TE/H-back/FB Offseason

We have Eifert but another option would be important to find. We would be looking for a pass catcher that can block, something we already have in Gresham but it seems like the writing is on the wall for him leaving.

TE Eifert 2017 Brock 2014(2) Murphy R

Eifert is hopefully going to be a huge weapon. He has a career 42 catches and 3 this year before his elbow injury.

Hewitt was a nice surprise at H-back. Hobson says he is going to take the starting TE position. I don't really understand that. "It sure looks like Hewitt is going to replace Jermaine Gresham as the starting tight end after playing so well at H-Back this season. Hes a tremendous blocker in the running game and while he doesnt possess Greshams vertical threat, hes got good hands and is more sure-handed and reliable." I like Hewitt a lot and want him to get more snaps but why are we taking him away from something he was successful in? He had 10 total catches all year in 2014 but 5 in the playoff game.

Brock was an early season edition but ended up with just 5 catches. He is probably back for atleast camp as a restricted FA.

Murphy is coming off the practice squad. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jake%20-murphy?id=2543674

Gresham is a UFA and while I think he will be missed I am pretty sure he is gone. Lampham said he wouldn't bring him back for a dollar. He tends to be pretty rah rah for the the team so it would surprise me if he was wrong here. Gresham He had 62 catches this year and has 280 for his career. Those are solid numbers.

Smith is a UFA as well. He was on IR all year but was a solid role player in 2013.

The field looks decent with pass catchers but I am not sure about the blocker out there.

PTE
Owen Daniels-Ravens
Rob Housler-Cardinals
David Ausberry-Raiders
Jordan Cameron-Browns
Chase Coffman-Titans

BTE
Lance Kendricks-Rams
Luke Stocker-Bucs

Virgil Green-Broncos

Kendricks fits the bill but I remember him having a red flag for some reason.

Some draft possibilities
Jeff Heuerman-OSU
EJ Bibbs-Iowa St
Sam Arneson-Wisconsin
Nick Boyle-Delaware
Cameron Clear-Texas AnM
Mike McFarland-S Florida
Devin Mahina-BYU

If we move Hewitt, which I still contend is foolish, we will need to add a versatile Hback/fullback.
I am not sure who fits well there. John Conner is a Free Agent.

Archived