Car Stereo

So I am thinking about replacing our stock car stereo.

Basically I am not looking for anything high end.  I would like to have ipod integration and navigation.  Right now I do have an ipod running through the stock radio and we have a very old GPS.

I am not an audiophile....is my best best crutchfield?  Any other suggestions for a low end system that isn't total crap?

crutchfield with coupon codes is usually decent.. finding the same product new on ebay or amazon will save a few more bucks..

anything pioneer sony or alpine should give the quality you are looking for without breaking the bank..

sadly mt accord is unable to replace the dash system without putting a generic dash kit in that looks like shit..

crutchfield with coupon codes is usually decent.. finding the same product new on ebay or amazon will save a few more bucks..

anything pioneer sony or alpine should give the quality you are looking for without breaking the bank..

sadly mt accord is unable to replace the dash system without putting a generic dash kit in that looks like shit..

Cool!  I'll see what I can find.  I don't think I'd be able to replace mine without a generic dash kit...Should I be worried?

Cool!  I'll see what I can find.  I don't think I'd be able to replace mine without a generic dash kit...Should I be worried?

not really, the honda one for my car repalces the knobs and everything..looks like shit.. the normal kits are fine.. 

I just wish Honda would get around to supplying Apple CarPlay like they were supposed to with the 2014 models... :glare:

my dads Si has it.. i think.. dealer said it did..

Is it possible to use my phone (connected to a stereo) to display GPS maps?

if it is compatible...

my dads Si has it.. i think.. dealer said it did..

His is a 2014 as well, correct?  Mine doesn't have it, and I've yet to see any confirmation that it has been rolled out on *any* Honda model yet.  All I've been able to find are vague forum posts about an upcoming firmware upgrade.... 

His is a 2014 as well, correct?  Mine doesn't have it, and I've yet to see any confirmation that it has been rolled out on *any* Honda model yet.  All I've been able to find are vague forum posts about an upcoming firmware upgrade.... 

ah, dude said it would display GPS from the phone if plugged in...

i never tried it or anything..

ah, dude said it would display GPS from the phone if plugged in...

i never tried it or anything..

Yeah, there's a HondaLink app on the App Store that you can use to do the maps on the stock system, but it's fucking horrible judging by the reviews (all 1 star).  It's not CarPlay though.... 

Yeah, there's a HondaLink app on the App Store that you can use to do the maps on the stock system, but it's fucking horrible judging by the reviews (all 1 star).  It's not CarPlay though.... 

just came across that... i am skeptical.. an app between honda and apple and it sucks?!?  seems unlikely... yet there is no evidence otherwise...

makes me want to buy it...  which isnt logical either..

Archived