Mayor in Paris, France plans on suing FOX News

Go Skins

Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo told CNN Tuesday she intends to sue Fox News in the wake of the channel's coverage of supposed "no-go zones" for non-Muslims.

Hidalgo said the channel had "insulted" her city.

"When we're insulted, and when we've had an image, then I think we'll have to sue, I think we'll have to go to court, in order to have these words removed," Hidalgo told CNN's Christiane Amanpour. "The image of Paris has been prejudiced, and the honor of Paris has been prejudiced."

Amanpour's full interview will be televised on Tuesday afternoon.

Fox News representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Hidalgo's remarks came after a series of Fox segments suggested there are parts of Paris and other European cities where Islamic law is practiced and where police are fearful to work. The segments were widely mocked and challenged as inaccurate, particularly by French media outlets.

Some critics have accused the network of using the controversial "no-go zones" idea to perpetuate a fearful narrative about Muslims, particularly in the days since terror attacks in Paris.

"Fox & Friends," for example, displayed an apparent map of the "no-go zones" in and around Paris. On another show, a guest who was identified as a security expert claimed that Birmingham, England is a "totally Muslim city where non-Muslims don't go in."

a guest who was identified as a security expert claimed that Birmingham, England is a "totally Muslim city where non-Muslims don't go in."

I wonder how much that gig pays? I could probably think of all kinds of random headlines and other bullshit guaranteed to scare the fuck out of the average Fox news drone, like 'GAY PEOPLE ENJOYING BASEBALL!" or "NONWHITE PERSON OWNS A GUN!"

Seems like an easy gig. Too bad I'm not a lying, seditious rancid bag of shit, I guess.

Archived