Gresham Watch: Excellence on the move.

If you want to be realistic.

He knew he was injured enough in January to not play in a game. He didn't get surgery. The team he played for previously shows no interest at all in re-signing him, even though they are a franchise known, and chastised, for being too loyal. He then passes through the first few weeks of FA with less than a whisper in the wind about teams interested in him. Next, one of the most desperate franchises in the NFL (read: Raiders) shows a feigning interest but ultimately passes due to the injury that the player knew about, and sat out a playoff game because of, more than 3 months prior.

It's truly a saga from my perspective, all the talent in the world and only the Raiders don't even want him because he didn't take care of his shit.

Why didn't Jermaine have surgery? Especially considering his impending free agency.

ETA: It's also interesting how this relates to the Roger Saffold Saga. It's the same kind of thing, underachiever seeks big contract only to be rejected by the Raiders for not taking care of his shit. Then he re-signed with the Rams for a percentage, and missed the season with the injury he failed to address in his free agent offseason. 

I'm pretty sure Marvin is on record saying they would resign him but it's up to what Gresham wants to do.

Gresham defenders are so irrational they'll close their eyes when confronted with a calendar that proves his back injury happened weeks after he was accused of quitting.

Gresham defenders are so irrational their desire to see him return isn't diminished one bit despite news that Gresham has a serious back injury.

Gresham defenders obsessed with big meaty farts, but won't commit to pushing out a poop. All gas, no substance.

Who wants him to return?  Most of us are just laughing at the notion that a cracked vertebra is being portrayed as a minor injury only needing a little rest and that real men play thru the pain.  

Most of us are just laughing at the notion that a cracked vertebra is being portrayed...  

I'll respect your knowledge regarding vertebrae when you learn how to spell it.

Gresham does not have an injury to his spinal column. If one of the processes is cracked, it is pretty minor. Sorry to bring reality into it. Proceed to scream "spinal" in all caps and go running from the building.

Gresham does not have an injury to his spinal column. If one of the processes is cracked, it is pretty minor. Sorry to bring reality into it. Proceed to scream "spinal" in all caps and go running from the building.

A. I was posting from my phone, B. Tell me playing in a professional football game with cracked vertebrae is typical.

It's obviously minor when you have to slam into 280 lb guys for 3 hours with a broken back...what a pussy, suck it up and entertain me Gresham...amirite? What's his deal anyway, he lost a fumble that one time...I hate him. 

At the risk of interrupting the "Jermaine Gresham's the toughest" nonsense, can we at least acknowledge that he missed the huge game @Cleveland with a toe injury and not a back problem. That is the game that led to all of the questions and the Lapham brouhaha. 

With the way Cleveland fell apart after that game, it's hard to remember just how important it was at the time. But we needed the win badly and were seriously hurting at WR and TE and Gresham was penciled in as a huge part of the offensive gameplan before he decided in warmups that he couldn't play through the pain. What made the Bengals especially upset is that he looked very good in warmups and it caught them very much off guard when he said it hurt too bad to play. 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bengals-jermaine-gresham-toe-injury-causes-problem-inactive-against-browns-121414

At the risk of interrupting the "Jermaine Gresham's the toughest" nonsense, can we at least acknowledge that he missed the huge game @Cleveland with a toe injury and not a back problem. That is the game that led to all of the questions and the Lapham brouhaha. 

With the way Cleveland fell apart after that game, it's hard to remember just how important it was at the time. But we needed the win badly and were seriously hurting at WR and TE and Gresham was penciled in as a huge part of the offensive gameplan before he decided in warmups that he couldn't play through the pain. What made the Bengals especially upset is that he looked very good in warmups and it caught them very much off guard when he said it hurt too bad to play. 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bengals-jermaine-gresham-toe-injury-causes-problem-inactive-against-browns-121414

Yeah, a toe injury should never make you miss a game, isn't that right, AJ?

Yeah, a toe injury should never make you miss a game, isn't that right, AJ?

I think its the fact he waited until the last second to tell them he wasn't playing that pissed everyone off.  

In any case, I don't want the guy back...just too much baggage with this guy.

Maybe Gresham is guilty of not being a good enough actor to fake injury well enough so that everyone knew what kind of pain he was in. I'm sure if he would've been hobbling around and showing signs of pain then there wouldn't have been so many questions of his level of commitment to the team. But maybe he warmed up, felt pain in his foot afterwards and he knew that he couldn't play and be effective so he gave another teammate an opportunity to step up and make some plays. 

If most people think Gresham sucks then why do they get so mad because he said he was too hurt to play, wouldn't want him to not be on the field hurting the team with this stupid penalties and fumbles?

What has everyone in the media pissed off is that Gresham doesn't want to talk to them, they have been on a witch hunt to run him out of town because of it. They take the fact that he's introverted, mistrust the media as a whole, and has a diagnosed mental issue which causes him to act slightly less normal than most and use it against him. To act like he's some team cancer/menace to society because he 2 games this seasons with injuries that people in the media thought he should have played through is just ridiculous. 

As an example, remember that cheap shot Kevin Huber took from a Steelers special teamer?  It broke Huber's jaw, and he had to have it wired shut.  Kind of buried in the story about that injury was the fact that while examining him, it was discovered that he had a pre-existing cracked vertabrae.  

Cam Newton broke two vertabrae in a car wreck last year, and missed one game.

Tony Romo had cracked a cracked vertabrae, and played.  In regards to that, I'll quote an article by the Director of Sports Medicine at Akron Children's Hospital, Dr. Joseph Congeni.  He said,

"Romo suffered from 2 cracked vertebrae, or what’s called transverse processes. And unlike other vertebrae injuries, this particular one is not a big deal. He cracked the bony prominences on either side of the vertebrae, which don’t play a major role, so it’s okay to play."

If you want to read the whole article, I'll cite it below.  But beware:  There is actual truth in there about injured vertabrae.  If you want to hold onto any delusional beliefs about the apocalyptic nature of any back injury, do not read.  

https://www.akronchildrens.org/cms/sharing_blog/12bf49bc75fba2f1/

As an example, remember that cheap shot Kevin Huber took from a Stealers special teamer?  It broke Huber's jaw, and he had to have it wired shut.  Kind of buried in the story about that injury was the fact that while examining him, it was discovered that he had a pre-existing cracked vertabrae.  

Cam Newton broke two vertabrae in a car wreck last year, and missed one game.

Tony Romo had cracked a cracked vertabrae, and played.  In regards to that, I'll quote an article by the Director of Sports Medicine at Akron Children's Hospital, Dr. Joseph Congeni.  He said,

"Romo suffered from 2 cracked vertebrae, or what’s called transverse processes. And unlike other vertebrae injuries, this particular one is not a big deal. He cracked the bony prominences on either side of the vertebrae, which don’t play a major role, so it’s okay to play."

If you want to read the whole article, I'll cite it below.  But beware:  There is actual truth in there about injured vertabrae.  If you want to hold onto any delusional beliefs about the apocalyptic nature of any back injury, do not read.  

https://www.akronchildrens.org/cms/sharing_blog/12bf49bc75fba2f1/

How many times did you see Tony Romo blocking dlineman and linebackers...are you serious...comparing the physical pounding that a blocking TE takes to a QB just shows your level of football IQ. If any offensive lineman had a cracked vertebrae they wouldn't be playing unless they were doped up with some serious pain meds that have serious long term side effects that include kidney failure. 

How many times did you see Tony Romo blocking dlineman and linebackers...are you serious...comparing the physical pounding that a blocking TE takes to a QB just shows your level of football IQ. If any offensive lineman had a cracked vertebrae they wouldn't be playing unless they were doped up with some serious pain meds that have serious long term side effects that include kidney failure. 

Was with you until that last bit.. You're talking about someone taking them short-term under medical supervision, not some scabby Hamiltucky dope fiend.

Personally DGAF if he was truly injured or not, I was done with him after the WC loss to Houston.  Yeah but Dalton shit the bed in that game, all him. Jebus.  Comedy gold watching the same people that'll call me a Dalton Defender (or worse) for pointing that out bend over backwards to make excuses for Gresham.

Was with you until that last bit.. You're talking about someone taking them short-term under medical supervision, not some scabby Hamiltucky dope fiend.

Personally DGAF if he was truly injured or not, I was done with him after the WC loss to Houston.  Yeah but Dalton shit the bed in that game, all him. Jebus.  Comedy gold watching the same people that'll call me a Dalton Defender (or worse) for pointing that out bend over backwards to make excuses for Gresham.

You mean there's something worse than a Da lton defender? :ninja:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/pain-and-pain-management-in-nfl-spawn-a-culture-of-prescription-drug-use-and-abuse/2013/04/13/3b36f4de-a1e9-11e2-bd52-614156372695_story.html

Toradol is the drug of choice for these "doctors" that are financially motivated to get guys back on the field of play as soon as possible, they use toradol like it's Advil and one of the side effects of using Toradol is kidney failure. 

To note: the root cause of Toe Gate was Lap.

On the day AJ got hurt and left practice warm ups. Lap was on the air saying it was minor and a good shot for him to be available that week.

As we know, that was wrong.

Please continue with your assumptions about the Cleveland game.

To note: the root cause of Toe Gate was Lap.

Again, who gives a shit about Lap besides the people who want to use him as a tool for crafting excuses?

Gresham's head coach stated flatly that his injury was minor, there was no further risk of injury due to playing, and the only thing prevented Gresham from playing was a refusal to play through pain.

And again and again and again....it all happened two weeks before the back injury. 

Again, who gives a shit about Lap besides the people who want to use him as a tool for crafting excuses?

Gresham's head coach stated flatly that his injury was minor, there was no further risk of injury due to playing, and the only thing prevented Gresham from playing was a refusal to play through pain.

And again and again and again....it all happened two weeks before the back injury. 

Marvin is a jackass when it comes to player injuries, he thinks concussions are a creation of the liberal media and what's a little broken vertebra between friends. Hell when Marvin was playing at Idaho State he once played a game vs. North Dakota with a dislocated neck and broken femur...kids these days are soft, the pussification of this country is going to be  our down fall. 

Archived