Wireless Repeater issue

any tech saavy people in the house? I'm having some issues configuring a new wireless repeater that I bought.

My wireless devices will recognize the repeater and its (strong) signal, but when I connect them to it, it won't connect to the internet. It's like its broadcasting a signal, but its blank.

In the instructions, it tells you how to configure it, but when I plug it into a PC or laptop, it won't recognize that its plugged in, so I can't configure it.

Here's the manual: 

http://vonets.com/download/MINI300/MINI300%E2%80%94%E2%80%94Quick%20Setting%20Guide.pdf

no solution for your problem exactly, but i used to use a few repeaters in my house... then i just bought a good router and didnt have to extend the signal, but i also hard wired the whole house to eliminate the need for the wifi to wifi to ethernet device needs.

What kind of router do you use? I have one of the Motorola routers and the signal just isn't strong enough. I was thinking of getting an AirPort Extreme.

its a netgear.  300ft range.

I think I'm just going to return the repeater.  I had gotten it to help boost a signal to a blu-ray player that has a not-so-great wifi receiver.  I ended up swapping the blu-ray player with one in another room that has a better receiver (even though its an identical model), and everything is working great. I originally got it because I  had some money left on a gift card and decided to try one out.

My house isn't super large, my wifi router covers the entire house, so a repeater wasn't a big necessity. I was just giving it a shot to help the signal to that specific blu ray player. None of my tablets or other wireless devices have any issues, even if I was standing right next to this particular blu-ray player.  

With everything working great after the swap, I really don't have a use for it now.  

Thanks though!

What kind of router do you use? I have one of the Motorola routers and the signal just isn't strong enough. I was thinking of getting an AirPort Extreme.

I got a new one in August.. Love it..Great range and works with the 8-10 devices we have going in the house.

Looks slick too..if you care about that.

Archived