Should we try to trade Dunn?

GoBengals

Guest oldschooler
he seems to either hit a home run or strike out looking.... also seems to be alot more of the 2nd...

i think we could get a decent pitcher or two for him...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dunn set a record for strikeouts with 195 !!!!!

He had 46 homers though.

Not bad considering all the strikeouts and

he had no1 batting behind him.

Anyway I think they should keep him.

I would like to see our outfielders be

Dunn Griffey Pena.....with Kearns being

moved to 3rd and/or the 4th outfielder.

Dump Larson and move Kearns !!!!

Guest BengalsOwn

I read something on www.redszone.com about how Dunn was more productive offensively than Casey. I forget what all factored into the statement, but it made a lot of sense. I don't worry about the strikeouts too much. Just imagine having a healthy Griffey for a full season (is this possible?), and a healthy Kearns for a full season (again, is this possible?). That gives us 3 guys who have the potential to hit AT LEAST 30+ homeruns a year, and it gives us Sean Casey with the potential to have a batting average of .310+. All we need is 10-15 million dollars added to the budget for pitching, and we will be a world series contender. I don't understand why Lindner who is a billionare can't afford 15 million more per year. The investment will pay off if we have a serious contender, because fans will be packing Great America Ball Park.

10-15 million for Carl Lindner is like $1000-$1500 for us. I wouldn't have a problem spending a little extra to get more in return.

Guest bengalrick

dunn does either strike out or hit a homer... but to get the homerun record, you have to be producing at the same time... considering he has only been playing baseball full time for about 4-5 years, he is only going to be getting better...

he has an unbelievable eye, but if he were a little better at being aggressive, he would be alright... remember, Bonds struggled massively w/ SO's early in his career, but overcame it now... i keep Dunn and sign him longterm

If they should dump anyone it should be Junior.

Honestly, I hate to see the guy getting injured as frequently as he has been. But the only way that he can make his career last longer will be to go to the American League and become a DH.

So the Reds might as well trade him now, since Larkin is gone as well.

But the bad thing about it is, the Reds will trade him for some minor league prospects and no one of real value.

Guest BengalsOwn
I dont think, well at least i hope were not stupid enough to trade dunn for a couple no name pictures.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It'll happen. No name pitchers are cheaper :lol:

If they should dump anyone it should be Junior.

Honestly, I hate to see the guy getting injured as frequently as he has been.  But the only way that he can make his career last longer will be to go to the American League and become a DH.

So the Reds might as well trade him now, since Larkin is gone as well. 

But the bad thing about it is, the Reds will trade him for some minor league prospects and no one of real value.

but that's because due to serious injury problems, he HAS no trade value!

but that's because due to serious injury problems, he HAS no trade value!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Junior will not have trade value because of his high salary, not because of his injuries.

If he was traded to the American League, where he could just be a DH, he would save the wear and tear on his body.

Pretty much all of his injuries occured while fielding balls, not while batting.

Archived