War in Iraq? Israel behind the scenes?

Guest steggyD

[quote]if you allow 1 vote per person there isn't a state of Israel that is the fucking point !!!![/quote]

I am with you, if the Palestinians allow themselves to be recognized as not being Arabic or Muslim, then you can have Country of Isreal with Jerusalem as it's Capital.

[quote]The Palestinians were there after WWII when the Jews forcibly kicked them out of their homes, and migrated there.... You should read up on the history of how the state of Israel was created.. and the tactics the Israelis used to get it (ironically the Jews used a suicide bombing on the british who were at a hotel to spark their independence) the Palestinians seeing that it worked for them have been trying it ever since.... (but unfortunatley they are too brown, poor, and they are not endorsed by the King James Bullshit manual.) Most Palestinians still have the keys to their homes, and when they were forced out many still had food cooking on the stove. Israel is a Terrorist, Illegal state, that has enacted Apartheid on the Palestinians. No different than what was in S Africa, and in some cases worse.[/quote]

Holy cow son!!, you have to go back further than 1947 to understand this dilemma; and I am not talking fucking religous content but geo-political one!!

So is Palestine the proper or rightful name of the country? The name of a country, any country, has to be looked at as a historical object, for if otherwise, a land might as well be called XYZ or No. 14. A country's name is associated with events and personalities and sentiments. "Palestine" too must be scrutinized in that light. The Roman change of name was part of a complex of related oppressive measures of national despoliation, punishment, and oppression. From the start the name was laden with connotations of Roman hatred for rebels (and for Jews in particular), the slaughter of hundreds of thousands in the war and through the legionaries' vengeful acts, the ruin of hundreds of villages and towns, the enslavement of survivors, expulsion of a people from its homes and lands (nowadays called "ethnic cleansing"), etc.

Scary-shit for the Jews wouldn't you say :blink:

Palestine is not Arabic, but a Roman name given to this land to irradicate Judea and the Jews. Sound Familiar?

[quote name='Lawman' date='Aug 4 2005, 02:42 PM']Holy cow son!!, you have to go back further than 1947 to understand this dilemma; and I am not talking fucking religous content but geo-political one!!

So is Palestine the proper or rightful name of the country? The name of a country, any country, has to be looked at as a historical object, for if otherwise, a land might as well be called XYZ or No. 14. A country's name is associated with events and personalities and sentiments. "Palestine" too must be scrutinized in that light. The Roman change of name was part of a complex of related oppressive measures of national despoliation, punishment, and oppression. From the start the name was laden with connotations of Roman hatred for rebels (and for Jews in particular), the slaughter of hundreds of thousands in the war and through the legionaries' vengeful acts, the ruin of hundreds of villages and towns, the enslavement of survivors, expulsion of a people from its homes and lands (nowadays called "ethnic cleansing"), etc.

Scary-shit for the Jews wouldn't you say :blink:

Palestine is not Arabic, but a Roman name given to this land to irradicate Judea and the Jews.  Sound Familiar?
[right][post="124524"][/post][/right][/quote]

I have a bridge for sale, interested? It's big and GOLDEN

Guest steggyD
[quote name='CP1' date='Aug 4 2005, 03:09 PM']I have a bridge for sale, interested?  It's big and GOLDEN
[right][post="124587"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I don't get this comment. Are you trying to say that the Romans did not do this? From all the history I have read, they all seem to agree on this. Palaestina was the name given by the Romans, in reference to the Phillistines who lived in that region also. The Jews conquered them earlier in history, but the Phillistines were more or less broken into tribes still at that time. So the argument is still just like my 8 year old girls' arguments. "I was there first." "No, I was." I always have to say either play together nice or play separately. Let's tell the Jews and the Palestinians that. Maybe it will work.

[quote name='steggyD' date='Aug 4 2005, 03:57 PM']I don't get this comment. Are you trying to say that the Romans did not do this? From all the history I have read, they all seem to agree on this. Palaestina was the name given by the Romans, in reference to the Phillistines who lived in that region also. The Jews conquered them earlier in history, but the Phillistines were more or less broken into tribes still at that time. So the argument is still just like my 8 year old girls' arguments. "I was there first." "No, I was." I always have to say either play together nice or play separately. Let's tell the Jews and the Palestinians that. Maybe it will work.
[right][post="124633"][/post][/right][/quote]

I say we just send them to their rooms with no desert. :P

Archived