Who would you rather have? Fairley or MJ

52 members have voted

1. 1. Fairley or MJ?

• Fairley
    • MJ

We all know it's either or.... Personally it would be MJ for me. He is a known quantity who played well when he was here....and stayed healthy. I think people pay way too much attention to his sack numbers. He caused a lot of havoc in the backfield for opposing teams.

Fairley scares me because he was playing next to the best DT in football and he has a tendency to take plays off and get hurt.

Fairley, only because I feel like I've been giving a false choice, but must choose. 

I like the possibility of what Fairely brings, I do. 

I also know that MJ has had ample oppurtunity to prove himself here, and elsewhere -- and was never good enough.

I can't handle good enough anymore, let alone those who fall short because of familiarity, etc.  We need playmakers who will show up in crunch time in the biggest way. 

TBH, Fairley is iffy in that regard.  He certainly showed up in the national championship game (he outright took it over).  And when he's plugged in, he's clearly a force to be reckoned with.  But he's also very risky.

But I'm willing go roll the dice, because I know the status quo hasn't led to the desired results. 

I would have preferred Jarid Odrick, but he's gone.  I may still prefer some other DT that I'm not thinking about.  But what I do know is that we have to send a message to this team, loud and clear, that status quo is not acceptable. Established vets need to fear for their jobs more than they have done here.

IMO, you bring back a guy like MJ -- especially if you pay him too much, and you just keep reinforcing the message that has been the bedrock princple of that status quo for too long now. 

But fuck these guys anyway.

Unleash the Kracken!!

If I had to choose it would be MJ. But I want both. 

This his how I feel, give me both.
I would choose MJ though over Fairley only because I think the odds in the draft of getting a DT that can contribute early are greater than getting a DE that can.

These aren't elite level ducking free agents. These are guys with blemishes and you should easily find a way to get both. This is ducking mind boggling. We are going to pay Leon hall nine million to follow behind a Wr as he runs into the end zone and not get what could be a disruptive as duck dt God the worst pass rush in the league. Duck you duck you duck you. Your cool. Duck you.
The Seahawks went to the super bowl and then traded for jimmy graham.
The colts beat us then got frank gore and Andre Johnson and Kendall Langford.

Maybe we should stop worrying about eventually extending a bunch of guys who can't win shit and think About trying to find new guys who can.

These aren't elite level ducking free agents. These are guys with blemishes and you should easily find a way to get both. This is ducking mind boggling. We are going to pay Leon hall nine million to follow behind a Wr as he runs into the end zone and not get what could be a disruptive as duck dt God the worst pass rush in the league. Duck you duck you duck you. Your cool. Duck you.
The Seahawks went to the super bowl and then traded for jimmy graham.
The colts beat us then got frank gore and Andre Johnson and Kendall Langford.
Maybe we should stop worrying about eventually extending a bunch of guys who can't win shit and think About trying to find new guys who can.

I Ducking agree!

MJ.  At least with him I know he's giving his all on every play.  And while he may not get a ton of sacks, he does everything else well.  Tips balls, plays the run, and gets pressure if not the sack.

And honestly I like the DTs in this draft more than the DEs.

MJ.

1) I think he causes plenty of disruption, both creating pressure and using his length to force adjustments (either batting balls or forcing QBs to adjust pass trajectory on screens).
2) He knows our system and fits in it. NFL systems are tough puzzles to figure out, so when you have a piece that fits, it's gives that player an edge.
3) Meshes well in the locker room. We all know the stories about him still being on the group text. I like a reunion there. Keep the locker room strong and blossoming.

All that said, I'd love both, but the question is to pick one.

I have a feeling that Fairley will be a huge disappointment to whatever team he signs with. There is too much talk about his work ethic not being good. Those things usually don't get better after a player gets paid.

MJ will be on a mission to prove that he is a good player after TB cut him. I would choose MJ.

Probably not a choice of which one anymore.  They've slapped the potential new girlfriend in the face by becoming interested again in the ex girlfriend as she's back on the market realizing she's missed you.  AND YOU CANNOT HAVE BOTH!

I've been thinking this since the "stall" article.  Well put.

I broke the tie, for now. I had to go with MJ due to knowing what we get with him. We know he is going to give us his all, and as interesting as the possibility of getting fairly is I just don't like what I have been hearing out of Detroit about him... That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to give him a chance though. I would be good with either.

Fairly simply doesnt impress me that much. At least I know the old girlfriend puts out and swallows.

Fact is I don't think either is that great  but will be replacing below average starters. Fuck it Fairley replacing Peko makes d line better.

Both of course.

MJ if I only get 1.    Why?   Because MJ is an outside free agent but he isn't.   So if he BUSTS the Bengals really can't blame free agency model because they drafted him and he's spent the majority of time in their system.

Fairley - love to have him.   Tons of upside.   Bunch of downside.   I would hate to get only him and have to spend the next decade hearing from Hobson about how they went after big Free Agents and have Antonio Bryant and Fairley thrown in our face as if the expectation somehow is 100% are supposed to work and because of that we don't sign free agents anymore.  

Archived