Micheal Moore's take on American Sniper

MichaelWeston

If you think we're so fucked up, why not just move somewhere better? Do you know of such a place? Please enlighten me.

Depends for what you are looking:

Better bridges and roads?

Better electrical grid infrastructure?

Better water supply infrastructure?

Better technological infrastructure? 

Better healthcare?

Better quality of life?

Better/longer life expectancy?

Better childhood/newborn life expectancy?

Better childhood education?

Better retirement environment?

Better public transportation?

Lower violent death rate?

Pick one and I can put together a rather lengthy list for your perusal. Like many (most?) Americans, you suffer an acute case of ethnocentrism and live under the delusion of American Exceptionalism.  There are some great things about this country, and it has the potential for more greatness if its myopic, lazy citizenry would get off their duffs, turn off American Idol, and actually take responsibility for making positive change.  However, until that happens this country will continue to have some serious fucking issues and it is far from being "The Greatest Country In The World!!!".

If you think we're so fucked up, why not just move somewhere better? Do you know of such a place? Please enlighten me.

Oh Jesus this "love it or leave it" stuff is so f'ing stupid. This kind of blind patriotism leads us to never being able to be critical of bad policy. Christ.

Well that would be because, at least at my better moments, I'd like to think I am contributing in some small way to solutions, rather than blaming Sharia Law or whatever other convenient boogeyman is propped up in front of me for my Daily Hate.

I guess I prefer that to standing knee-deep in my own shit & saying anyone who complains about the smell isn't patriotic.

Well that would be because, at least at my better moments, I'd like to think I am contributing in some small way to solutions, rather than blaming Sharia Law or whatever other convenient boogeyman is propped up in front of me for my Daily Hate.

I guess I prefer that to standing knee-deep in my own shit & saying anyone who complains about the smell isn't patriotic.

Analogy win... 

Sorry to say you're wasting your time, OneHeartBeat. We live in a time where just saying you're patriotic leaves you subject to ridicule from a much too large segment of the country. Saul Alinsky has won, or at least is winning.

So does this heartfelt, grand patriotism of yours extend to, say, supporting the duly elected President?  What is it ok to question, if our wars and how we fight them are off-limits? What you seem to be describing is a totally different brand of -ism.

That's about all i can do when I read some of the spooge in this forum. I respect their views, and they are certainly entitled to have those views; however, I just think....oh fuck it, it's not worth it.

I don't respect their views, but yeah, they are entitled to them. I don't argue anymore though, just shake my head and laugh.

I don't respect their views, but yeah, they are entitled to them. I don't argue anymore though, just shake my head and laugh.

LOL yeh, and make sure you post in the thread about it repeatedly so everyone can see how much you don't care.. 

:29:

That's about all i can do when I read some of the spooge in this forum. I respect their views, and they are certainly entitled to have those views; however, I just think....oh fuck it, it's not worth it.

It's hard to argue with facts and truth, but I guess lol'ing is a good response. It's to be expected from anyone who really thinks that invading Iraq and killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens was an appropriate response to 9/11. A Saudi prince that lives in Afghanistan claims responsibility for bombing our country and we invade Iraq after lying about our reasons to go to war, yeah that all seems justifiable. 

As far as this "hero" Kyle what his face...he's a liar and psycho....Very ironic that this guy was killed by another American Sniper instead of the savages whose country he invaded under false pretense. 

In 2014, wrestler-turned-politician Jesse Ventura won over $1.8m (£1.2m) in damages from Kyle’s estate after a jury decided he had been defamed. Kyle claimed he had punched Ventura in a bar after Ventura said navy Seals “deserved to lose some” for their actions in Iraq. Ventura said he had never even met Kyle. In a separate case, Kyle told a writer he had shot and killed two armed men who attempted to carjack him in Dallas. Reporters were unable to confirm this with county sheriffs and medical examiners, all of whom insisted no such incident had ever taken place. Kyle further claimed that he and another sniper had sat on top of the Superdome in New Orleans during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and killed 30 armed civilians he thought were making trouble. Again, this story could not be confirmed by any of the relevant authorities.

Clint Eastwood has been making propaganda in which white guys shoot people of color because they feel justified for over 40 years, so this is just another notch in his belt. From his spaghetti Westerns, to his Dirty Harry bullshit, to this crap nothing as really changed that much. 

Kyle further claimed that he and another sniper had sat on top of the Superdome in New Orleans during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and killed 30 armed civilians he thought were making trouble

I guess that part had been removed from the e-version of the book along with the Ventura stuff, but from what I recall there was live coverage of the Superdome and the damaged roof more or less constantly for a good while.  I'd imagine a team of vigilante snipers murdering people would not have escaped notice.

Archived