Free agency set to start Tuesday as Bengals host visits (TE Fasano)

I'm guessing everything sounds fucking stupid to you. After all, hearing sound is a neurological process and anything that has to pass through your brain is pretty much doomed.

Good one. I love how you guys love piling on your smarmy little insults attacking my intelligence. I ain't no snitch, but hope you don't get a warning bro. They're always pretty scathing. Anywaya, year after year you guys are in a continuous goddamn argument with me. Someone who you view as apparently pretty fucking retarded.

Smart use of your time. :ninja:

BTW, Really confident that Eifert will last a 16 game season now and that he'll be ready day 1. Compelling argument. Thanks.

I don't honestly think you need two pass catching TEs. Keep in mind Fasano can catch passes but his duty would be blocking. Also keep in mind bringing in Eifert had almost zero effect on total yards caught by tight ends in 2013. Gresh's numbers dropped almost 300 yards and Orson Charles over 100.
Eifert gets around 700 and Fasano 200 and we will be fine.

Reasonable discussion, it has no place here.

You are so lame, I guess because you blindly back whatever the Bengals do you think you are superior to others. 

You've got to be kidding me, why do have a man crush on Eifert? Dre has lead the team in INT's despite coaches not wanting to put him on the field..what has Eifert has proven shit besides he injury prone, outside of that he's done very little in the NFL. Thompson has proven he can be a quality player and miss a whole season due to injury...what has Eifert proven. 

Eifert isn't better than Gresham, not even close. Can't block better Gresham, can't stay healthy, and hasn't put up better pass receiving numbers...besides fans like you wanting him to be better than Gresham, he hasn't actually proven that he's better. Eifert is all hype at this point, sure you can have hope and faith that he's going to be better than he actually is but that doesn't mean that he's better than guys available like Gresham...

I blindly follow the team, and you blindly whine like a little bitch. I like Gresham and would love to have him back, for the RIGHT PRICE. However, I can see some of the reasons why the team could want to move on, and acting like they don't exist is ignorant. Eifert, although in a limited sample, has shown he can really catch the ball, and more importantly do something with it. He doesn't block as well as Gresh, and he does have an injury history, but so did TJ early in his career. How did that turn out? I accept the fact that Gresh may have worn out his welcome with the staff and the team, and if so, it's time to go. Now, you'd be better served pulling the Gresham penis shaped pacifier out of your mouth, and waking up to the reality as it presents itself.

Why? Did they sit out the entire season for a gruesome elbow injury also? Did they also wait until after the season to get shoulder surgery? Your hope is based in.....in reality? Yes?

BAB, your suggestion was Cameron?  Why?  One injury prone TE isn't enough?   I mean, I am all for upgrading any position, but your main argument against Tyler is exactly the same argument against Cameron.  

Gentlemen (and I am using the term loosely) can we please cut out the high school bullshit?

If you don't like someone's opinion, try agreeing to disagree or put them on ignore if you can't manage to have an adult - like discourse with them.

Last time I will give a general admonition, I'm trying to be patient due to it being the off season, but you guys are being ridiculous.

What is most sad about this discussion is this team has spent 2 first round picks in 5 years on a position few teams would spend 1 first round pick on. If Gresh is indeed gone, all we have to show for it is a 2 year vet with 485 yards receiving.

Truth is Hue doesn't use the TE nearly as much as Gruden did so we don't need another guy to throw to. Gresh, with Eifert out all season didn't even increase his yardage over 2013.

In 2009 the Bengals had a massive void at TE... remember JP Foschi? A stud TE was exactly what the Bengals needed in 2010.

In 2012 there was an obvious need to add offensive weaponry. Tyler Eifert was the best offensive weapon in the board in 2013. 

Both were good picks at the time they were made. Hindsight is 20/20. 

In terms of value we keep spending the picks on the wrong positions. RB-TE-G all come cheap in Free Agency yet we keep drafting them high and often times multiple players. It is impossible for me to complain about the Jeremy Hill pick in hindsight though. 

There has to be some sort of targeting of players who cost more in FA in the draft. It just makes logical sense. LT-QB-CB-WR-DE. Then in FA you go LB-RB-TE-G-C-DT-S

In 2009 the Bengals had a massive void at TE... remember JP Foschi? A stud TE was exactly what the Bengals needed in 2010.

In 2012 there was an obvious need to add offensive weaponry. Tyler Eifert was the best offensive weapon in the board in 2013. 

Last I saw of him was a signed framed Bengals photo at Lombardi's Pizza in NYC lol.

I waited all fucking month to be told we are looking at Hawk and Fasano on the first day of free agency. Fml

Hey,  we got action on the FIRST DAY of Free Agency.   Factor in Jacoby Jones visited a week ago.      Hey now MB slow down here we just want some impactful players don't need to go all Dan Synder on us!!!!!

Tyler Eifert was not the best offensive weapon on the board, that is laughable. He had 450 or so yards of total offense as a rookie and is not a true offensive threat. Coradelle Patterson has 3392 all purpose yards in that time frame. Eifert dropped to us for a reason, he doesn't scare anyone. Nice tight end, nothing more.

Gentlemen (and I am using the term loosely) can we please cut out the high school bullshit?

If you don't like someone's opinion, try agreeing to disagree or put them on ignore if you can't manage to have an adult - like discourse with them.

Last time I will give a general admonition, I'm trying to be patient due to it being the off season, but you guys are being ridiculous.

I have to get to chemsitry class so there's not much time to type this hangin out in the hall before Mr. Belding catches me but....

Waiting around on Eifert is similar to Margus Hunt becoming  super duper DE.   Just note there is some risk to this replacement plan of Gresh.

Cool,  just learned we are having Pizza today and you can see the outline of Ginni's panties through her skirt....Epic day today.   Catch ya later Brahs

Tyler Eifert was not the best offensive weapon on the board, that is laughable. He had 450 or so yards of total offense as a rookie and is not a true offensive threat. Coradelle Patterson has 3392 all purpose yards in that time frame. Eifert dropped to us for a reason, he doesn't scare anyone. Nice tight end, nothing more.

Judging by this thread he scares alot of people.

I have to get to chemsitry class so there's not much time to type this hangin out in the hall before Mr. Belding catches me but....

Waiting around on Eifert is similar to Margus Hunt becoming  super duper DE.   Just note there is some risk to this replacement plan of Gresh.

Cool,  just learned we are having Pizza today and you can see the outline of Ginni's panties through her skirt....Epic day today.   Catch ya later Brahs

Detention for you young man!

Levity is fine... immature bullshit is not.

So you would have spent your #1 on a glorified kick returner.  In 2013, when they both had a full year, they had similar stats from a receiving perspective with Tyler actually having a better yards per catch rating, and Coradelle actually seemed to regress last season.  Tyler may not have been the "Best" Offensive weapon, but he was definitely the more polished receiver, and the Bengals selecting him is not "Laughable.

Eifert lays it all on the line. Gresham sits out a playoff game because he has a boo boo.

Nuff said.

lol....lays it all on the line....yeah you mean when he was sitting out the entire season because of an injury but was posting videos of him playing hockey with Cyclones a week after the Super Bowl....give me a break that bs...Eifert lays it all on the line, what does that even mean? How does Eifert lay it all on the line exactly, because you want him too...

http://youtu.be/IQgdJbmdL0E

Funny how you will dismiss Gresham's injury as a boo boo, as if you even know what kind of injury he had..but Eifert misses the whole year because of an injury he suffered in September and a week after the Super Bowl he's healthy enough to play hockey.

Just admit you hate Gresham and your baised against him because he's not Jimmy Graham or Rob Gronkowski...never mind he doesn't have Tom Brady or Drew Brees and isn't given the same opportunities as those guys..

So you would have spent your #1 on a glorified kick returner.  In 2013, when they both had a full year, they had similar stats from a receiving perspective with Tyler actually having a better yards per catch rating, and Coradelle actually seemed to regress last season.  Tyler may not have been the "Best" Offensive weapon, but he was definitely the more polished receiver, and the Bengals selecting him is not "Laughable.

Trying to say he was the best offensive weapon on the board is laughable if you look at it objectively.   3,392 all purpose yards speaks for itself.

Hindsight being what it is,  yes I would have spent my 1st rounder on Patterson knowing we just lost a playoff game with Burkhead lining up at WR.

BAB, your suggestion was Cameron?  Why?  One injury prone TE isn't enough?   I mean, I am all for upgrading any position, but your main argument against Tyler is exactly the same argument against Cameron.  

Due to his actually performing in the league. Its not the exact same thing. Did Cameron have surgery on his shoulder after the season was over? Su r he has his own issues, but they're not even close to the same issue. Cameron has proven to be a good player. Eifert has proven nothing

A d it's not so much just the player. Its the fact that the Bengals are just rolling with it. Letting Gresh go and running with the unproven injury prone dude...doesn't seem smart man. We even know if this dude will be ready for mini camps? TC?

Trying to say he was the best offensive weapon on the board is laughable if you look at it objectively.   3,392 all purpose yards speaks for itself.

Hindsight being what it is,  yes I would have spent my 1st rounder on Patterson knowing we just lost a playoff game with Burkhead lining up at WR.

Trying to act like he's a great receiver, when your all purpose yard stat is almost entirely kick and punt returns is what's laughable.  We got 3038 over the same period from the two headed combo of Tate/Jones. 

The Bengals did not need another TE, certainly not one costing a first round pick.

Trying to act like he's a great receiver, when your all purpose yard stat is almost entirely kick and punt returns is what's laughable.  We got 3038 over the same period from the two headed combo of Tate/Jones. 

they said offesnive weapon.      There's nothing in the rule book that says Tyler Eifer can't return punts or kickoffs. 

His skill and availability have proven to be much inferior to Cordelle Patterson. 

Return yards are offesne and that has to be factored into a statement claiming he's the best offesnive weapon on the board.  

Due to his actually performing in the league. Its not the exact same thing. Did Cameron have surgery on his shoulder after the season was over? Su r he has his own issues, but they're not even close to the same issue. Cameron has proven to be a good player. Eifert has proven nothing

A d it's not so much just the player. Its the fact that the Bengals are just rolling with it. Letting Gresh go and running with the unproven injury prone dude...doesn't seem smart man. We even know if this dude will be ready for mini camps? TC?

BTW, Cameron was a 4th rounder, not a first. Also, I am not bashing Eifert, I am calling out the Bengals for using a first round pick on a player they didn't need and at a position that isn't of first round value.

they said offesnive weapon.      There's nothing in the rule book that says Tyler Eifer can't return punts or kickoffs. 

His skill and availability have proven to be much inferior to Cordelle Patterson. 

Return yards are offesne and that has to be factored into a statement claiming he's the best offesnive weapon on the board.  

They wanted a receiving weapon for Andy Dalton. Don't be pedantic, you know exactly what I meant. That was the biggest need on the team during the 2013 draft and they took the best option. Patterson may be a great returner but he is NOT a great or even very good receiver. 

Archived