Will AJ Play - No Ruled Out

By the way I blame Rumble for AJ not coming back, I caught him talking shit on facebook again

I did not talk shit dude come on. I talked shit with steelers fans after the loss but never did I say anything to any colts fans. I am staying calm this week and keeping my mouth shut and bought dude that has an undefeated record to attent the game and keep the streak alive. 

Was just looking at the league concussion protocols. This sort of stood out:

"Once removed for the duration of a practice or game, the player should not be considered for return-to-football activities until he is fully asymptomatic, both at rest and after exertion, has a normal neurological examination, normal neuropsychological testing, and has been cleared to return by both his team physician(s) and the independent neurological consultant."

I was under an impression that a "independent neurological consultant" was the final word, and the player was automatically out if that doc said so.

"Should", legally speaking, is discretionary. And, I see no fines or penalties against a team if the player still plays. If AJ nods his head and counts to 10 and says "I can go" on Sunday, why wouldn't he be permitted to do so?     

Anyone who thinks we're better off without an green on the field has no clue how football works.

100%.  This is getting a little ridiculous.

But I have a feeling he will be out there.  Too much on the line.  We might see massacre X2 if AJ doesn't play.  Vontae Davis locked Mo up last game.  

I have to imagine a lot of it has to do with things being reported by the player. I can't imagine many scenarios where the player claims they are fine and don't play. AJ is a bit of a pansy in my eyes and this only supports it.

Ever been tested for a concussion? Until you have, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Fucked!! Like I said in another thread, these guys are paid millions. They should be able to make their own decisions if they want to play or not. They are not pop warner kids out there. That ex-player lawsuit destroyed the sport. We're in trouble!!

Hopefully we don't run Sanu at QB and Dalton at WR. If we can avoid those calls and run the ball with succcess they can win w/o Green.

Hill and Gio will be the keys in this game and any future games. Dalton is at his best when he has about 15 to 20 pass attempts a game. Our passing threat is basically nill in void.

Ever been tested for a concussion? Until you have, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Burfict was able to pass concussion protocol on multiple occasions and couldn't stand up straight. Sorry, but the way the player feels and relays their symptoms to the dr has to play a large role.

Burfict was able to pass concussion protocol on multiple occasions and couldn't stand up straight. Sorry, but the way the player feels and relays their symptoms to the dr has to play a large role.

You have no idea what testing for a concussion is. There's more to it than shining a flashlight in somebody's eyes and asking them to count down from 10 and asking them how they feel.

You have no idea what testing for a concussion is. There's more to it than shining a flashlight in somebody's eyes and asking them to count down from 10 and asking them how they feel.

Hey you, up on that high horse, come on down.

Obviously we all know there is more to the testing than that. That's why I said a part of it has to be the players input, guess what the other part I was implying about was? Smh

Hey you, up on that high horse, come on down.

Obviously we all know there is more to the testing than that. That's why I said a part of it has to be the players input, guess what the other part I was implying about was? Smh

So what's the fucking problem then? If a doctor sits AJ Green down on a computer and runs cognitive tests and AJ fails it, what is he supposed to do, allow him to play just because the player said he's good to go? What if he can't stand to open his eyes in a lit room? What if he has trouble maintaining his balance? Did you see the hit he took to his head last week?

So what's the fucking problem then? If a doctor sits AJ Green down on a computer and runs cognitive tests and AJ fails it, what is he supposed to do, allow him to play just because the player said he's good to go? What if he can't stand to open his eyes in a lit room? What if he has trouble maintaining his balance? Did you see the hit he took to his head last week?

Why would he sit him on a computer?

It's part of testing for a concussion. It would be to test an individuals cognitive ability (memory, patterns, etc.)

Seems to me that sitting AJ on a computer would be more a balance test than anything.

.... It was a shitty joke that went over your head.

Look, I understand there is more to concussion protocol than what the player says but that has to be a large part of it. Any many of the other concerns would have been shut down if he was able to go through warm ups yesterday (ie balance, and sensitivity to light). I'm not going to pretend to be a doctor and argue, I just always get the impression that AJ is one of those players that doesn't have a burning desire to play/win. Either way, let's hope hes healthy enough to play. Who Dey!

Archived