A Very Sad Day

Jamie_B

Jamie may enjoy this humor, but if anyone follows college basketball close enough, they will get the reference:

If George Mason was Comedy Central, who would they hire to replace Jon Stewart?

1. VCU Pav retweeted

@VCUPav Jason Alexander - he has never been funny but he continues to get paid because people remember that George Costanza was funny.

I hope they can find someone as funny and brilliant as Jon.

I'm gonna make this my all time favorite J-Stew moments... (this one is for Backer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8SJSeHE2ew

I highly doubt it..

They will probably just stop the show. If not it probably won't last long.

Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich

I’m sorry Jon Stewart is stepping down as host of “The Daily Show” after a 16-year run in which he did more to reveal right-wing (and some centrist and right-wing) hypocrisy than anyone else I know. He has shown how satire can be more truthful than pompous displays of righteousness, how humor can be more powerful than high office, and how quiet indignation about the stupid partisan yelling matches that have become cable “news” can bring producers to their senses and even cause shows to be cancelled. For the millennials I teach (and for many others), he’s the most trusted source of news. I really don’t care what happens to NBC’s Brian Williams. But Jon Stewart leaving “The Daily Show” is a genuine loss.

Archived