way early Spicoli mock

spicoli

first way too early Bengals mock draft....using Great Blue North big board and assuming they get a 3rd for MJ and a 4th for Collins.

1. Shaq Thompson OLB Washington...I'm a little up in the air on whether or not he's a first rd pick just because he's basically a LB/S tweener and those guys usually don't find their way into the first rd very often.....I could definitely see however teams becoming enamored with his athleticism, which is about as good as it gets.....bring in LeBeau as an advisor and then turn him loose in a TroyP type role is what I say, he'd give offenses fits. 

2. Cedric Ogbuehi OT Texas.....Whit's eventual replacement....he coming off of a knee injury, that's the only reason I think they've got a shot at getting him here...which is fine because Whit's showing no signs of letting up anytime soon. 

3. Carl Davis DT Iowa....320lb B1G beast....Pekos days are numbered 

3. Tyler Lockett WR Kansas St...small kid in the DeSean Jackson mold, bigtime playmaker with a chance to take it to the house every time he touches the ball...they absolutely need another legit threat on offense that has the ability to take the top off of a defense on any given play in order to help free up AJ, IMO....even if he ends up just a decoy.

4. Garrett Grayson QB Colo ST....very good overall athlete, above avg arm, excellent instincts, he's got kind of a funky Phillip Rivers-type delivery though....that said, the kid is definitely a playmaker.

4. Mike Hull ILB Penn St....bigtime leader, bigtime playmaker, and very well coached coming out of LB U....reminds me a lot of Dan Skuta.

5. Stefon Diggs WR Maryland.....actually kind of reminds me of Antonio Brown when he's healthy....home run threat every time he touches the ball and more speed injected into that WR group....pretty injury prone though, which is the only reason they could get him here. 

6. Anthony Jefferson S UCLA....6'1 athletic S that hits like a truck, ST's

7. Blake Bell TE Oklahoma....blocking TE, ST's

Not digging it dude. Double wide receivers, another quarterback project and no defensive end makes me a little worried.

just didn't come across any DE's that I really liked.....can't fill every hole, plus there's always FA.

which is fine, it is February afterall.....I was just using various big boards to put things together, pretty much out of boredom. 

It was my first thought as well. I really like Carl Davis, the DT from Iowa and wouldn't hate him in the 1st round. Would be ecstatic to get him in the 2nd. 3rd seems like a long shot.

As for the rest, I like the positions but I'd be surprised if the Bengals went after Thompson. I've heard Marvin mention quite a few times that they like big 240+ pound LBers. So I don't really see Thompson fitting in the scheme well enough to be a first rounder.

Love the Tyler Lockett pick. I could definitely see the Bengals taking a speedy, undersized WR in the mid-rounds. Lockett is one of my favorites. Also like Dorsett from Miami and a few others. Diggs is a nice pick also if he slides. Big-time talent.

I actually think Davis is a 2nd rounder, but we'll see how it plays out over the next couple of months....he reminds me a lot of Brandon Thompson, who I never thought would still be sitting there for us in the 3rd round in 2012. 

end of the day, GBN had him as a 3rd rounder on their big board so that's where I put him......like I said, it's February, still a long way to go. . 

Archived