GEATHERS CUT!

its pathetic how happy people are that good players get cut. There sure as hell arent many players who want to spend their entire careers in a place like cincinnati, and even fewer that are good enough to do so. RGJR was a very good player for many years, and a very good rotation guy for a few more.. I dont disagree with the release.. but the fact that people are happy about releasing a guy who was a backup rotation guy, as most of them are the ones calling for cutting him the year after his big year, just like they do every other player who they think should be a 10x pro bowler or bust. 

one of the nicest bengals i ever talked to, and fun to watch for many years..

keep the pitch forks lit girls... 

+1

its pathetic how happy people are that good players get cut. There sure as hell arent many players who want to spend their entire careers in a place like cincinnati, and even fewer that are good enough to do so. RGJR was a very good player for many years, and a very good rotation guy for a few more.. I dont disagree with the release.. but the fact that people are happy about releasing a guy who was a backup rotation guy, as most of them are the ones calling for cutting him the year after his big year, just like they do every other player who they think should be a 10x pro bowler or bust. 

Please stop ripping on Cincinnati.

He's not very good at his job as a matter of fact he's terrible. I don't know him personally I'm sure he's a great guy but he is not producing for th e amount of money he makes. People get fired all the time for being crappy at their job. And Geathers has been awful for about 4 years now.

He's not very good at his job as a matter of fact he's terrible. I don't know him personally I'm sure he's a great guy but he is not producing for th e amount of money he makes. People get fired all the time for being crappy at their job. And Geathers has been awful for about 4 years now.

I've met him too and had a jersey signed that I won @ kings island. Big deal. He hasn't been good for a while & had no business being on the 53 last season !

Wanting the Bengals to be a better team is not a bad thing

Kicking a guy when he's down kind of is, though.  Particularly when that guy has spent his entire career here making the Bengals a better team.  He can't do that anymore, so now he's gone. Doesn't mean you have to act like he's spent the last decade cashing checks and kicking puppies. Dude was the best player on a shitty defense at one time and never complained. Maybe a tiny bit of respect is due?

Kicking a guy when he's down kind of is, though.  Particularly when that guy has spent his entire career here making the Bengals a better team.  He can't do that anymore, so now he's gone. Doesn't mean you have to act like he's spent the last decade cashing checks and kicking puppies. Dude was the best player on a shitty defense at one time and never complained. Maybe a tiny bit of respect is due?

You and others have been making some really fucking bizarre posts lately !! Who the fuck is kicking him when he's down ??
He has been payed very well for many years. The last couple he hasn't earned. I respect him and always have. Take a pill

Their all butt hurt because they met they guy and he was polite and signed their jersey. Nevermind the fact he was awful last year and the year before. No one here popped open a champagne bottle and celebrated the cut we all just want the Bengals to be better and this move was long overdue. just like when Cook got cut. I'm all for the Bengals making moves to improve their team and if that means cutting Burfict my fav player so be it. Id be disappointed but wouldn't take it personal like some on here do.

This may come as news to many of you, but whatever we say about Robert Geathers on this internet forum doesn't actually reach him.  I mean, it's not like he's so insecure about himself that he's logging on to read what a bunch of football fans think of him.  I mean, it's not like he's Jermaine Gresham.

Anyway, if we're not supposed to say whatever we think about the team and it's players what are we doing here anyway?  And why can't you all STFU about Andy Dalton?

OH, FFS.  Don't "say whatever you think" if you can't handle being criticized. Nobody is censoring anyone. Your right to self-expression or whateverthefuck extends to everybody else, too.

It's possible to be happy the team is moving on without acting like a hyena that just learned to type.

Enjoy the feeding frenzy if it makes you feel better, by all means.

Cut all of the players that all of the experts here think are no good, get paid anything, or just hate...and you will have a roster of Rex Burkhead. That's it...just Rex Burkhead.

Don't forget AJ Green.  You could run a crackwhore out on the field in an AJ Green jersey and people would blame their failings on Dalton.

Yeah this is totally a Cincinnati only phenomenon. Only Cincinnati fans are happy when it appears their team is trying to make a move to improve their team.

Only Cincinnati.

Ok, you are still going to try and say I said he wouldn't or shouldn't be cut EVEN AFTER I posted those quotes directly contradicting that because of this statement, while ALSO trying to say there is nothing wrong with your reading comprehension?

So, please illustrate where I "specifically said" that Geathers would or should not be cut? I stirred the pot by asking you where you read that? Really? You didn't "call me out" by quoting me out of context to make it sound like I said something I clearly did not say, something I actually said THE DIRECT OPPOSITE OF in fact? That's not "stirring the pot"?

OK, this is the last comment I have on this little hissy fit you are throwing over nothing.

I wrote, in general, without naming names, finding quotes, or calling anyone out- that people on the boards had mentioned Geathers not being cut in the past month.

You asked who. I posted the first quote I found from the last thread I remember it being mentioned in- which was your quote- in which YOU SAID cutting him and two others sounds like a bad idea to you. YOU SAID THAT.

Wait.. So the plan is to cut all 3 of the biggest leaders on the defensive side of the ball at the same time.. And replace them with free-agents? Whom we have no idea how well they will actually mesh with our scheme and in the locker room, let alone what kind of leadership they will bring if any..

Right in the middle of our championship window?

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a very good idea to me

I didnt make that shit up. You said that. THIS IS YOUR QUOTE- WORD FOR WORD. You said it wouldnt be a good idea to cut him. YOU SAID THAT. So whatever fucking rant you are going on and on about is completely inconsequential to me at this point.

Here is a timeline since you are having such a difficult time following along:

1. I said people mentioned he shouldnt be cut.

2. You asked who said that?

3. I directly quoted your post- with YOU saying he shouldn't be cut.

4. You cry for the next three hours saying you didnt say that.

You did say that- I'm out. I have nothing further to clarify or argue.

Archived