FREE AGENT WATCH 2015: BACK TO THE FUTURE

Oh you the mean the team that annually goes to the AFC Championship game just won their 4 Super Bowl in 15 years...yeah wtf do they know about how to run a successful NFL franchise...obviously MB can't learn anything from those guys on how to run a championship caliber franchise.

Dude? 4peat

Find me one post where I proposed the Bengals should take Mettenberger.  You can't.  I wanted a RB in Rd 2 and liked Hyde from watching so many OSU games.  You can't make shit up and argue against it like you just did.  Doesn't work that way.  And there is medication for that I believe.

Oh, you fucking did and yes he fucking can.

Oh you the mean the team that annually goes to the AFC Championship game just won their 4 Super Bowl in 15 years...yeah wtf do they know about how to run a successful NFL franchise...obviously MB can't learn anything from those guys on how to run a championship caliber franchise.

No, I'm comparing a team that is over the cap with an aging lineman that is costing them 8.5 mill against said cap, compared to a team that is 30 mill UNDER the cap with a lineman that cost them 3.  I understand that that doesn't fit in your diatribe based on your hatred of all things Bengals FO, but the comparison has no validity.  Do you think they would be cutting Wilfork if they were 30 mill under? 

You can't make shit up and argue against it like you just did.  Doesn't work that way.   

Actually it does work that way around here and you're proof of it.

You claimed I didn't want any upgrade at RB, but I remind you again how I was probably the first guy on this messageboard to take a seat on the Gio Bernard bandwagon.

To be fair, you could have honestly said that I didn't want to burn a 2nd round pick on a RB two years in a row, but lets face it....that's not even remotely close to what you claimed when you were making shit up.

I wanted a RB in Rd 2 and liked Hyde from watching so many OSU games.    

So there are at least two players you wanted in the 2nd round more than Hill, Hyde and Mettenberger, yet now a year later you're going to brag you wanted Hill all along?

Yeah, that sounds like you.

FWIW I argued DE was a far greater need than RB and as a result I liked DE in Rd2. Specifically, Kony Ealy at #53. 

The Bengals preferred the RB over the DE and the end results were reflected at both position as Hill became a breakout player while the Bengals sack totals fell to just 20.  

You can't have everything, right?

Meanwhile, Carolina drafted my boy Kony Ealy a few spots after Cincy picked Hill.

Ealy played less than 90 snaps all season but still managed to produce as many sacks as the man he would have replaced managed to produce in 16 games. (Yet another reminder how MJ is the BJGE of DE's)

In fact, Ealy had the highest sack rate per downs played of any DE drafted last year.

Find me one post where I proposed the Bengals should take Mettenberger.  You can't.

I wouldn't waste my time trying to find something you wrote yesterday, nevermind a year ago.

Besides, plenty of people heard the way you pimped Mettenberger.

In fact, when you finally answered demands that you "give a name" the name you picked was Mettenberger.

Ha.

Actually it does work that way around here and you're proof of it.

You claimed I didn't want any upgrade at RB, but I remind you again how I was probably the first guy on this messageboard to take a seat on the Gio Bernard bandwagon.

To be fair, you could have honestly said that I didn't want to burn a 2nd round pick on a RB two years in a row, but lets face it....that's not even remotely close to what you claimed when you were making shit up.

So there are at least two players you wanted in the 2nd round more than Hill, Hyde and Mettenberger, yet now a year later you're going to brag you wanted Hill all along?

Yeah, that sounds like you.

FWIW I argued DE was a far greater need than RB and as a result I liked DE in Rd2. Specifically, Kony Ealy at #53. 

The Bengals preferred the RB over the DE and the end results were reflected at both position as Hill became a breakout player while the Bengals sack totals fell to just 20.  

You can't have everything, right?

Meanwhile, Carolina drafted my boy Kony Ealy a few spots after Cincy picked Hill.

Ealy played less than 90 snaps all season but still managed to produce as many sacks as the man he would have replaced managed to produce in 16 games. (Yet another reminder how MJ is the BJGE of DE's)

In fact, Ealy had the highest sack rate per downs played of any DE drafted last year.

I wouldn't waste my time trying to find something you wrote yesterday, nevermind a year ago.

Besides, plenty of people heard the way you pimped Mettenberger.

In fact, when you finally answered demands that you "give a name" the name you picked was Mettenberger.

Ha.

You have a vivid imagination.  Again, I dare you to find ONCE where I wanted Mettenberger.  You can't.  Repeating something over and over in your head doesn't make it true.  I would suggest a psychiatrist.  My buddy is a pretty good one, I can refer you if you'd like. 

And now you're changing your view on BJGE.......you know, the guy you said didn't need upgrade, and that we were fine with him.  Come on dude, own it.  Don't bitch out on your views.  I've been wrong plenty of times.....if I had wanted Mettenberger, I'd admit it and say it was a serious fuck up on my part.  You on the other hand, deny deny and repeat a lie.  Doesn't change any reality aside from the one you've created in your head.  

I wanted Mettenberger.    My buddy  

plenty of times.....I had wanted Mettenberger, I admit it

Found it again!   Burn Motherfucker.    All those internet trophies you won back in the day mean nothing.   You gots to bring it everyday, son!

We should honestly just close this thread. 5 million on Maualuga. 2.5 on fucking Lamur. How much is Vinny getting? The team probably thinks Leon is a good guy and deserves a chance to prove himself or some silly shut.

It's so frusterating man.

No, I'm comparing a team that is over the cap with an aging lineman that is costing them 8.5 mill against said cap, compared to a team that is 30 mill UNDER the cap with a lineman that cost them 3.  I understand that that doesn't fit in your diatribe based on your hatred of all things Bengals FO, but the comparison has no validity.  Do you think they would be cutting Wilfork if they were 30 mill under? 

You realize that the Belicheck run Pats have a long history of cutting big name vets when he feels like they can get a younger/cheaper option, Ty Law, Willie McGinnest, Lawyer Milloy, Wes Welker, Adam Vinatari etc...they even asked the face of their franchise Tom Brady to take a pay cut and he did..but asking Leon Hall to do the same is unnecessary because we've got the cap room. If Leon Hall played for a franchise that actually did everything they could every year to win a Super Bowl he would be asked to restructure or be cut, but he plays for the Bengals where they value loyalty over production. 

Speaking of having 30+ million in cap space what good is having cap space if you don't USE IT to help you win a championship, you don't get trophies for being frugal when your competition is spending money and winning!!!! I would much rather be up against the cap every year than have 30 million in unused cap space and can't win a playoff game. Why would you want to keep resigning players that can't get it done when it matters, that's insane. 

Archived