Draft Needs

Imo WR and D line. I think we try to get the 2nd best wr in the draft obviously we won't get amari cooper, then we go d line in the 2nd and 3rd rounds again. We need more at DT. Thompson and Atkins I think are all we have. Peko should be a cap casualty. We also can never have enough talented corners.

Free agency is going to have a good bit to say about our needs.  Maualuga, Boling, and Gresham are all free agents.  Plus we have several guys coming up next year we would be wise to lock up this year so money is going to be something of an issue.

Plus we continually get abused by Antonio Brown.  I don't know what kind of progress McCaleb is making as a CB, but I'd like to add a CB with the speed and quickness to cover, or at least stay with him.

Plus we continually get abused by Antonio Brown.  I don't know what kind of progress McCaleb is making as a CB, but I'd like to add a CB with the speed and quickness to cover, or at least stay with him.

I actually thought Kirkpatrick looked pretty good last night....if it weren't for that last play, Brown pretty much would have been held in check for the night...on offense at least....not to mention the play should have come back for OPI.  :whistle:

back to the draft....it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they took another first rd corner when you look at how much value they put on that position.....they seem to want five that could start and Newman looks to be on his last legs......plus, for whatever reason, there always seems to be one sitting there that's not supposed to be......I guess I wouldn't hate it, as long as the right guy is there. 

as far as needs go though, I'd go with LB, WR and D'line, particularly a DT.......Bennett maybe :)

Need to improve the pass rush, and I don't care if it's from DT, DE, or both.

I want a CB who can run with Brown and Hilton and Smith.

Need to improve the run blocking on the O-line.

Need to add at least 1 more reliable WR, preferably one who is either big (i.e., 6'5" 210+) or very fast (i.e. sub 4.3).

Need to address any starter we lose in free agency.

Pack will never let him get away, but I'd love to sign Randall Cobb.  Brings the kind of attitude this team needs more of and a top-notch receiver.   Green, Jones, Cobb and Sanu would be a helluva a top four for a new QB.

WR definitely needs to be in the conversation somewhere this off-season, maybe even first rd if the right guy is sitting there.....right now it's just AJ and a bunch of #4's.....Jones and Eifert might help but they still need someone else that defenses have to fear IMO. 

Archived