Do we really need to beat the Stealers?

First off let me just say that I want to beat the Stealers at all cost anytime of the year. But I am just wondering, is it to our benefit to beat them? Do we wanna play the Chargers at home if we beat them cause I'm sure they'll beat KC. Or are we better off going to Indy for a payback? Indy seems banged the fuck up lately. They almost lost to Cleveland the week before we went and laid the smack down on them. Also if we win I feel like that may get to us. We play so much better after a loss. Just stuff that's been on my mind that is all. I can't wait for tomorrow. 

sure looked okay playing the broncos after smashing the browns and have won 5 of last 6, 7 or last 9.  anytime you can get a home playoff game, you take it.  no questions asked.

What he said. And also because do you REALLY wanna get swept by those inbred fucks? We've gone into the playoffs with so called favorable match ups time and time again. We got our dicks knocked into the dirt. Fuck a favorable match up. Come back home and defend your FUCKING stadium man.

Line up and hit the motherfucker in front of you in the mouth. That's all that matters. Beat who is ahead of you.

This is like asking yourself if you really need to bang your wife. I mean, sure, she's ready in the sack for you, but is it really necessary?

The answer is always yes.

The Bengals beating the Stealers is comparable to getting laid.

It's better....no snuggling after...

Ehhh... really thinking way too much into it with this mind set, in my opinion. Whatever game they're about to play - that's the one they need to win; isn't that really the principle of being a playoff team? You're going to have to play and defeat a good team and that's that. No need to put silver lining on a potential loss... To answer the direct question: YES, beat the living shit out of the Steelers. The aim is to be the best... well, then prove it. To put it bluntly, it shouldn't matter who we play - be better than the other team (no matter who it is). Surely, no one within the actual organization is thinking along the terms of "Well, is it actually more beneficial if we lose..."

The guy opposite of you is merely another man - be better than him.

Am I the only one that thinks dissecting it beyond that is just nonsense?

The truth?

If we beat the Steelers but lose in the first round of the playoffs, nobody here will care about us having beat the Steelers.

If we lose to the Steelers but win a couple playoff games, nobody here will much care about us having lost to the Steelers in Week 17.

So yeah, obviously it would be nice to win (and it sets up a slightly better playoff scenario IMO). But this team is going to be judged based upon what they do in the playoffs and not a halfway meaningless regular season game with both teams having wrapped up trips to the postseason.

The truth?

If we beat the Stealers but lose in the first round of the playoffs, nobody here will care about us having beat the Stealers.

If we lose to the Stealers but win a couple playoff games, nobody here will much care about us having lost to the Stealers in Week 17.

So yeah, obviously it would be nice to win (and it sets up a slightly better playoff scenario IMO). But this team is going to be judged based upon what they do in the playoffs and not a halfway meaningless regular season game with both teams having wrapped up trips to the postseason.

Beating the Steelers in their crib to set up, at worst, a home playoff game against a 6th seed is halfway meaningless? Not to mention the confidence that win will instill into this team in that home playoff game and the potential to carry them throughout???? If that's halfway meaningless, then I'm not sure why they even have seeding or a thing called homefield advantage. Again, u take the home game.....at all costs. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. (Drago voice) "If they die, they die," but so be it. PERIOD.

I would like another shot at the Colts with us having AJ and them sans Bradshaw who cut through us like a buzzsaw, but not bad enough to hope we lose to the Stealers.

Someone tell Phillip we aren't fumbling at the 5 yard line next week.  We're going to wax that ass this time.

I would like another shot at the Colts with us having AJ and them sans Bradshaw who cut through us like a buzzsaw, but not bad enough to hope we lose to the Stealers.

Someone tell Phillip we aren't fumbling at the 5 yard line next week.  We're going to wax that ass this time.

Lamur and Maualuga also missed that game.

Beating the Stealers in their crib to set up, at worst, a home playoff game against a 6th seed is halfway meaningless? Not to mention the confidence that win will instill into this team in that home playoff game and the potential to carry them throughout???? If that's halfway meaningless, then I'm not sure why they even have seeding or a thing called homefield advantage. Again, u take the home game.....at all costs. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. (Drago voice) "If they die, they die," but so be it. PERIOD.

IF they lose in the first round, ESPECIALLY at home to the 6 seed, then, yes, the Pitt game will be pretty meaningless.

Which is completely different from saying "I don't care about this game."

I understand what is being asked, and I *do* want to beat the living crap out of Pittsburgh and make all their fans cry.  But this is *not* a "must win" game.... that was last week against Denver.

Look, when we win, we will be back-to-back division champs, we will open our playoffs at home, our path to glory avoids Foxboro, and we *might* get a bye.  If we lose, we still make the playoffs, we play a weakened Colts team, we send San Diego to Pittsburgh, and we draw an easier schedule next year (no Indy, no New England).  A win is worth more than a loss, but because of what we did on Monday against Denver, a loss isn't a killer.

We've earned the right to be in this position.  Ain't it great?!?

Yes, we always need to beat the stealers. AND that is their mindset for the Bengals. They always need to beat the Bengals and pad two yearly wins in their record. Heck yes! We need to beat the stealers!

I get what everyone is saying. It was just thoughts that was on my mind. I get so nervous before we play those fuckers. I thought well since we were already in what is our best chance in the playoffs this year. But I agree with you all and beating the Stealers and getting the homefield advantage would be the best case.

With this flu bug going around I find it to be very difficult for us to win. Not being a skeptic but this game was going to be hard enough as it is.

With that said. I would like to win but I don't want it to come as a result of injuries. Pulled muscles are going to be the biggest risk with everyone dehydrated from the flu.

Best case scenario. Get an early lead and hold it for the victory without exerting to much energy and breath on as many steelers as possible so they all have the flu next week. Lol

Archived