(Andy's ARM ... the obvious issue)

I was at the game so I don't know if they showed a replay, Dalton threw a beautiful deep ball to Little today and Little stopped running his route. It was unfortunate and set up perfect. Would have been 6, assuming Little catches it.

No thanks. Not only is he a head case, his mechanics are very flawed. His throw has a windup and takes too long. Not a chance he's successful in the NFL.

I was at the game so I don't know if they showed a replay, Dalton threw a beautiful deep ball to Little today and Little stopped running his route. It was unfortunate and set up perfect. Would have been 6, assuming Little catches it.

No thanks. Not only is he a head case, his mechanics are very flawed. His throw has a windup and takes too long. Not a chance he's successful in the NFL.

LOL, there is nothing wrong with his mechanics. I will buy he may be a head case but FSU lost because they couldn't stop Oregon and their receivers could not get open.

For the record I LIKE Andy Dalton ... I root for Andy Dalton ... I want him to do well. However, there comes a point where you can't ignore the reality in front of you. He does not have a top 15 arm in the NFL ... yet he has a top 15 in the NFL contract.

I was one of the Bengals fans who was hoping we would pick Teddy Bridgewater last year in the draft. We could have drafted him and it would have been the right thing to do..

You do realize that Teddy Bridgewaters biggest problem is his lack of an arm just like Daltons. Arm strength for those two is identical.

Jameis Winston was the only QB I watched who threw NFL caliber passes into very small windows.

Agreed. Mariota's throws were not NFL throws nor were they impressive.

Agreed. Mariota's throws were not NFL throws nor were they impressive.

I think Mariota's success is more based on his system than his natural abilities (same can be said for Dalton at TCU likely as well). He could likely be a successful pro if he is drafted by a decent team that allows him the flexibility like Seattle does Wilson. However, as has been sad, it is without a doubt that Winston has an NFL caliber arm ... one of the few guys in college who do (not sure about his head though).

I doubt AJ Green will sign a second contract that has Andy throwing passes to him. I base that on his body language and facial expressions. He looks to be having a hard time dealing with the adversity that comes with being Andy Dalton's primary target.

Why would he? This franchise is committed to Andy. Committed to Marvin. I would peace the fuck out

LOL, there is nothing wrong with his mechanics. I will buy he may be a head case but FSU lost because they couldn't stop Oregon and their receivers could not get open.

I wasn't joking. So I don't appreciate you laughing. I guess you will have to wait until draft time and see the experts dig into him. His delivery has a wind up similar to Tebow or Leftwich. Thus, he has flaws in his mechanics, his throwing motion. Maybe he gets away with it in college and not in the pros. Maybe his strong arm makes up for it in the pros as well. Maybe he works with people to change it (always scary). But there is no denying that his throwing motion is not ideal, meaning he has bad mechanics.

Since Andy already knows the system, obviously the ideal situation is to magically give Andy a better arm ... but I'm not sure that is possible. Does anyone know of any methods or players who have considerably improved their arm strength in the past? Is it a matter of genetics and body type at some point ... arm ligaments?

I think Mariota's success is more based on his system than his natural abilities (same can be said for Dalton at TCU likely as well). He could likely be a successful pro if he is drafted by a decent team that allows him the flexibility like Seattle does Wilson. However, as has been sad, it is without a doubt that Winston has an NFL caliber arm ... one of the few guys in college who do (not sure about his head though).

I thought that was part of what he tried last offseason with Tom house.

I wasn't joking. So I don't appreciate you laughing. I guess you will have to wait until draft time and see the experts dig into him. His delivery has a wind up similar to Tebow or Leftwich. Thus, he has flaws in his mechanics, his throwing motion. Maybe he gets away with it in college and not in the pros. Maybe his strong arm makes up for it in the pros as well. Maybe he works with people to change it (always scary). But there is no denying that his throwing motion is not ideal, meaning he has bad mechanics.

Tebow couldn't throw the ball 20 yards. Winston is a very accurrate passer with a huge arm so procclaiming he has BAD mechanics is again laughable. Does he have a bit of a wind up...yes. Can he make every NFL throw? Yes.

Unlike, RGIII who actually has horrible mechanics, Winston has excellent foot work, pocket presence and has played in a pro style offense. His biggest issue will be Jameis Winston not the minor issue of his windup.

Tebow couldn't throw the ball 20 yards. He is a very accurrate passer with a huge arm so procclaiming he has BAD mechanics is again laughable. Does he have a bit of a wind up...yes. Can he make every NFL throw? Yes.
Unlike, RGIII who actually has horrible mechanics, Winston has excellent foot work, pocket presence and has played in a pro style offense. His biggest issue will be Jameis Winston not the minor issue of his windup.

Do you have any idea how big of a deal a slow release time in the NFL is? Everything changes at the next level. Windows are righter and close quicker. No sense in arguing his success now because we can't tell the future. But laughing at someone's opinion on flaws in his game is both rude and childish.

Do you have any idea how big of a deal a slow release time in the NFL is? Everything changes at the next level. Windows are righter and close quicker. No sense in arguing his success now because we can't tell the future. But laughing at someone's opinion on flaws in his game is both rude and childish.

I'm laughing at your shit opinion too. Can I get a lecture?

You really shouldnt play in the interweb if I actually upset you. Winston has flaws like almost every player but you can overcome alot with arm strength, ACCURACY and timing. A quick release wont fix a weak arm downfield and certainly doesn't help a pass thrown 3 feet too high.

Why blame a guy who hasn't been with the team since 2010?

Mehh, I don't buy the nobody can get open cry anyways.  I do think that was an issue today due to lack of talent  but we have had an issue spreading out the ball all year WHEN AJ is in the game.  That is on the OC and QB NOT AJ.    

The issue in my mind is Dalton is throwing most of his long passes over the top on the sideline to AJ,  not down the middle or on seam routes.  It is a pass he and the coaches are comfortable throwing because typically the worse case is the pass gets broken up, is over thrown or goes out of bounds.  

Most of his longer passes not to AJ are typically on comeback routes or to open receivers sitting down in space.     The Eifert pass from last year we all drooled over are very RARE on this team.  Those passes have to be almost dead on since there is usually a safety waiting for the overthrown ball.

Look... I am gonna flat lay this out there...

This is not trying to make any excuses for Andy, but

Did you guys watch the graphic showing the first game against the colts and a couple plays from this game where andy dropped back and NO ONE was getting open....

Both games we didn't have Green or Marvin Jones.

We had:

Sanu: great 3rd WR but fails miserably as a 1 because he can't stretch the field
Little: head case and seems like he is halfheartedly playing
Tate: come on now... Do I even need to explain

We have proven time and again that if this team has to rely on Andy to put him on his back they will fail.

The bigger problem is that guys we rely on to win are increasingly standing on the sidelines with injuries.

In the NFL when you can overcome injuries if they are scattered throughout the team, but when one or two position groups are decimated, i.e. Our LBs and WR/TEs other teams are going to exploit it and the Colts did....

So 12 teams made the playoffs, really look at the other 20 and tell me which teams have better QBs than the Bengals.

I am on board that we need to draft someone and start developing them, but none of these playoff losses fall squarely on Andys shoulders. For some reason when the lights are the brightest this team plays the worst.

Jameis Winston was the only QB I watched who threw NFL caliber passes into very small windows.

I totally agree, but there's no way we can get him unless Tampa will switch first rounders with us and we give up Andy build them a new stadium or something.

Head case, maybe.  IMO, he's the most NFL ready QB in college today.

Yeah, but he might rape your daughter...

Probably not.

He's just not good.  Andy Dalton that is.  Why is this concept so hard for some?  No, he wasn't playing with a full deck yesterday, not even a half deck, but to sit there and watch him before the half continuously throw passes into the flat to Gio, knowing damn well the defense has it sniffed out pre-snap, suggest something far different to me than just a lack of arm strength.  So to conclude again, he's just not very good.  Thus, the team will continue to be NOT VERY GOOD, when it matters. 

Archived