Texas Public Schools offer Bible Study

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Ben' date='Aug 2 2005, 12:30 AM']o.k. now I'm being serious here, so no flames from either side.  As a christian, what value add does bible study at your educational institute add, that your church does not provide?
[right][post="122832"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Dont go to curch but i take theology at school!

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Aug 2 2005, 09:06 AM']Dont go to curch but i take theology at school!
[right][post="123005"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Theology isnt the same thing as Bible Study though. You cover more than just one guys opinion of the spirit in the sky right?

Why is it that every time I visit this board, BJ has something negative posted about christianity? You are CONSTANTLY bashing many people's beliefs. It's as if you are attempting to 'convert' christians or trying to bamboozle others into accepting and/or providing justification for YOUR beliefs.

You have your beliefs as others have theirs, but you sound really, really angry and hateful. Lighten up, love. Doesn't anything else about this planet we inhabit bother you?....famine, Aids epidemic, Hollywood, [i]anything[/i]?

And anyway, if it's an elective class, why do you care?

[quote name='kitkat' date='Aug 2 2005, 05:21 PM']Why is it that every time  I visit this board, BJ has something negative posted about christianity? You are CONSTANTLY bashing many people's beliefs. It's as if you are attempting to 'convert' christians or trying to bamboozle others into accepting and/or providing justification for YOUR beliefs.

You have your beliefs as others have theirs, but you sound really, really angry and hateful.  Lighten up, love. Doesn't anything else about this planet we inhabit bother you?....famine, Aids epidemic, Hollywood, [i]anything[/i]?

And anyway, if it's an elective class, why do you care?
[right][post="123243"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You should visit us more often Kitkat, your opinion is always welcome. BJ on many occasion talks about other things that bothers him as well.... his hatred of Bush, issues in Africa being the other two of the big three, his hatred of organized religion (not just Christianity, but predominantly) is just one of the "big three". [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Personally the religion thing to me is a dead horse, he isn’t going to convince me otherwise, nor I him... but I don’t mind talking the others with him.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Aug 2 2005, 03:31 PM'][b]Personally the religion thing to me is a dead horse, he isn’t going to convince me otherwise, nor I him... [/b]
[right][post="123247"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://www.csupomona.edu/~jcwillner/images/dead_horse.jpg[/img]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Lighten up, love. Doesn't anything else about this planet we inhabit bother you?....famine, Aids epidemic, anything?[/quote]

[i][b]KitKat You just mentioned some of the Pirmary things that I talk about..... I bring up Famine alot and Africa is an area dear to me because I lived there and witnessed their struggles. Your opinion is welcome (and if you are a Christian) I would love for a devout believer to get on here and discuss with us... But your comment about me is uninformed. [/b][/i]

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Aug 2 2005, 06:46 PM'][img]http://www.csupomona.edu/~jcwillner/images/dead_horse.jpg[/img]
[right][post="123265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Seems like these religion threads always seem to go this way doesn't it?

Archived