(Andy's ARM ... the obvious issue)

You really shouldnt play in the interweb if I actually upset you. Winston has flaws like almost every player but you can overcome alot with arm strength, ACCURACY and timing. A quick release wont fix a weak arm downfield and certainly doesn't help a pass thrown 3 feet too high.

I never said you upset me. I just said you were an ass for laughing at someone's valid opinion.

Secondly, you seem to be referring to Dalton with the weak arm and passes to high. I agree a quick release doesn't fix those, I never said or implied that. My statements are strictly on how successful I think Winston will be.

Look... I am gonna flat lay this out there...

This is not trying to make any excuses for Andy, but

Did you guys watch the graphic showing the first game against the colts and a couple plays from this game where andy dropped back and NO ONE was getting open....

Both games we didn't have Green or Marvin Jones.

We had:

Sanu: great 3rd WR but fails miserably as a 1 because he can't stretch the field
Little: head case and seems like he is halfheartedly playing
Tate: come on now... Do I even need to explain

We have proven time and again that if this team has to rely on Andy to put him on his back they will fail.

The bigger problem is that guys we rely on to win are increasingly standing on the sidelines with injuries.

In the NFL when you can overcome injuries if they are scattered throughout the team, but when one or two position groups are decimated, i.e. Our LBs and WR/TEs other teams are going to exploit it and the Colts did....

So 12 teams made the playoffs, really look at the other 20 and tell me which teams have better QBs than the Bengals.

I am on board that we need to draft someone and start developing them, but none of these playoff losses fall squarely on Andys shoulders. For some reason when the lights are the brightest this team plays the worst.

That is a huge problem.

That is a huge problem.

But ask Trent Dilfer if Super Bowls can be won with a serviceable QB...

Fact of the matter is the bigger issue to me is the other "star" players are either disappearing in big games or standing on the sidelines way too much....

It sounds cold.... But you remember the man who said " I don't talk to hurt guys"

Tell me what team could withstand losing or playing significant time from all these players and positions and even make the playoffs

Wr1 or AJ Green
Wr2 or Marvin Jones
TE1 or Tyler Eifert
TE 2 or Jermaine Gresham
TE3 or Alex Smith
RT1 or Andre Smith
MLB1 or Rey Maualuga
SLB1 or Vontaze Burfict

That is the main star power of the team that spent a lot and sometimes all of the season standing on the sidelines....

Remember how mediocre Tom Brady was after Moss left and they were throwing to the likes of Chad Jackson?

Sure you don't.....

Oh... And how long was Bernard out?

We need LB depth... A pass rusher and another WR

I think membengal has it correct.     Bengals have a C player at the offenses most impactful position,IMO.

I don't think Marvin Lewis is going to be fully on board with any course of action that's going to put him in a position to have to manage a QB competition and the fan/media/lockeroom drama that goes along with those.

1st step is to change out the head coach or get acceptance the QB position is going to receive additional talent and that it's going to be a competitive spot this offseason.

If that doesn't happen then the Qb discussion don't matter.

Lewis/Dalton are under contract and I'm guessing are going to be back.     Here's plan B and probably the reality:

1. Wish for a return of All-Pro Atkins

2. Wish for a return of All-Pro Burfict

3. Wish for a return of All-Pro Green

Wish for a return and get contributions from promising players like Eifert, Jones etc.

Then wish for the Bengals to buck the trend for 1 year that all players perform up to "on paper" expectations and that all players remain healthy.    Then buck another trend that all players perform so greatly to overcome the head coach's post season record. 

Good luck! 

What arm issue?  Again, stop listening to what NFL people have to say....there are 4 posters here who can tell you the real truth.  And that truth is, that Andy Dalton's arm is just fine.  I mean, Drew Brees and Tom Brady didn't have good arms coming out of college.  Sure, didn't you know?!?!?  They had weak arms but they fed their arms, they lathered them in "strong arm oil" and gave their arms appropriate nutrition and rest and all of a sudden, their monster arms had awoken from their slumber.  This should happen by year 9 or so.  Give him at least 5 more years on that front.

As for only throwing the ball 5 yds downfield....well, this is what the new NFL will look like and can you imagine the amount QBs will make then?  So Dalton's contract is actually a bargain and a great deal for the forward looking and forward seeing Bengals.  Also, not sure if you've heard or not but QBs like Dalton don't grow on the trees, like a banana for example.  Bananas grow on the trees, but awesome QBs like Dalton.....not so much unfortunately.  Wouldn't it be nice to go to Krogers and pick out a nice organic Franchise QB from the produce section?  That way there would be viable options available.....but as it stands now, there is a low probability of finding another QB who can put up games like Dalton, throwing the ball to his RB 80% of the time.  May take years to find someone who can overthrow or miss the simplest of throws.  

I don't think Marvin Lewis is going to be fully on board with any course of action that's going to put him in a position to have to manage a QB competition and the fan/media/lockeroom drama that goes along with those.

1st step is to change out the head coach or get acceptance the QB position is going to receive additional talent and that it's going to be a competitive spot this offseason.

If that doesn't happen then the Qb discussion don't matter.

Agreed.

Honestly, I've got no problem with bringing in competetion for Dalton, but I don't see that happening in a meaningful way unless there's a change at head coach.

With only a year remaining on his contract Lewis isn't going to draft a replacement QB.

What arm issue?  Again, stop listening to what NFL people have to say....there are 4 posters here who can tell you the real truth.  And that truth is, that Andy Dalton's arm is just fine.  I mean, Drew Brees and Tom Brady didn't have good arms coming out of college.  Sure, didn't you know?!?!?  They had weak arms but they fed their arms, they lathered them in "strong arm oil" and gave their arms appropriate nutrition and rest and all of a sudden, their monster arms had awoken from their slumber.  This should happen by year 9 or so.  Give him at least 5 more years on that front.

As for only throwing the ball 5 yds downfield....well, this is what the new NFL will look like and can you imagine the amount QBs will make then?  So Dalton's contract is actually a bargain and a great deal for the forward looking and forward seeing Bengals.  Also, not sure if you've heard or not but QBs like Dalton don't grow on the trees, like a banana for example.  Bananas grow on the trees, but awesome QBs like Dalton.....not so much unfortunately.  Wouldn't it be nice to go to Krogers and pick out a nice organic Franchise QB from the produce section?  That way there would be viable options available.....but as it stands now, there is a low probability of finding another QB who can put up games like Dalton, throwing the ball to his RB 80% of the time.  May take years to find someone who can overthrow or miss the simplest of throws.  

The next time you climb out of your hole you should save yourself the keystrokes and just type the name of Zack Mettenberger

Sure would be nice for reading purposes if you were as funny and smart as you think you are. I guess, just like Andy, we (you) must all have our shortcomings.

The next time you climb out of your hole you should save yourself the keystrokes and just type the name of Zack Mettenberger

Pls tell us again how BenJarvus Green Ellis shouldn't be upgraded?   How Dalton is capable of leading this team to a SB.  I"m all ears.  

Sure would be nice for reading purposes if you were as funny and smart as you think you are. I guess, just like Andy, we (you) must all have our shortcomings.

I guess you'll have to come up with bullshit ways to defend me just like you do Dalton's shortcomings.  That should be a fun game.  

If you could only rewind the day after losing to San Diego you just kinda knew a year later this would be the tone if nothing was done at the QB spot and Head Coach spot.

Going into Dalton year 5 - looks the same to me.  

Just keep in mind we are just trying to win a playoff game in the wild card round vs.  low seeds.    The Superbowl seems so far off it's not even funny,  it doesn't even seem possible at all.

I guess you'll have to come up with bullshit ways to defend me just like you do Dalton's shortcomings.  That should be a fun game.  

Find one post Einstein. I as stated many times understand his limitations. I'm smart enough to realize the fix isn't easy. Give us the fix. Mettingburger? Gotta admit, your posts pack a lot of sarcasm but lack intelligence or actual facts for that matter.

It's not arm strength, system, or mechanics. Dalton doesn't have 'IT' on the biggest stage. That unmeasurable magic is not there. The sample set is big enough. He sucks in big games.

He was perfect for this franchise 10-20 years ago. Now, I would roll the dice and see what's out there.

Shouldn't get so emotional over football either....it's just a game lil buddy.  

Right back at ya'.

Seems like only yesterday you were posting nonsense about how people can't posts criticism of Dalton here and how you had been picked on and how unfair it all was. (sniff) 

:1violin:  

Find one post Einstein. I as stated many times understand his limitations. I'm smart enough to realize the fix isn't easy. Give us the fix. Mettingburger? Gotta admit, your posts pack a lot of sarcasm but lack intelligence or actual facts for that matter.

Didn't you know?  There are no fixes....fixes simply don't exist so there should be no attempt to even try to fix glaring issues.  Because you can always end up worse off.  You know....how winners think!   

I'll add some intelligence to my post since the lack of intelligence upsets you so....

Here's a riddle for you (intelligent as shit riddle btw):

1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him? 

OK, here goes. Hey guys, I know Khat comes off as a sarcastic little biatch but we must adhere to freedom of speech even for idiots that lack the ability to express themselves in a civilized manner.

There, did I defend your lack of intelligence sufficiently enough for you?

And please quit referring to everyone's anger when they respond to you. It's easy to see your sarcasm masks plenty of your inner hostilities. Loosen up

Good first attempt but you will have to step your game up for when I really shit the bed.  You can blame other posters for when I completely cover my leg in wet mudbutt as a quick first option....that always seems to work for a little while.  Otherwise, you can blame the computer I'm typing on.....how can I be expected to write quality posts when the computer is lacking and doesn't give any effort.  The computer causes most of my INTs and can directly be blamed for the Pittsburgh loss.  

Reality is we missed the boat last year when we could have selected Derek Carr. He had an exceptional year throwing to guys you never heard of and protected by a marginal o line.

At the risk of sounding like a troll...

There was NOTHING exceptional about his season. 76 passer rating, and only touched 90 twice. His touchdown to interception ratio looks good, but 10 of his 21 TDs came in the fourth quarter. With all the garbage time opportunities he had, to wind up with just over 3,000 yards is pretty bad. Actually, it's REALLY bad.

Don't get me wrong, he may be a very good quarterback at some point. Just don't mischaracterize his 2014 performance.

It's funny that you said he was throwing to "people no one ever heard of". James Jones and Mychal Rivera would have been starters in Cincinnati this year.

Look... I am gonna flat lay this out there...

This is not trying to make any excuses for Andy, but

Did you guys watch the graphic showing the first game against the colts and a couple plays from this game where andy dropped back and NO ONE was getting open....

Both games we didn't have Green or Marvin Jones.

We had:

Sanu: great 3rd WR but fails miserably as a 1 because he can't stretch the field
Little: head case and seems like he is halfheartedly playing
Tate: come on now... Do I even need to explain

We have proven time and again that if this team has to rely on Andy to put him on his back they will fail.

The bigger problem is that guys we rely on to win are increasingly standing on the sidelines with injuries.

In the NFL when you can overcome injuries if they are scattered throughout the team, but when one or two position groups are decimated, i.e. Our LBs and WR/TEs other teams are going to exploit it and the Colts did....

So 12 teams made the playoffs, really look at the other 20 and tell me which teams have better QBs than the Bengals.

I am on board that we need to draft someone and start developing them, but none of these playoff losses fall squarely on Andys shoulders. For some reason when the lights are the brightest this team plays the worst.

Gold star.

Archived