Cincinnati would become Ohio marijuana capital under proposal

oldschooler

• 5 months later...

Sadly I'm leaning towards voting no on this. On top of the oligopoly issue, looks like you need to buy a license(what do you have to do to qualify?) to grow your own and can't be consumed "in public view". Just make it legal without the BS restrictions.

Have you read the amendment? And progress is progress. Once this gets passed and people see how much money is made, and how it's not the monster some people still think it is, many of these restrictions will go away with further legislation. Don't vote down a huge step in the right direction because it isn't perfect.

Have you read the amendment? And progress is progress. Once this gets passed and people see how much money is made, and how it's not the monster some people still think it is, many of these restrictions will go away with further legislation. Don't vote down a huge step in the right direction because it isn't perfect.

The fact that it's even being discussed in Ohio is amazing to me (having not lived there in nearly 20 years)....

I read a bit but not the whole thing, too much legal jargon. Was anything I wrote incorrect? It sounds like not just anyone can get the $50 home grower access, you'd have to qualify in some way? does it specify?

I doubt it would be easy to take away the restrictions with future legislation. The groups getting control won't give that up easy and have deep pockets.

At the end of the day does this really change anything anyway? You still can't use it unless you want to risk getting fired.

edit: I'll probably end up voting for it just cause I think my mother could really use medical for rheumatoid arthritis... not sure if she'd use it though.

Can you imagine instead of beer vendors, you have weed distributors running around at PBS ?   Jerome Simpson signature edition weed... 

That would be awesome. But think even in the end it will be handled more like liquor. So maybe you get some at the Pigskin Pub, in a special "smoking area"...

quite the hassle here, even though the state decriminalizes, the counties have a say in whether its ok to retail in said county, for example my county said no.. so the losest place is 20-ish miles away, and 35-40 minute drive.. basically 40 minutes in every direction is for sale...

delivery however is legal in restricted counties, and many places deliver, so if i were inclined i could have delivery, and most deliver until 2am-ish..

Archived