Newish machine

It was time to replace our 2009 macbook and I have been waiting for a deal.  I wound up picking up a dell 7000 2-1 for around 450 off Amazon during black friday sales.  (I had a 75 gift card from my birthday so I was very happy in the end). I  popped a ssd in it and the sucker is fast.  My wife turned on the old machine and it took her about 10 minutes to get up and running (I need to do a clean restore). She was not happy. I think the new machine kicked on and was ready to go in about 10-11 seconds.

Why didn't I so with a Solid State Drive sooner?  We won't be doing anything heavy on it...regardless it is way better than what I was using.

Here is it: 

dell_inspiron13-100303712-orig.png

It was time to replace our 2009 macbook and I have been waiting for a deal.  I wound up picking up a dell 7000 2-1 for around 450 off Amazon during black friday sales.  (I had a 75 gift card from my birthday so I was very happy in the end). I  popped a ssd in it and the sucker is fast.  My wife turned on the old machine and it took her about 10 minutes to get up and running (I need to do a clean restore). She was not happy. I think the new machine kicked on and was ready to go in about 10-11 seconds.

Why didn't I so with a Solid State Drive sooner?  We won't be doing anything heavy on it...regardless it is way better than what I was using.

Here is it: 

dell_inspiron13-100303712-orig.png

And that is the right question..

I wouldn't have a computer without one these days. They are so affordable now..

That would feel like a huge tablet..lol..

I just never could get in to the iPad..

I have a 15" MacBook Pro and iPhone for mobility.. I really never could justify having something in between the two.

Looks like a pretty nice machine you got though...

Archived