Jessa Duggar Blasts Christians Who Don't Believe in Hell: Your God "Doesn't Exist"

Go Skins

This is how a lot of Christians are brought up. They talk about going to Hell a lot more than going to Heaven.

They are taught to be "good" out of fear rather than out of love. It's the religious version of Fox News, always playing off of fear.

I don't understand why so many people take a book that was written 3500 years ago so literal anyway.

Well they only take certain parts literal. Just the ones that fit their narrative.

This is how a lot of Christians are brought up. They talk about going to Hell a lot more than going to Heaven.

They are taught to be "good" out of fear rather than out of love. It's the religious version of Fox News, always playing off of fear.

I don't understand why so many people take a book that was written 3500 years ago so literal anyway.

Well they only take certain parts literal. Just the ones that fit their narrative.

I agree with all of this accept the book is only just under 2000 years old.

I will add that the fact that there are three major religions that read the book differently tells me all I need to know about how literal I need to take it. 

I agree with all of this accept the book is only just under 2000 years old.

I will add that the fact that there are three major religions that read the book differently tells me all I need to know about how literal I need to take it. 

The earliest books of the Bible were written nearly 3500 years ago.

Archived