Trade Dalton for RG3

After watching another disappointing playoff game in which Dalton did little to nothing to help his team win I think it's time Bengals nation comes to the realization that Dalton will never be a Super Bowl champ. Anyone who watches enough football knows that some players have "it" and others do not, Dalton clearly doesn't have "it".

What is "it" you ask, the stuff champions are made of, that driving force that will allow a player to put a team on back and lead them to victory. Guys like Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Farve, Manning(both), Rothliesberger(can't believe I just typed that), and Brees have proven they have it. These are guys that play their best when the pressure and stakes are high. They don't shrink in the big moments that define a career, they shine. To assume that one day Dalton will just magically get better and develop that quality that it takes to lead a team to a Super Bowl is insanity to me.

People always ask who will replace the Great Andy Dalton, the man who has 40 wins in 4 seasons. I say RG3 would be a would be a more that suitable replacement. RG3 has all the tools to be a successful QB in the NFL and his skills set is a better fit for Hue's offense than Dalton as he can make a big play out of ordinary play and he can make every throw with accuracy. 

Gruden hand picked Dalton to run his offense and he clearly doesn't want RG3 to be his QB, so I think this trade would make sense for both franchises and help them reach their goals of playing in the SuperBowl. 

Gruden hand picked Dalton to run his offense and he clearly doesn't want RG3 to be his QB, so I think this trade would make sense for both franchises and help them reach their goals of playing in the SuperBowl. 

So, Gruden doesn't want RGIII to run his offense in Washington, but we need RGIII to run Gruden's offense here?

Not sure I would want that trade.  Snyder would want a lot!

You've got it all wrong.

We're getting RGIII and a sweetener for Dalton.

The sweetner would be  those Subway sandwhiches and commercials.

Any-hoo any proposed QB upgrade is going to get shit on from the same crowd.  The more realistic the bigger the bat shit crazy reaction.

We need to bring in competition for the QB spot and eventual replacement.    The reality is any crazy QB plan is just about a realistic as Dalton being something in year 5 that he hasn't been in years 1-4.  

These spread quarterbacks coming out just aren't taking their game to the next level.  I would almost steer away from any spread quarterback at this point.  If you look at the QB's in the playoffs, I think Rodgers is the only one I can think of that ran anything close to a spread.  I have no idea what Romo did.

They have so much more of a learning curve.  They usually don't have 3/5/7 step drops down as a lot of their time is spent in the shotgun.  They aren't used to going through progressions.  The running ones don't have the advantage of the option anymore and their arm deficiencies are more apparent.  

Mariota may be able to break the curve.  Glad I'm not the one handing in the draft card to find out, though.

I'm sure Cooley could offer the same analysis for Dalton many times this season. 

So, Gruden doesn't want RGIII to run his offense in Washington, but we need RGIII to run Gruden's offense here?

Hue isn't running Gruden's offense, not quite sure what you mean by this. 

Although to be fair RG3 would probably get more protection behind our line than Washington's, but dude is always hurt. He is the Chris Perry of QBs.

He would get more protection and better coaching, he would benefit from a run first offense that limits his throws. He has the arm to hit on the deep ball and he could turn a read-option play into a TD. 

I know it sounds crazy but I think RG3 would be a great fit for Hue's offense, much better than Dalton. Also, I think RG3 would not shrink in the big moments, unlike Dalton. 

We seem to have a pretty good locker room and I don't think RG3 is well liked in the Redskins locker room.  Not sure I would want that trade.  Snyder would want a lot!

RG3 has been humbled this year, plus our locker room is much stronger than the Redskins. With vets like DeAngelo Hall and DeShawn Jackson I don't think that Redskins have a similar locker room that the Bengals have, but I could be wrong. 

At some point Synder is going to have to choose between Gruden and RG3, if he chooses Gruden then I'm sure they would want to get something in return for RG3. Why not get the only QB that has had success running Gruden's offense in the NFL? 

Yeah the Skins wouldn't do that shit. Nobody with a brain would

Gruden and RG3 aren't going to be on the same for much longer so someone is going to have to go. If Snyder chooses RG3 over a coach again he will have a tough time getting quality coaches to work for him if he lets a player run 2 coaches out of town. At this point the Redskins have to trade RG3, it's just of matter of what can they get in return for him. 

What do Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Tony Romo all have in common?

After watching another disappointing playoff game in which Dalton did little to nothing to help his team win I think it's time Bengals nation comes to the realization that Dalton will never be a Super Bowl champ. Anyone who watches enough football knows that some players have "it" and others do not, Dalton clearly doesn't have "it".

What is "it" you ask, the stuff champions are made of, that driving force that will allow a player to put a team on back and lead them to victory. Guys like Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Farve, Manning(both), Rothliesberger(can't believe I just typed that), and Brees have proven they have it. These are guys that play their best when the pressure and stakes are high. They don't shrink in the big moments that define a career, they shine. To assume that one day Dalton will just magically get better and develop that quality that it takes to lead a team to a Super Bowl is insanity to me.

People always ask who will replace the Great Andy Dalton, the man who has 40 wins in 4 seasons. I say RG3 would be a would be a more that suitable replacement. RG3 has all the tools to be a successful QB in the NFL and his skills set is a better fit for Hue's offense than Dalton as he can make a big play out of ordinary play and he can make every throw with accuracy. 

I've been accused of being irrational, retarded, an asshole in my defense of Andy Dalton.  Here's the deal, Dalton is one of the best 20 quarterbacks in the world - based on his talent, ability, and performance.  Colt McCoy, Brian Hoyer, and 99% of the other possible replacements for him aren't in the list of 15 or 20 quarterbacks that are better.

This will surprise most of you, but I'd love to see this happen.  Seriously.  Physically, RGIII can do things that nobody else can.  The locker room piece of this, in my mind, is immaterial.  A fresh start can be magical.  Griffin has enough upside that I think it's worth the risk.  You definitely run the risk of injury with RGIII, but it's only a matter of time before Dalton gets injured, too.  It's the nature of the business.  RGIII would come in with, essentially, two years of contract left.  If RGIII gets it together, he has the ability to be a transformational player - a Top 3 in the league type guy.  If you have a crack at trading for him, it's really no different than drafting a guy #1 overall.  He still has the same skillset as when he was drafted.  He hasn't been bad - simply hurt and, apparently - a diva.  Hue Jackson made Chad Johnson - a diva's diva - one of the best receivers on the planet.  I'd love to see him get a chance with RGIII.  I also think Ken Zampese is one of the best quarterback coaches in the business.  Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Dalton have all gotten ALOT out of their abilities under his tutelage.  Why wouldn't Robert Griffin III?

If the Redskins would take Dalton for RGIII straight up, I'd do it.  And wouldn't think twice.  

What do Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Tony Romo all have in common?

I've been accused of being irrational, retarded, an asshole in my defense of Andy Dalton.  Here's the deal, Dalton is one of the best 20 quarterbacks in the world - based on his talent, ability, and performance.  Colt McCoy, Brian Hoyer, and 99% of the other possible replacements for him aren't in the list of 15 or 20 quarterbacks that are better.

This will surprise most of you, but I'd love to see this happen.  Seriously.  Physically, RGIII can do things that nobody else can.  The locker room piece of this, in my mind, is immaterial.  A fresh start can be magical.  Griffin has enough upside that I think it's worth the risk.  You definitely run the risk of injury with RGIII, but it's only a matter of time before Dalton gets injured, too.  It's the nature of the business.  RGIII would come in with, essentially, two years of contract left.  If RGIII gets it together, he has the ability to be a transformational player - a Top 3 in the league type guy.  If you have a crack at trading for him, it's really no different than drafting a guy #1 overall.  He still has the same skillset as when he was drafted.  He hasn't been bad - simply hurt and, apparently - a diva.  Hue Jackson made Chad Johnson - a diva's diva - one of the best receivers on the planet.  I'd love to see him get a chance with RGIII.  I also think Ken Zampese is one of the best quarterback coaches in the business.  Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Dalton have all gotten ALOT out of their abilities under his tutelage.  Why wouldn't Robert Griffin III?

If the Redskins would take Dalton for RGIII straight up, I'd do it.  And wouldn't think twice.  

Ken Zampese is damn near worthless

I absolutely agree that RG3 is a better QB than Andy Dalton (and those saying otherwise should be laughed at) but the dude is ALWAYS hurt. 

Ken Zampese is damn near worthless

So Andy Dalton is underperforming?

Because if he is, he must have the physical ability to be the best quarterback in the league.

If Carson Palmer wasn't the best quarterback in football before he got hurt in 2006, he was pretty damn close.

Ryan Fitzpatrick spent two years under Zampese, left here, and signed a fat ass contract with the Bills.  Fitzpatrick may not owe that whole $59 million to Zampese, but Ken sure didn't hurt him.

What has Ken Zampese failed to do well enough over the last 12 years?

Archived