Fire Marvin Lewis crowd should be mindful of history

I refuse to be scared by the boogeyman of the pre-Marvin years to mean that we cannot do better than Marvin now. 

I couldn't open the article, but the title looked like it was alluding to the ridiculous argument that they are way better now than before Marvin took over so he is doing a great job.

My current job is better than my last job, but I've hit the pay ceiling. So I'm not going to look for a higher paying job because this job is better than my last one.

I couldn't open the article, but the title looked like it was alluding to the ridiculous argument that they are way better now than before Marvin took over so he is doing a great job.

My current job is better than my last job, but I've hit the pay ceiling. So I'm not going to look for a higher paying job because this job is better than my last one.

It kind of talks about when a new coach takes over a team that has made the playoffs the prior year, that the new coach leads the team to playoffs the next year at just above a 50% rate.

I will ask a parallel line question. It is not comparison.

I am a Colt fan. After this weekend, I will have seen my team be two-and-done for two consecutive seasons. I wonder if they will ever "get over the hump". I have a great young QB, but hit-and-miss most everywhere else. Still, I think that the "window" is small. Do I begin to think my HC just doesn't have it for the big prize? Should I expect "changes" to get this "fixed" before it's too late?

Or am I just full of shit?

From what I can tell Colts fans are more focused on building a supporting cast vs. coaching changes.   

Man this season was a waste, I rather us get a high round pick than to go one and done EVERY fucking year

You'll get bashed but there is merit.       Pittsburgh Steelers were stuck at a higher level but not championship year.    Sucked.    Ben landed in their lap and that was ticket to 2 Superbowls and 3 AFC Championships.

But it depends on the draft class if you get that lucky.   

You'll get bashed but there is merit.       Pittsburgh Stealers were stuck at a higher level but not championship year.    Sucked.    Ben landed in their lap and that was ticket to 2 Superbowls and 3 AFC Championships.

But it depends on the draft class if you get that lucky.   

Seriously fortunate. But they didn't tank the 2003 season just to get a chance at him. He was chosen 11th overall and 3 QB's were taken in front of him. They won 10 games in 2002, and 6 in 2003. They wanted to replace Tommy Maddox, who had been tossed in to replace Kordell Stewart. 

But for some to yearn for a tank simply at the hope of having these stars fall in their path, is really sad.  

Archived