Another unarmed man shot and killed

big_dish

This also might have something to do with the lack of outrage...

It happened here:

attachicon.gifbrazil.png

Good point, I couldnt find anything that said where it was.... but lets be honest- if it was in America there wouldnt be any outrage because there wouldnt be anyone to manufacture it.

OK, so it happened in Brazil. No protests in America.

I posted this because it was a clear video of an unarmed man being shot, and I want to see who still believes that a human should allow another human to kill him- even after seeing the situation clear as day.

Was this guy justified in shooting the attacker?

http://Killedbypolice.net  1100 cop kills 2014 highest ever 20 to 1 minorities to whites 50% mentally ill 40% unarmed

I'm not asking for a racial conversation- I am asking if this guy was right by defending himself with his gun.

(and, that link is inconsequential. Unless there are stats of people who are simply minding their own business and do not initiate nor aggravate a police confrontation being killed, none of it matters one bit)

I have edited the first sentence out of the initial post to keep this on track (sentence was: Leave your outrage comments below, and post links to the riots and protests so we can all attend them.)

I want to know who thinks this guard should have not shot this man- now that you see real life in video..

I'm not asking for a racial conversation- I am asking if this guy was right by defending himself with his gun.

(and, that link is inconsequential. Unless there are stats of people who are simply minding their own business and do not initiate nor aggravate a police confrontation being killed, none of it matters one bit)

It's a loaded question. Of course he has a right. 

Of course it matters and is very consequential. People are being killed by people we pay to protect us.

It's a loaded question. Of course he has a right. 

Of course it matters and is very consequential. People are being killed by people we pay to protect us.

But the people we pay to protect us have no right to protect themselves? Or other innocent people?

Those numbers don't matter because there is no context in the manner of which the people died, or the circumstances that led to their deaths. But I guess knowing facts shouldn't get in the way of this, since none of you have bothered to pay attention to them yet.

:facepalm:

I take it you are not in favor of the man defending his life with a gun, yet again?

So.... Where are all the cowards that wanted to be judge jury and executioner of Darren Wilson before knowing any facts- that led to a 25 page rant relegating him to being the murderer of an "innocent gentle teen"? Why so quiet now when video of a very similar circumstance is before you?

Ray Rices elevator tape was interesting huh? Real life gets real, real fast- when it's caught on video.

But the people we pay to protect us have no right to protect themselves? Or other innocent people?

Those numbers don't matter because there is no context in the manner of which the people died, or the circumstances that led to their deaths. But I guess knowing facts shouldn't get in the way of this, since none of you have bothered to pay attention to them yet.

If you want to have a discussion on the subject then I suggest you tone down the vitriol. 

Sure they have rights to protect themselves. 

When is too much too much though? You think all of those deaths are justified?

You don't think some cops abuse their powers? You don't think some cops shoot

first and ask questions later? You don't think some cops may be overly paranoid

because this Country is saturated with too many guns? You don't think non-lethal

weapons should be the first option when dealing with unarmed people? 

Obviously there is an issue. Comply or die is not something you should accept 

as OK or normal. 

Do you want to discuss it or do you want to talk shit? 

If you want to have a discussion on the subject then I suggest you tone down the vitriol. 

Sure they have rights to protect themselves. 

When is too much too much though? You think all of those deaths are justified?
You don't think some cops abuse their powers? You don't think some cops shoot
first and ask questions later? You don't think some cops may be overly paranoid
because this Country is saturated with too many guns? You don't think non-lethal
weapons should be the first option when dealing with unarmed people? 
Obviously there is an issue. Comply or die is not something you should accept 
as OK or normal. 

Do you want to discuss it or do you want to talk shit? 

I think most of those likely are justified. Cops are shot at, stabbed at, hacked at, attacked and beaten on all the time. A law enforcement officer dies every couple of days. They deal with the worst scum of the earth on a day to day basis- and that scum tries to kill them more often than someone like you realize. You sit on your couch in the middle of Wisconsin and have no clue what cops in cities have to endure on a daily basis- and if you did you would never be as willing to sacrifice a cops life for the dirtbags in exchange.

Most people that die in confrontations with police choose that themselves. Michael Brown, for instance chose his death. Eric Garner not so much (although by being obese he obviously didn't care much about his health and life). But most people that die by cop make the very poor decisions that lead to cops having no choice.

And this isn't hollywood. You don't shoot someone in the foot from 10 feet away, or pepper spray them into Submission. If your life is on the line you have the choice to live, or to die. I would choose my life over some violent coward dirtbag any day of the week- and I'm sure every cop out there would too. Your inability to place yourself in a police officers shoes is astounding. I guarantee you've never served in the military, never sacrificed your life for the good of anything in a bad situation or dealt with the evil that roams this earth. And it shows. You have exceptionally unrealistic ideas of what the real world is like in moments of violence. You, like many of the other cop haters/criminal lovers on this board, are completely incapable of viewing the harsh reality people who put their lives on the line face. You would never have the silly stances that you do- if you had.

And sure, there are a few bad cops here and there. But they are the outliers and the exceptions to the rule. But people like you want to string cops up automatically any time something "bad" happens- you catch a slight whiff of nonsensical conjecture from the news and run with the criminal- because to you the cop is always the bad guy. Realistically, it's almost always the other way around. Almost always. But you don't care. It's easier for you to hate a cop than it is a criminal. For every bad cop, there is 5000 honest cops.

You and your buddies on here are always acting the police are always the ones the blame, the police are always out to kill every innocent gentle giant on his way to class without provocation. You act like because a handful of deaths have truly been crimes by police- that all cops are automatically guilty until proven innocent. Fuck off with that mindset. You are offended if all blacks are lumped in with all violent blacks. You are offended if all Muslims are lumped in with terrorists. You and your buddies stick up for everyone except for the one group of people that truly put their lives on the line for your safety every day. It's pathetic and cowardly- and shows what little you understand of the real world and the truly terrible people you are kept safe from every day- because cops sacrifice their lives for you.

You want to consider that talking shit, I don't really care. I do not respect the opinion of any "man" that willing sacrifices true heros and condemns them without facts, and yet elevates and champions violent criminals in their stead out of intentional and willful ignorance. These people face death every fucking day so you don't have to. Your mindset and that of your little crew on here- It's pathetic and cowardly.

Ps- And this guy in the video above deserved that bullet to the brain. Why should that guard have risked his own death instead?

i would have shot him too.... whats the problem here?

The problem is everyone on the Michael Brown thread wanting to lynch Darren Wilson for virtually the exact same circumstance is very very quiet now that they see something like this on video happen in real time.

I take it you are not in favor of the man defending his life with a gun, yet again?

So.... Where are all the cowards that wanted to be judge jury and executioner of Darren Wilson before knowing any facts- that led to a 25 page rant relegating him to being the murderer of an "innocent gentle teen"? Why so quiet now when video of a very similar circumstance is before you?

Ray Rices elevator tape was interesting huh? Real life gets real, real fast- when it's caught on video.

Actually I didn't even bother to watch it because we both know you have an agenda.

The problem is everyone on the Michael Brown thread wanting to lynch Darren Wilson for virtually the exact same circumstance is very very quiet now that they see something like this on video happen in real time.

uh.. no one knows what really hapened with the michael brown thing.. there isnt a video..

people ahve a problem because there are accounts if him being shot while stading far away from him potentially even with his hands up..

not being shot while attacking the cop...

not even close to the same thing..

i would have shot him too.... whats the problem here?

OP trying to prove a point so shaky he can't even explain it himself by drawing a ridiculous false equivalence and then pretending like a lack of riots over a shooting in fucking South America have anything to do with anything, all while conveniently sidestepping the clear agenda behind whatever neofascist bullshit media outlet probably slapped him in the face with the story to begin with and told him that it mattered simply because the guy doing the shooting had dark skin?

I'd say the real problem is the pigfucking stupidity that allows someone to think the only reason the Darren Wilson shooting was controversial was because the victim was black, but neither of these problems are likely to be solved, so I guess you can take your pick.

TOTALLY NOT A RACIST THO YOU GUISE!!

I don't think anyone here wanted him lynched.  Many here wanted him to stand trial in a court of law.  You do understand there's a difference, right?

OP trying to prove a point so shaky he can't even explain it himself by drawing a ridiculous false equivalence and then pretending like a lack of riots over a shooting in fucking South America have anything to do with anything, all while conveniently sidestepping the clear agenda behind whatever neofascist bullshit media outlet probably slapped him in the face with the story to begin with and told him that it mattered simply because the guy doing the shooting had dark skin?

I'd say the real problem is the pigfucking stupidity that allows someone to think the only reason the Darren Wilson shooting was controversial was because the victim was black, but neither of these problems are likely to be solved, so I guess you can take your pick.

TOTALLY NOT A RACIST THO YOU GUISE!!

Right on...

I don't think anyone here wanted him lynched.  Many here wanted him to stand trial in a court of law.  You do understand there's a difference, right?

Right on...

This dude and Michael Brown are where they should be, in their grave.

Ahhh so that's the connection! They are both dead!  Thanks for clearing that up, very enlightening.

Here is a picture of Grover Cleveland, 22nd & 24th President of the US.  He, too, is dead.  Discuss!

Grover-Cleveland.jpg

Also note that anyone who is shot by a cop deserves to be dead, period.  Evidence, shmevidence. 

Of course this thread is not about that, it's about big-dish being concerned by the lack of riots in Missouri over a shooting in Brazil..  Butterfly wings and all that shit I guess? He's not making a whole lot of sense.  Probably the LSD.

Archived