Do we really know what we want as fans of the Bengals?

I've always wanted to attend an AFC Championship game with a rockin home crowd.   AFC Championship tailgate the whole works.

Then if fortune would have it see if I could chase them down and follow them to a Superbowl. 

Relating to Go's assessment: that seems like a reasonable break down. 

Explaining the hype and the feeling of the hype can only be explained if you lived through the 1988 season and the subsequent runs.   Then recreated when the Bengals beat the Chiefs and that continued through winning the division in 2005.

If you think about how consistent winners these past few teams have been then compare to 03-05 it's shameful.   03-05 had everything Burger King bobble heads, enquirer coins, special news segments.    1988 era was even more hype.       2011-2014, IMO, has been met with a collective yawn.

exactly..

that 03 KC game was magical.. there was similar excitement in 2009 with the cardiac cats thing, so many exciting comebacks, never felt out of a game.. exciting as fuck, even thought the playoffs were the same as the last few years, you knew you had no chance...

I kinda like it as is as weird as that might sound.They keep it exciting and they keep us on our toes. Winning a Superbowl may be a downer. Am I crazy?

Yes, you're crazy...

To expand ..what will keep you excited to remain a Bengal fan after they have won a championship?

rooting for another one!

Ohio State fans are rooting for another NC tonight, and they won one about 10 years or so ago...  winning just breeds winning.  you want more of it is all.  I'd love to win so much in the playoffs and get 2 SB wins to be able to get pissed at Marvin and Andy (or whomever is coach and QB) for losing in the AFC championship game or SB again...  I'd relish it!!!  Been a fan since I knew what football was - raised in it.  Dad's had season tickets since the Bengals still played at Nippert Stadium... yes, Nippert.  I think he's going on either 39 or 40 years.  Don't mark me on that exactly.

But, winning big one year isn't going to stop me from rooting for them to win big the next.

Yes, you're crazy...

rooting for another one!

Ohio State fans are rooting for another NC tonight, and they won one about 10 years or so ago...  winning just breeds winning.  you want more of it is all.  I'd love to win so much in the playoffs and get 2 SB wins to be able to get pissed at Marvin and Andy (or whomever is coach and QB) for losing in the AFC championship game or SB again...  I'd relish it!!!  Been a fan since I knew what football was - raised in it.  Dad's had season tickets since the Bengals still played at Nippert Stadium... yes, Nippert.  I think he's going on either 39 or 40 years.  Don't mark me on that exactly.

But, winning big one year isn't going to stop me from rooting for them to win big the next.

Exactly.  I do not feel the least bit deprived having witnessed the Reds and Ohio State win a championship.  I'll be rooting for them tonight just as much as I did in 2003, and I root for the Reds in the playoffs just like I did in 1990.  And if nothing else, if they don't succeed in moving on and playing for the chance to win another or don't win the championship, at least I can console myself with having seen it at least once before... 

Exactly.  I do not feel the least bit deprived having witnessed the Reds and Ohio State win a championship.  I'll be rooting for them tonight just as much as I did in 2003, and I root for the Reds in the playoffs just like I did in 1990.  And if nothing else, if they don't succeed in moving on and playing for the chance to win another or don't win the championship, at least I can console myself with having seen it at least once before...

I'm ready for another already!

Archived