Since the Patriots have been caught cheating, again...

I'm kinda embarassed for the sport that something like this is a critical discussion.    Colts and Pats played twice.   Pats smoked them twice.

I'm sorry, but what immediately came to mind was the 81 San Diego Charger crying about cold weather and the Freezer Bowl being played and everyone forgetting the Bengals whooped the Chargers eariler that year in San Diego.

I just don't think 2lbs of air pressure in 11 of 12 balls makes that much difference to excuse the defeats.

Take away cap room or draft picks.  

I wasn't aware that each team used it's own set of footballs for a game.  I thought there was a "game set" that was cycled between the teams.   If it is the later, it isn't even an issue as both teams would play with same set.   But if it's the former, 2 lbs of pressure in a bladder designed for 13 is a BIG difference that I could see being a huge advantage to holding, carrying, and catching in cold or wet weather.  So if there isn't a "common game set" of footballs, InflateGate should have some HUGE penalties.  Brady even mentioned on national radio a few years ago--can't remember if ESPN or what--that he liked a less inflated ball much better.

Fines, draft picks, suspensions, hell, I could even see a forfeit on the table.

I'm kinda embarassed for the sport that something like this is a critical discussion.    Colts and Pats played twice.   Pats smoked them twice.

I'm sorry, but what immediately came to mind was the 81 San Diego Charger crying about cold weather and the Freezer Bowl being played and everyone forgetting the Bengals whooped the Chargers eariler that year in San Diego.

I just don't think 2lbs of air pressure in 11 of 12 balls makes that much difference to excuse the defeats.

Take away cap room or draft picks.  

yep.  ridiculous.

Ban the coach for a year....

1/2  :ninja:

Sean Peyton was banned for a year.  Bellicheat is a repeat offender.....ban his sorry ass.

Even so if true, they both played with the same ball so how is there an advantage anyway. Its not like each team played with separate balls.Guess I'm stupid. Shrugs.

Not true.  The Patriots supply their own (illegal)  ball for offense as did the Colts.  Brady was using a non legal (intentionally) ball on offense.

[quote name="SF2" post="1426270" timestamp="1421861198"]

Sean Peyton was banned for a year.  Bellicheat is a repeat offender.....ban him sorry ass.

Not true.  The Patriots supply their own (illegal)  ball for offense as did the Colts.  Brady was using a non legal (intentionally) ball on offense.[/quote

]

Thanks for the info SF , but that confuses me even morem

Even so if true, they both played with the same ball so how is there an advantage anyway. Its not like each team played with separate balls.Guess I'm stupid. Shrugs.

No they didn't play with the same balls.  Each team plays with the balls they provide, that's why the defense noticed the difference when they got the interceptions.

No they didn't play with the same balls.  Each team plays with the balls they provide, that's why the defense noticed the difference when they got the interceptions.

Even more important, the balls were certified BEFORE the game by the officials and returned to the sidelines. At this point the air pressure was reduced which is a clear violation.

SF is fucking around. That makes 0 sense.

Yes they do. Each team provides 12 balls they will use during their turn on offense. The balls are checked by the officials and returned to the team immediately prior to the game.

If it didn't make a difference why do it?

It's cheating. 100%. That's why we have rules. Belicheck, repeat offender, should be banned for a year (Payton) and the Pats lose their picks for a bit.

Yes the Colts probably wouldn't have won. But that's not the point. Break the rules, get punished.

Another thing to consider: According to the Scott Van Pelt show, they caught this at halftime of the game and the Patriots used fully inflated balls for the whole 2nd half. So they outscored the Colts 17-7 with deflated balls and 28-0 with the fully inflated balls. The idea of making them forfeit the game or that it gave them some huge advantages is clearly ludicrous.

If it didn't make a difference why do it?

It's cheating. 100%. That's why we have rules. Belicheck, repeat offender, should be banned for a year (Payton) and the Pats lose their picks for a bit.

Yes the Colts probably wouldn't have won. But that's not the point. Break the rules, get punished.

The bounty issue with the Saints had nothing to do with them winning games either yet they had the hammer dropped on them to include coaches AND players being suspended for long periods of time.

Archived