Micheal Moore's take on American Sniper

MichaelWeston

[quote name="Jamie_B" post="1426594" timestamp="1421941959"]

Let's walk this back and see if you can keep up here.

Do you know what PTSD is? Have you ever seen the face of it first hand from someone who went to war? Do you understand that it is a brain injury that people experience from war? Do you understand that sociopathy is something that one suffers from as a result of a brain injury? Do you realize that you dont ever really "beat" a brain injury? Calling Chris Kyle a sociopath based on his behaviors is clinical.[/quot
e]

PTSD is not a result from just a physical brain injury. It's also a psychiatric disorder as Old pointed out. I have known people who have experienced it. Some in my own family. They've gotten help and gone on to live productive lives. Others sometimes don't. You can't put everyone with PTSD in a basket as you're trying to do.

If you dont think that's true you dont know many soldiers returning home from war.

I've read many of your posts in this forum and in others. You're condescending and have this sense of arrogance about you that you know everything about everyone. That's completely different from offering your opinion and having a sensible debate. How do you know that old or myself don't know soldiers coming home from war? How do you know we haven't been there ourselves? GTFOH.

If you dont think that's true you dont know many soldiers returning home from war.

I don't think it, I know it. And yes I know quite a few. 

OneHeartBeat pretty much echoed my thoughts in his last 2 posts.

So why keep the echo going if it is just being ignored ... 

[quote name="Jamie_B" post="1426594" timestamp="1421941959"]

Let's walk this back and see if you can keep up here.

Do you know what PTSD is? Have you ever seen the face of it first hand from someone who went to war? Do you understand that it is a brain injury that people experience from war? Do you understand that sociopathy is something that one suffers from as a result of a brain injury? Do you realize that you dont ever really "beat" a brain injury? Calling Chris Kyle a sociopath based on his behaviors is clinical.[/quot
e]

PTSD is not a result from just a physical brain injury. It's also a psychiatric disorder as Old pointed out. I have known people who have experienced it. Some in my own family. They've gotten help and gone on to live productive lives. Others sometimes don't. You can't put everyone with PTSD in a basket as you're trying to do.

I have family and friends that have and continue to suffer from it after the war, you can "get better" sure but you are never going to be the person you were before the war, it changes you.

I've read many of your posts in this forum and in others. You're condescending and have this sense of arrogance about you that you know everything about everyone. That's completely different from offering your opinion and having a sensible debate. How do you know that old or myself don't know soldiers coming home from war? How do you know we haven't been there ourselves? GTFOH.

Ok I'll play along, I know Old has not been there. Have you? Or are you just a chickenhawk too? (oops there I go being condescending again)

Ok I'll play along, I know Old has not been there. Have you? Or are you just a chickenhawk too? (oops there I go being condescending again)

*yawn* 

Make yourself look stupid and resort to trolling. 

Par for your course. 

But sure, yes I am a chickenhawk. Why not?

I just loves me some chicken.

I'm comfortable if chickenhawks think I look stupid, pretty ok with that.

Regardless the thread is taking a direction that has nothing to do with Kyle or the notion of this movie being propaganda.

That's great you feel that way. I am really happy for you. 

I think it is great than you have gotten used to looking stupid

and are OK with it.

Anyway just to recap, Chris Kyle = hero.

PTSD will never be brain damage that can't be recovered from.

And I am OK with the movie being called propaganda against Terrorist.

I respect him for his service.

But is he a hero. There are lots of people who go into the service who are gun toting a holes. Brave, sure. But still a holes. And there are tons and tons that are true heros who are incredible people who are the best of us. You dont get a free pass at being a hero for serving. 

That's great you feel that way. I am really happy for you. 

I think it is great than you have gotten used to looking stupid

and are OK with it.

Anyway just to recap, Chris Kyle = hero.

PTSD will never be brain damage that can't be recovered from.

And I am OK with the movie being called propaganda against Terrorist.

Stupid in your eyes. I'm comfortable with that.

Recap as you said Chris Kyle = not a hero, a proven in court liar, and someone who had some serious issues

Propaganda for chickenhawks to pound their chests to.

But is he a hero. There are lots of people who go into the service who are gun toting a holes. Brave, sure. But still a holes. And there are tons and tons that are true heros who are incredible people who are the best of us. You dont get a free pass at being a hero for serving. 

We will never know the exact impact of how many lives he saved because he smoked the perpetrators who had every intention of killing our troops. Is that not Hero type shit. Oh wait, hopefully that post isn't being "An Internet Tough Guy" like Jamie B post the last time. But it is Jamie B after all.  #whogivesafuck

I think I said this in the trailer thread, but I read his book and it was just ok.  There are better stories, including about the SEAL teams in Iraq.  It was an ok read and yes the xenophobia/brainwashing or whatever you prefer to call it was readily apparent. And yes, that's probably to be expected from someone that spent an extended amount of time in a kill-or-be-killed warzone situation.

So if you're looking for nuance or insight or understanding, the bigger picture or a deep look into foreign policy or just people at war.. Then there are better books and probably better movies too (Restrepo).

If you're wanting to know what a military sniper thinks, then it's a good book/movie.

Guess what? Their thinking is a little bit fucked up and twisted. Haven't seen the movie yet but I have to wonder about anyone taking his story as some sort of patriotic rah-rah shit.  It's just sad IMHO.

Really...

North_face_south_tower_after_plane_strik

Oh, run the fuck along with your childish jingoistic wrap-my-ignorance-in-the-flag bullshit.  Or did we invade Saudi Arabia overnight and I didn't get the news yet? Excuse me but I'm a little weary at this point with simpleminded people justifying every single fucked-up thing our country has done for the last decade and a half with "9/11! Nevar furgit!"   Like the torture, renditions, warrantless wiretaps and bulk surveillance, out-of-control police state and having your balls groped on a fuckin Dayton-to-Chicago redeye are all just totally cool because some fanatical dickheads flew some planes into some buildings that one time.

Oh, run the fuck along with your childish jingoistic wrap-my-ignorance-in-the-flag bullshit.  Or did we invade Saudi Arabia overnight and I didn't get the news yet? Excuse me but I'm a little weary at this point with simpleminded people justifying every single fucked-up thing our country has done for the last decade and a half with "9/11! Nevar furgit!"   Like the torture, renditions, warrantless wiretaps and bulk surveillance, out-of-control police state and having your balls groped on a fuckin Dayton-to-Chicago redeye are all just totally cool because some fanatical dickheads flew some planes into some buildings that one time.

YEah, but Andy Dalton!

YEah, but Andy Dalton!

You make an excellent point and I retract all of my previous statements not only in this thread or on this message board, but throughout my life entirely. I don't even know what's true anymore, other than that Andy Dalton is just the worst thing ever. Nevar furgit!

If you think we're so fucked up, why not just move somewhere better? Do you know of such a place? Please enlighten me.

Archived