A.J. Green on the Dan Patrick Show (Full Interview) 1/29/15

Bengals receiver A.J. Green on Marshawn Lynch: 'He's building his brand'

When Bengals receiver A.J. Green watches Marshawn Lynch’s one-sentence battle with the media this season he had one thought: “It’s funny.”

And sort of genius.

“He’s building his brand by doing that because everyone keeps talking about,” he said.

So is this going to be a new trend? Probably not, he said.

“I don’t think its going to be as funny if more people keep doing that,” he added. “It probably gets stale after awhile if everyone keeps doing it.”

Green arrived in Arizona on Wednesday for the Super Bowl festivities (and promotional opportunities). He said he’s most looking forward to Rihanna’s concert on Saturday — and as far as the game goes, doesn’t really have an opinion on Deflategate. “To each his own,” he said, adding he wouldn’t notice the difference of the ball’s weight. “They still won the game by a bigger margin so I don’t really see the problem.”

So what do football teams normally do under the radar that we don’t hear about?

“We don’t,” he laughed. “We do everything the right way. We do everything the right way.”

http://youtu.be/-qjAARTqLfE

Green was speaking to For The Win about his work on the Lenovo video series ‘Tough Season’, a mockumentary on fantasy football, where he joins Matt Forte and Andrew Luck in videos about overenthusiastic fantasy football players. Despite not playing fantasy football himself, he said he’s reminded of people’s love of it — everyday.

“The biggest one was this year on Twitter,” he said, “this older lady tweeted me and said ‘get your butt back out there, nothing’s wrong with your toe, I worked a 10-hour shift with a broken toe and it was fine.’”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/a-j-green-marshawn-lynch

Aj's nose seems to get bigger and bigger after each Dalton question. I wonder why. :). Seriously though,I love AJ, but he seems so disinterested most of the time.

I thought it was odd how he said he had no interest in watching the Super Bowl, or any other football game for that matter, if the Bengals weren't in the game.

Then I watched the Dan Patrick Show again this morning and Cam Newton echoed what Green said. No interest whatsoever in the game or who wins.

Nothing substantial in the interviews I've seen beyond Green expressing his desire to remain a Bengal and his steadfast support of Dalton, which of course Dan Patrick wouldn't allow. 

Can't have any of that, right?

I thought it was odd how he said he had no interest in watching the Super Bowl, or any other football game for that matter, if the Bengals weren't in the game.

Then I watched the Dan Patrick Show again this morning and Cam Newton echoed what Green said. No interest whatsoever in the game or who wins.

Nothing substantial in the interviews I've seen beyond Green expressing his desire to remain a Bengal and his steadfast support of Dalton, which of course Dan Patrick wouldn't allow. 

Can't have any of that, right?

That is interesting he has no desire to watch if Cincy isn't playing.Good and bad to his non emotion I guess. Certainly I feel better about him being a Bengal forever, but damn AJ go off about something to somebody so I know you're not a robot. :)

That is interesting he has no desire to watch if Cincy isn't playing.Good and bad to his non emotion I guess. Certainly I feel better about him being a Bengal forever, but damn AJ go off about something to somebody so I know you're not a robot. :)

How about the response to the question..."Worst loss of the season?"

Green says it's the Steelers, prompting Patrick to wonder aloud why Green didn't name the Patriots.  

Green admits he forgot the Bengals played them this year.

WTF?

Green says it's the Stealers, prompting Patrick to wonder aloud why Green didn't name the Patriots.  

WTF?

I don't like that. Shows no focus.

Green says it's the Stealers, prompting Patrick to wonder aloud why Green didn't name the Patriots.  

WTF?

I'm guessing it was because he fumbled late in the game when we were driving for a go ahead score. As a competitive athlete, that would be a hard one to get over...

Archived