Brownie Gordon Suspended AGAIN

High School Harry

The Cleveland Browns have suspended wide receiver Josh Gordon for violating team rules, the team announced on Twitter Saturday. Gordon's spot on the roster is now occupied by wide receiver Phil Bates. Gordon was suspended for missing a team walkthrough on Saturday, according to Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun.

The more significant portion of that Tweet is that Gordon will only accrue credit for five games this season. This means that Gordon only has two accrued seasons to his name, as you need to play in six games in any given season to accrue a full season. The reason this is significant is because players need four accrued seasons to hit unrestricted free agency.

Gordon's contract is up after the 2015 season, meaning he can only accrue three seasons now, making him a restricted free agent after next season. It's worth noting that Wilson followed up his previous Tweet with another, saying that this suspension was "motivated by team wanting to delay his free agency status," citing an inside source.

Whatever the case, Gordon will now end the 2014-15 season the same way he started it: suspended. Gordon was suspended for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy at the beginning of the season, and missed 10 games after his suspension was reduced under the league's revised drug policy. He was originally suspended for a full year.

He also missed two games due to a suspension in 2013, also due to a violation of the league's substance-abuse policy. Gordon has had a couple big games since returning, but will finish this season with 24 receptions for 303 yards and no touchdowns in five appearances.

Reports coming out that since he's only active for 5 games this season instead of 6, he loses a year towards FA and only becomes a RFA when he is supposed to become a UFA after next season.

Sounds like the Browns knew what they were doing..

Reports coming out that since he's only active for 5 games this season instead of 6, he loses a year towards FA and only becomes a RFA when he is supposed to become a UFA after next season.

Sounds like the Browns knew what they were doing..

Yeah, it does.

Now, there's a surprise...

lol.  ESPN Cleveland reporting they don't expect Josh to be back with the team next season.  What a clusterfuck of an organization.  Might as well blow it up again.

They should maybe take a year off & travel, find themselves 'yknow? Really think about things.

Cleveland is a complete fucking dumpster fire.  First, here's NFL.com's most recent article on Josh Gordon:

Linky: Browns at crossroads with Josh Gordon

Mike Pettine spent the majority of his Monday media session talking about a trio of highly touted Browns who failed to live up to their billing this season.  After labeling Johnny Manziel's lost weekend "unacceptable" and "disappointing," Cleveland's coach weighed in on the futures of Josh Gordon, the team's talented but troubled wideout, and first-round cornerback Justin Gilbert.

Pettine revealed that Gilbert -- like Gordon -- was essentially suspended for Sunday's loss to the Ravens after committing multiple team violations during his underwhelming rookie season, per the Akron Beacon Journal.

"Clearly a disappointing way for him to end the year," Pettine said of Gordon. "But at the same time, Josh right now is a Cleveland Brown. We want to take care of our own, but at the same time, we're gonna hold our guys accountable. I think everybody recognizes the talent that's there, but this isn't an individual sport. You have to be accountable to your coaching staff, you have to be accountable to your teammates, more importantly.

"That's the thing that we have to get (right) with Josh. It's not the ability. At some point, you get tired of using the word potential. So this offseason for him puts him squarely at a crossroads for us.".

Next, a second story just about Johnny Manziel, also from NFL.com:

Linky: Johnny Manziel: I have to learn or find another job.

"I brought this on myself. I brought these cameras and all these people that are in this locker room right now and I don't think it's fair to myself, I don't think it's fair to anybody in this locker room the distractions I've brought at points in time," Manziel said Monday, according to The Plain Dealer.  "So I'm sorry to these guys that are veterans in this locker room and know what it takes, that I'm having to learn the hard way. At the same time, I'm either going to learn or I'm going to be finding something else to do."

Manziel said he overslept after staying out too late on Friday. He then offered a blunt self-assessment. "There's nothing I can sit here and tell you," he said. "I can't sit here and talk to these mics or these cameras or anything that's going to do any good. It's about actions, it's about being accountable and doing what I'm going to say instead of looking like a jackass."

It's pretty much official: Johnny Manziel's first season in the NFL is a dumpster fire. Being a first-round pick affords additional rope, but Jimmy Haslam's comments Sunday tell us the organization is extremely displeased with the behavior of some of their highest-profile players and could be set to take drastic measures.

If Manziel doesn't shape up, his Browns career could be over in a blink.

Yeah, "dumpster fire"... so sayeth NFL.com.

I am thrilled to be in the only division in the NFL that has only three professional football teams.

More from the Factory of Sadness ... 

Cleveland Browns' Kyle Shanahan will consider lateral move because of friction between coaches and front office,… http://dlvr.it/827h3D 

Kyle Shanahan was eager to strike out on his own again, but landed in a situation that has become dysfunctional for him, the sources said. The biggest problem, they say is that the personnel side and coaches aren't seeing eye to eye on some key issues. One source said some coaches became upset when a high-ranking personnel member texted from the press box to the sidelines about play calls.

The coaches also may have felt pressure to start Johnny Manziel in the biggest game of the season, with the playoffs on the line. No mandate was given from the front office, but some staffers felt that the higher-ups wanted to see what their No. 22 overall pick could do. Shanahan did his best to bring Manziel up to speed, but it was evident he wasn't ready to play when he started against the Bengals, and flopped miserably.

Now, it appears that general manager Ray Farmer is willing to give Manziel another shot next year, and not everyone in the building is in agreement that the former Heisman Trophy winner has what it takes to succeed. Browns coach Mike Pettine has said the quarterback situation is "muddy at best'' and that the Browns will leave no stone unturned in their bid to fix it.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/kyle_shanahan_would_consider_e.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Johnny Football in the news again!

Linky:   Johnny Manziel has drinks thrown on him after nightclub altercation

Johnny Manziel has drinks thrown on him after nightclub altercation

Jan 5 2015, 7:04p

Johnny Manziel was involved in another incident over the weekend, according to a report from TMZ. The Browns' embattled rookie quarterback reportedly had drinks thrown on him by nightclub patrons in Houston after being heckled by the crowd, according to an area promotion company responsible for hosting the event. Members of the public were yelling at Manziel and alleged to have tried to "aggressively take photos" with the quarterback when he became fed up and flipped off the hecklers. This escalated the situation and drinks were thrown at Manziel, at which point he and his entourage left Dekan nightclub.

"I ducked and I looked at Johnny and we grabbed security and they ran us out of there," J.R. told TMZ Sports.

Manziel reportedly left the club, but returned when he was informed by security that the people responsible for throwing drinks were made to leave.

This latest incident comes less than two weeks after an alleged party caused Manziel and teammate Josh Gordon to be late to a Browns team meeting. The fallout from that incident was a contrite Manziel saying he would need to "stop acting like a jackass" if he hoped to have his NFL career progress further. The Browns organization has not issued a statement at this time regarding Manziel's incident in Cleveland. Houston police were not informed of the event at Dekan nightclub, but the altercation flies in the face of a warning issued to Manziel by the Browns to not be photographed in bars or clubs.

dumpster-garbage-fire-gif.gif

Yaay, it's Dumpy!

Archived