Bengals plan visit with A.J. Hawk for next week

Hawk makes a ton of sense off the field and in the locker room. I am not sure how much sense he makes now that we have re-signed Maualuga. With that said I wouldn't be surprised at all to be saying at the end of the year that Hawk played better than Rey in 2015. I just am not a huge Maualuga fan. 

Lamur shouldn't play the SLB role on run downs.   Rey definately can and would be an upgrade in that area.     AJ in the middle.  Burfict doesn't come back Lamur at weak.

That would be my guess at the roles if it happened.     At the end of the day you need someone that can handle calling the defense first.   Rey failed at it and so did Lamur.

Lamur shouldn't play the SLB role on run downs.   Rey definately can and would be an upgrade in that area.     AJ in the middle.  Burfict doesn't come back Lamur at weak.

That would be my guess at the roles if it happened.     At the end of the day you need someone that can handle calling the defense first.   Rey failed at it and so did Lamur.

Hawk has a lot of good qualities. I can think of 15 million reasons why he doesn't make sense with our current roster makeup but I think you provided some good ones. 

I agree. I know 1181 has been saying for a while now that lamur would make a better Will and I agree.

If burfict is healthy you could have him hAwk and rey m on run downs and lamur and dennArd come in on pass downs replacing hawk and rey.

I agree. I know 1181 has been saying for a while now that lamur would make a better Will and I agree.

If burfict is healthy you could have him hAwk and rey m on run downs and lamur and dennArd come in on pass downs replacing hawk and rey.

I have been saying this since he was in college. I don't understand the SLB at all. 

He is one of the guys I get to hang my hat on in a sea of misses. 

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/62861-offseason-2012/?hl=%2Blamur+%2Band+%2Bkansas+%2Band+%2Bstate

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/63564-move-nate-clements-to-ss/?hl=%20lamur%20%20and%20%20kansas%20%20and%20%20state

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/64354-so-what-udfas-do-you-want-to-sign/page-3?hl=%2Blamur+%2Band+%2Bkansas+%2Band+%2Bstate#entry1126807

I've been saying for a while now, Lamur at WLB, Burfict at MLB and Maualuga at SLB.

You can put a big beefy guy at slb since the right side of the offensive line is generally larger and teams tend to run that way more, but tight ends usually line up on the right side of the los. That's probably what they were trying to do by putting Lamur at slb. They should probably plug a bigger guy there like they did with Debo to stop the run and plug lamur in there on 2nd and 3rd and long. Id like to think they will do that, but his tender is pretty high to just be getting backup snaps isn't it?

I'd guess that tender to EL comes from the possibility of him being our starting WLB. IDK that he should be starting anywhere but I have to assume the question marks surrounding Taze weighed heavily on that decision. Seems kinda pricey otherwise, but it's not like he's played much so maybe he ends up earning it.

I'd guess that tender to EL comes from the possibility of him being our starting WLB. IDK that he should be starting anywhere but I have to assume the question marks surrounding Taze weighed heavily on that decision. Seems kinda pricey otherwise, but it's not like he's played much so maybe he ends up earning it.

Well, his salary puts him in 65th place among all LB currently.  With FA just starting, you've gotta think he'll be lower in a week. 

I've been saying for a while now, Lamur at WLB, Burfict at MLB and Maualuga at SLB.

Burfict probably won't be available at the start of the season.  He won't even be allowed to put weight on his knee for a month or two as per the microfracture technique's demands.  Hawk would be nothing more than a stop gap and everyone knows this team is worse without Burfict out there. 

We need to grab a stud in FA.  Best case Burfict near full recovery and now we have a pretty bad ass LB corps.

Trent Cole would be awesome but the Bengals aren't interested, AJ Hawk on the other hand....

Hell yeah, I can play blackjack at the Incarnation Fish fry with Mangold, Nugent and now Hawk.

Before we get overly excited about DA HAWK, lol.

Nugent has played football with him since 5th/6th grade. According to the Nuge he didn't even know Hawk was a consideration for Bengals. Hawk hasn't called him to ask about anything Bengals.

Kinda odd, I guess.

Before we get overly excited about DA HAWK, lol.

Nugent has played football with him since 5th/6th grade. According to the Nuge he didn't even know Hawk was a consideration for Bengals. Hawk hasn't called him to ask about anything Bengals.

Kinda odd, I guess.

I bet most of these guys have a good idea of how good or bad most of the other teams are internally.

Archived