FREE AGENT WATCH 2015: BACK TO THE FUTURE

Hasn't Lofton missed a good chunk of games? Maybe he's just one of those guys that's always on the injury report, can't remember.

Lofton has never missed a game in 8 years. 

He's missed quite a few tackles though, which is the knock on him.

Im warming up to this offseason

Sure things

TE-Fasano

G-Boling

DE-Micheal Johnson

LB-AJ Hawk

LOL. I think you're trying to talk yourself into feeling better, but I'd say those guys are far things from sure things, and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't end up with a single one.

Sure things

TE-Fasano

G-Boling

DE-Micheal Johnson

LB-AJ Hawk

Players I would like but doubt we get

QB McCoy-Austin Davis-Locker-Yates

DE Sheard

LB Bruce Carter

LB Curtis Lofton

You get me the top 4, a QB, And one of the LBs, everything else is gravy.

No. 1, we're not even sure Michael Johnson will be available. Personally, I don't think he will be. Secondly, how in the heck does that offseason improve this team from 2013, 2014? Essentially, you're adding a blocking TE and a washed-up, injured AJ Hawk. How is that going to get them over the hump?

Sure things

TE-Fasano

G-Boling

DE-Micheal Johnson

LB-AJ Hawk

DE Sheard

LB Bruce Carter

LB Curtis Lofton

Boling is gone, the Bengals aren't going to out bid any team for a FA services...I can see the Bengals signing Fasano because he's old and washed up, the big splash players we always add to help us get over the hump...AJ Hawk has no one else trying to sign him so I wouldn't doubt if he signs with us because he has no other options other than retire. 

As for those QB's you mentioned...lol..the last thing they want to is upset Dalton and actually give him some real competition..he has his new BFF in Cooter, Marvin doesn't want Andy to actually have compete for his position that would be too much for Andy to handle. 

Sheard would be ok, but he's a situational pass rusher that doesn't play the run well. If another team goes after him hard I can see them outbidding the Bengals easily.  

I could see MJ coming back because he actually wants to be in Cincinnati and he ruined his big chance in FA by being a bust after getting his big pay day. 

Lofton definitely isn't coming here and Carter is coming off a major injury...no thanks. 

Sure things

TE-Fasano

G-Boling

DE-Micheal Johnson

LB-AJ Hawk

DE Sheard

LB Bruce Carter

LB Curtis Lofton

Sure things!?  Boling can walk in my opinion.  We have 3 other more important players on the

OL that are FA's next year.  Whitworth, Smith and Zeitler.

Hawk would be nice depth maybe but only if he's cheap.

MJ I'd take back but once again on the cheap.  I stated in another thread I'd take him

back at around $7 million a year.  Probably was drinking and jumped the shark.

Fasano would be a nice addition.  

If we don't make a serious run at Hardy, I'd settle for Sheard I guess but not crazy money.

Lofton I'd take in a heartbeat if we didn't already resign Maualuga.  Even still I'd see what

kind of money it'd take to sign him.  Possibly move Maualuga over to SLB and put Lofton

at MLB.  

No. 1, we're not even sure Michael Johnson will be available. Personally, I don't think he will be. Secondly, how in the heck does that offseason improve this team from 2013, 2014? Essentially, you're adding a blocking TE and a washed-up, injured AJ Hawk. How is that going to get them over the hump?

I don't think he ever claimed it would. It's a realistic scenario based on past FA history.

Lofton has never missed a game in 8 years. 

He's missed quite a few tackles though, which is the knock on him.

LOL. I think you're trying to talk yourself into feeling better, but I'd say those guys are far things from sure things, and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't end up with a single one.

True

Boling is gone, the Bengals aren't going to out bid any team for a FA services...I can see the Bengals signing Fasano because he's old and washed up, the big splash players we always add to help us get over the hump...AJ Hawk has no one else trying to sign him so I wouldn't doubt if he signs with us because he has no other options other than retire. 

As for those QB's you mentioned...lol..the last thing they want to is upset Dalton and actually give him some real competition..he has his new BFF in Cooter, Marvin doesn't want Andy to actually have compete for his position that would be too much for Andy to handle. 

Sheard would be ok, but he's a situational pass rusher that doesn't play the run well. If another team goes after him hard I can see them outbidding the Bengals easily.  

I could see MJ coming back because he actually wants to be in Cincinnati and he ruined his big chance in FA by being a bust after getting his big pay day. 

Lofton definitely isn't coming here and Carter is coming off a major injury...no thanks. 

Carter played in 28 of his last 32 games and had a broken finger this year. He had 35 tackles 5 for loss over his last 5 games.

The long term Guard scenario that probably makes the most sense is Whitworth there next year and we draft the starting LT for 2016 this year. It doesn't make a tone of sense to pay Boling if we would rather have Whit start there next year. So who starts at LG in 2015 if we allow him to walk? 

The long term Guard scenario that probably makes the most sense is Whitworth there next year and we draft the starting LT for 2016 this year. It doesn't make a tone of sense to pay Boling if we would rather have Whit start there next year. So who starts at LG in 2015 if we allow him to walk? 

I would guess Trey Hopkins.....unless they sign a FA or draft someone.

Would you guys be open to the idea of signing Brian Orakpo? He's a legitimate player. Not an all star but he's a solid starter at the least when healthy.

He's a lot more than a "solid starter" when he's healthy. He's a three-time Pro Bowler.

The problem is injuries. He missed, essentially, 2 of the last 3 seasons.

I said in another thread that I'm all in. Brian Orakpo's got enough upside that I'd be willing to hope he's sorted out his conditioning and can stay healthy.

Here is what I have laid out now.

FA Signings
QB Colt McCoy
WR Leonard Hankerson
TE Anthony Fasano
LG/LT Jake Long
DE Micheal Johnson
LB AJ Hawk
LB Bruce Carter

Draft
Rd 1-2 Tackle
Rd 1-3 DT
Rd 3+ WR
Rd 3+ S
Rd 4+ TE
Rd 4+ DE

QB Dalton 2020 McCoy 2-4M McCarron 2017 UDFA
RB Hill 2017 Bernard 2016 Burkhead 2016 Peerman R2015 Wilder 2015 UDFA
FB
HB Hewitt 2016 UDFA
WR Green 2015 Hamilton 2015 Hankerson Min UDFA
WR Sanu 2015 Wright 2017 Ward R UDFA
WR Jones 2015 Rd 3+ 2015 Reese R UDFA
TE Eifert 2017 Fasano 2-6M Rd 4+ 2015 Brock 2015 Murphy R
LT Whitworth 2015 Rd 1-2 2015 UDFA
LG Long 1-3M Hopkins 2016
C Bodine 2017 Johnson 2015 UDFA
RG Zeitler 2016€ Hawkinson 2016 UDFA
RT Smith 2015 Winston R2015 France R

K Nugent 2016 UDFA
P Huber 2017
LS Harris 2017 UDFA

LE Dunlap 2018 Hunt 2016 Clarke 2017 UDFA
LT Peko 2016 Thompson 2015 Geathers 1
RT Atkins 2018 Rd 1-3 2015 Still 2014(3) UDFA
RE Johnson 3-12M Gilberry 2015 Rd 4+ 2015 Montgomery
SLB Maualuga 2017 Rey 2015 Dimanche 2015 Porter 2016 Carter 2015
MLB Hawk 2-5M Burfict 2017 Johnson 2015 Fort R
WLB Carter 3-10M Lamur 2014(3) Flowers 2017
S IIoka 2015 Williams 2016 Keo 2015 UDFA
S Nelson 2015 Rd 3+ 2015 UDFA
CB Dennard 2017 Jones 2015 Hall R2015 Lewis-Harris 2014(2)
CB Kirkpatrick 2016€ Newman R2015 McCalebb 1 UDFA

He's a lot more than a "solid starter" when he's healthy. He's a three-time Pro Bowler.

The problem is injuries. He missed, essentially, 2 of the last 3 seasons.

I said in another thread that I'm all in. Brian Orakpo's got enough upside that I'd be willing to hope he's sorted out his conditioning and can stay healthy.

Definitely. I just didn't wanna overhype the potential addition. It has been the same type of injury either 2 or 3 seasons now with his triceps. Not sure if it's the same one, but it is troubling.

Haven't heard many rumbles about him. But if he was able to come here and Taze made a full recovery...

Definitely. I just didn't wanna overhype the potential addition. It has been the same type of injury either 2 or 3 seasons now with his triceps. Not sure if it's the same one, but it is troubling.

Haven't heard many rumbles about him. But if he was able to come here and Taze made a full recovery...

If the Bengals signed Orakpo, I'm sure it would be to play more DE than OLB.

The injuries have been his pecs. He's torn them both (and the left one twice). I saw him on NFLN the other day talking about changing his conditioning to focus on flexibility. I hope it works out for him. He's a helluva player.

He's one of those guys that may float around out there for a while. It's hard to imagine anyone throwing a huge deal at him. We'll see...

Good for him. Happy to see players who started here get some success. Gotta think in all sports some guys with potential just never got a full shot. Happy he caught on elsewhere.

Jags are throwing money the fuck around. That's not really too much to pay a starting lb too

Orakpo will be a Cowboy or a Texan if he's not back with the Deadskins from what

I've been hearing/reading.   He was on NFL Network yesterday or the day before

saying he's been a fan of the Oilers/Texans since he was a kid.  I think he's originally

from Houston.  

Stranger things have happened though.  In my opinion he'd be the strong side linebacker

in our system no?  6' 3" 255 lbs.  Could probably slide down to DE in obvious passing

situations I guess.  

Archived