Vikings are trying to get in on the Boling sweepstakes now.

Although I like Boling's versatility having slid out to RT on occasion and even taken 

snaps at C, I think the Bengals may just let him walk considering Whitworth, Smith

and Zeitler will be up for FA next year.  We can get a "true guard" later in the draft

or take an OT earlier, put him at G for a year then figure things out in 2016.

Let him walk... and then save that $. Maybe roll it over to next year.  Woooooo - fucking hoooooo!

I'm just being a jerk... but I will say this: This organization seemed to put out "rumblings" that this year they would be active in FA has set up to make this a new low in the offseason brow beating!

Let him walk... and then save that $. Maybe roll it over to next year.  Woooooo - fucking hoooooo!

I'm just being a jerk... but I will say this: This organization seemed to put out "rumblings" that this year they would be active in FA has set up to make this a new low in the offseason brow beating!

I'll withhold judgment until then end, but I'm fully prepared to take that "status quo" comment from Marvin and shove it up his ass.

If Boling leaves, I'm thinking we take a LT in the draft, put him at LG for the 2015 season, then figure things out

after the 2015 season.   Resign Whitworth and move him to LG and let said draft pick slide over to LT.

this ^ ......exactly

as a matter of fact, I think that's been the plan all along.

The notion of a "Boling sweepstakes" is kinda hilarious

Haha!  I hear ya.  I did mention I'm not a writer (comedy or otherwise) right?  I'm sure some team

will fall in love with his versatility having played LG, RT and even taken snaps at C and he's still

young.  All that being said, I'm okay with him leaving.  

Archived