** The NEXT 50 lbs.... ** anti-fatass part 2

GoBengals

Have you tried Siggi's Yogurt?  It's an Icelandic style yogurt that has a ton of protein but very little sugar.  It really sticks with you and staunches hunger very well.  Be forewarned however, that the first time you try it you'll be like "What the fuck did I just put in my mouth?" because it seems very tart compared to regular yogurt.  However, once you get used to the flavor, you'll never be able to go back to processed, sugary yogurts. 

lol

worst sales pitch ever....

If your having issues with late night sweet cravings, quest bars have been holding me over.  190 calories with loads of protein.  Not much sugar.  I'm sure Khat can expand further on whether they're truly good for you or not.

Ah yes, Quest bars.  I personally don't recommend them.  Here is the ingredient list (smores flavor):

S'MORES
Ingredients: Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate), Soluble Corn Fiber, Almonds, Erythritol, Water, Unsweetened Chocolate, Natural Flavors, Cocoa Butter. Contains less than 2% of the following: Cinnamon, Sea Salt, Baking Soda, Palm Oil, Steviol Glycosides (Stevia), Sunflower Lecithin, Sucralose, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum.

The protein blend, from milk and whey isolate is allergen causing, inflammatory to the body.  The bio availability of this type of protein doesn't lend to 100% absorption.  I'd say you would be absorbing maybe 50-60% of that at best.  That corn fiber, I would imagine is coming from GMO corn as a majority of the corn products in the US are from GMO corn.  The other ingredients aren't bad, besides sucralose.  Sucralose (Splenda), molecular formula is C12H19Cl3O8.  If you notice, chlorine is present.  Sucralose is produced by chlorinating regular white table sugar, making it an organochlorine compound....which are very difficult for the body to detoxify itself from, allowing buildup of this extremely toxic compound.  Studies show that the compound builds up in the kidney, liver and digestive trac.  Not good, considering that studies on animals showed symptoms like: reduced size of thymus gland, which is extremely important for immunity, it's the 'heart' of our immune system), atrophy of lymph follices, enlarged liver and kidneys, and reduced growth rate.  

Sorry JC, I would personally not consume those things.  :(

things humans are allowed to eat:

1. water

2. fresh organic berries

3. water

4. steel cut oats

5. water

:lmao:

Here's what I've eaten on my sugar detox diet past few days:

Pre-breakfast:  green smoothie w/ kale, cucumber, parsley, hemp seed, Greens First green powder mix and half a banana (yes, I know it's sugar) using coconut water (3-4 oz) as base.  

Breakfast: 2 farm fresh eggs fried in coconut oil w/ half avocado OR 2 hard boiled eggs w/ hummus, avocado and hot sauce

Lunch: Chipotle bowl, chicken, black beans, fajitas, mild salsa, guac and VERY light cheese.  I'll eat a tablespoon of raw, xtra virgin organic coconut oil with it.  

Dinner:  chicken, huge portion of green leafy veggies steamed in water, butter, small amount of turmeric, drizzled wit olive oil after it's on dinner plate.  

I snack on walnuts, almonds, pistacchios.   I use the Cocao flavor Raw Meal as well as a snack in between meals.   

Snacking at night or before bed is the hardest thing for me, my biggest hurdle.  I've found that if I drink enough water at night, the hunger subsides a bit otherwise I try to eat protein rich foods before bedtime so that your body is 'working' and using calories even during sleep.   

breakfast would be a huge benefit to me.. i spend my morning in lazy haze... making breakfast seems insane to me in the morning, even though im awake, i never sleep past 6:45-7:15, and never have to leave before 9am now.. so plenty of time.. 

i WAS losing the most weight when i was eating breakfast though, even if it was a bowl of not-that-healthy cereal like corn flakes or grape nuts flakes or mini wheats... 

i need to get a system in place for a regular regimine of meals and times of eating.. which working random hours makes tough..

6pm is the time i lose it at work.. gotta eat dinner, already had smoothie or fruit or whatever for breakfast and/or lunch, and options are limited...

im still losing weight eating reckless, but only 1 lbs every two days..when i was at once point losing 1-2 a day and felt way better every day..

work stress is also at an all time high.. well not all time, but a pretty high high..

I think breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it also sets the tone for the rest of the day.  I like to eat a lot, as much as I can during breakfast.  Eat like a prince in the morning, and a pauper at night.  Very wise saying.  

Seems like your work schedule is your variable that throws things off at times.  Definitely try to plan as much as you can, but I can see how an unpredictable schedule leads to that frustration.  Maybe treat yourself to fast food once or twice a week at work for dinner?  Chipotle (yes, I've recommended that more times than Andy Dalton has looked dumb on national television, which is A LOT) but it really is an acceptable fast food choice.  

You can get some gluten free blue corn chips and eat those with guacamole...if you like guac?  That's another thing I snack on..... Great combo.  Love the taste.  

I think breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it also sets the tone for the rest of the day.  I like to eat a lot, as much as I can during breakfast.  Eat like a prince in the morning, and a pauper at night.  Very wise saying.  

Seems like your work schedule is your variable that throws things off at times.  Definitely try to plan as much as you can, but I can see how an unpredictable schedule leads to that frustration.  Maybe treat yourself to fast food once or twice a week at work for dinner?  Chipotle (yes, I've recommended that more times than Andy Dalton has looked dumb on national television, which is A LOT) but it really is an acceptable fast food choice.  

You can get some gluten free blue corn chips and eat those with guacamole...if you like guac?  That's another thing I snack on..... Great combo.  Love the taste.  

may have to try the corn chips... something like corn chips would be a solid alternative to going to get fast food.

opening a Culvers between my work and home isnt cool... love that place.. only had it once so far... 

That's great, and how my wife and I have been eating for a while now.  It works very well for us... 

That's great, and how my wife and I have been eating for a while now.  It works very well for us... 

It is a very wise quote, and good on you guys for your discipline!  

I will be hitting you up for that testimonial shortly, as my schooling concludes.  :)

A drink in between meals that may help curb your inclination to snack in between meals.  (Not too mention good for fiber.)

Get some metamucil and some seedless oranges or even grapes.  Blend the shit out of it and drink it.

May sound kind of disgusting and may even take some getting use to but I know someone that did it

that was having a kind of hard time dropping weight.  He said it did wonders.  Might could even replace

a lunch meal with it if you eat a good breakfast and dinner.  

Just a thought.  Figured I throw that out for ya.  

Speaking of eggs, one thing I notice when I go back to the States are the eggs and how sickly and pale they look.

This clickbait article isn't actually all that bad.  The deep yellow/orange yolk is what I'm used to in Europe.

Housing chickens in cages is illegal in Germany, so this is one reason we don't need to worry so much about salmonella. 

Speaking of eggs, one thing I notice when I go back to the States are the eggs and how sickly and pale they look.

This clickbait article isn't actually all that bad.  The deep yellow/orange yolk is what I'm used to in Europe.

Housing chickens in cages is illegal in Germany, so this is one reason we don't need to worry so much about salmonella. 

Absolutely egg yolk matters....it's the biggest indicator for the most part of the egg's quality.  You can tell how the hens have been fed, their activity level, thus the nutrition contained in the egg, all from looking at the yolk.  I had the same observation when I got back to the States.  The eggs I got in Munich were vibrant orange, a dark orange even depending on the batch.  I even took pics of the eggs for just that reason.  I was amazed at how, even the farm fresh eggs I get here locally, are so much less colorful than German eggs.  

Even the non organic produce in Germany had a much better taste, freshness than the organic produce here.  Nuts.  The standards for being able to label produce 'organic' here is a joke.  It's more about the transfer of money than it is about sustainability.  

A drink in between meals that may help curb your inclination to snack in between meals.  (Not too mention good for fiber.)

Get some metamucil and some seedless oranges or even grapes.  Blend the shit out of it and drink it.

May sound kind of disgusting and may even take some getting use to but I know someone that did it

that was having a kind of hard time dropping weight.  He said it did wonders.  Might could even replace

a lunch meal with it if you eat a good breakfast and dinner.  

Just a thought.  Figured I throw that out for ya.  

*cough* Raw Meal *cough*

thats exactly what happens when i try to eat raw meal.. *cough* *gag* *cough*

just kidding.. but its not delicious at all..

Haha....You're right, by itself its not delicious at all.  Pretty horrible if you're not used to it, but add a banana and a scoop or two of peanut butter and it becomes delicious.....at least to me (cacao flavor).  I love the taste and nutrition it gives me, so it's a staple in my diet.  34g of protein, bioavailable protein per 2 scoops is fantastic, along with all the other nourishment that's in there.  

The eggs I got in Munich were vibrant orange, a dark orange even depending on the batch.

When I get eggs from friends or other small-time locals I notice this.. There are a lot of people around where I live that sell fresh eggs, just gotta look for the small sign by the road.  Going rate is around $3/dozen.

When I get eggs from friends or other small-time locals I notice this.. There are a lot of people around where I live that sell fresh eggs, just gotta look for the small sign by the road.  Going rate is around $3/dozen.

That's a great price....I pay $4/dozen currently and would never ever go back to store bought eggs.  Ever.  Krogers was sued for selling conventional eggs as "cage free".  Their rationale was that they were in a building, still overcrowded, still sick, still given growth hormone......but since they weren't in a cage, they figured they could label them as 'cage free'.  I have zero trust in grocery store labeling.   

So, where can I drive down the street and find vendors on the side selling eggs for $3?  If the drive doesn't offset the savings, I'll stick to my person but would be good to know in case I have clients that live in those areas.  Thanks in advance.     

That's a great price....I pay $4/dozen currently and would never ever go back to store bought eggs.  Ever.  Krogers was sued for selling conventional eggs as "cage free".  Their rationale was that they were in a building, still overcrowded, still sick, still given growth hormone......but since they weren't in a cage, they figured they could label them as 'cage free'.  I have zero trust in grocery store labeling.   

So, where can I drive down the street and find vendors on the side selling eggs for $3?  If the drive doesn't offset the savings, I'll stick to my person but would be good to know in case I have clients that live in those areas.  Thanks in advance.     

Butler County.  Nearest to the city that I know of would be on Ross-Hanover west of Hamiltucky.  Pretty sure there's one on 27 as well but I can't remember exactly where. I'll try to remember to get a cross street or something.

As far as I can tell if you get outside the city on any of the state roads (in Texas they'd be called farm-to-market roads) you'll run across a place before long.

I get Eggland's Best from Kroger more out of habit than anything, but they're a poor substitute.

Butler County.  Nearest to the city that I know of would be on Ross-Hanover west of Hamiltucky.  Pretty sure there's one on 27 as well but I can't remember exactly where. I'll try to remember to get a cross street or something.

As far as I can tell if you get outside the city on any of the state roads (in Texas they'd be called farm-to-market roads) you'll run across a place before long.

I get Eggland's Best from Kroger more out of habit than anything, but they're a poor substitute.

Appreciate it, I live in West Chester so I'm already in Butler County...that's not too far a drive from me, although venturing to Hamiltucky is a little worrisome, yet exciting as I'm not sure what I'll run across.   

I have a farmer friend in Trenton, OH, that I get raw milk from.  That's not too far from there.  Thanks again T-Dub.  

I used to get corn on US27 just north of Millville, 12 ears for a buck or two.  Those were the days...

There's a roadside stand just south of Millville that has corn & other stuff, also a stand at 27 & Stillwell-Beckett that just does corn in-season. Quite a few places along that general stretch of 27 between 128 and Indiana, in fact.

venturing to Hamiltucky is a little worrisome, yet exciting as I'm not sure what I'll run across. 

Just your average hoodbilly tweakers & the finest assortment of neck tattoos to be seen without going to jail yourself. 

Archived