* Add some DGB to your Green *

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be ok with DGB in Rd 1?

• Hell yeah!
    • possibly, depending on who's there
    • No

Now with MJ's signing, I think WR is even more of an option and possibility in Rd 1 (DGB) or 2 (Funchess).

No to both.  If Parker is somehow still there at 21 I'd do it.

But I think 21 will be an OT, and possibly a WR like Agholor in 2.  A speed guy who can return kicks.

No to both.  If Parker is somehow still there at 21 I'd do it.

But I think 21 will be an OT, and possibly a WR like Agholor in 2.  A speed guy who can return kicks.

I could see this, but if one of the top 3 wrs falls to us, I see us taking him easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Dorial Green-Beckham shows No. 1 WR potential at pro day

--> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000478327/article/dorial-greenbeckham-shows-no-1-wr-potential-at-pro-day

Dorial Green-Beckham created quite a buzz with his spectacular performance at the NFL Scouting Combine a few weeks ago. Scouts left Indianapolis impressed with his size, athleticism and natural ball skills as a receiver. Most important, in meetings, Green-Beckham reportedly owned up to his transgressions of the past and displayed enough humility to alter the perception of his character flaws.

I voted hell yeah. Im sorry go but we are not even in the top 15 with our wrs. To say aj...marv...and sanu are the best in the league is downright crazy. Not to mention beyond them we literally have nobody behind them.  I think wright has potential but we are extremely thin at wr.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486076/article/bengals-49ers-bring-wr-dorial-greenbeckham-in-for-visit

One of the 2015 NFL Draft's most interesting prospects is racking up the frequent flyer miles in a bid to convince teams he is worth a first-round pick.

Former Oklahoma/Missouri wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham made a pair of visits with wide receiver-needy teams, according to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport and Albert Breer, stopping by theBengals on Thursday and the 49ers before that.

Green-Beckham represents an intriguing possibility for each franchise. A former No. 1 overall recruit who displayed plenty of potential in the limited time he was on the field in college, the 6-foot-5, 237-pound pass catcher has drawn comparisons to everybody from Calvin Johnson to Julio Jones to Plaxico Burress.

While such talent would normally put a player automatically in the first round, there are several off-the-field issues Green-Beckham has to contend with that could cause him to fall until the second night of the draft.

Back in 2014, Green-Beckham was dismissed from Missouri after being the subject of a burglary and assault investigation by police in which he allegedly pushed a female down some stairs during the incident. He didn't face charges from the incident but did wind up transferring to Oklahoma, where he spent an entire season on the practice squad before declaring early for the draft. Throw in being arrested twice for marijuana-related incidents and there's plenty of research interested teams will want to do on "DGB" in order to determine if he's the right fit.

NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock ranks Green-Beckham as the No. 5 wide receiver in the draft in his updated positional rankings, and fellow analyst Bucky Brooks sees the young player as being a fit for the 49ers in particular. In Cincinnati, Green-Beckham could team up opposite A.J. Green to form a dangerous pass-catching tandem that would give opposing defenses plenty of fits.

The 49ers pick No. 15 overall, which might be early to draft Green-Beckham given his issues. Would he still be available when the 49ers pick in the second round (No. 46 overall)? That remains to be seen. The Bengals have done their fair share of reclamation projects when it comes to troubled players, so DGB could be an option at No. 21 overall or later.

One thing is for certain, though, Green-Beckham is likely doing everything he can on these visits to convince teams he's not going to have repeat incidents when he gets to the league.

You can follow Bryan Fischer on Twitter at @BryanDFischer.

Interesting. First interview I've ever seen with him. Hard to get a read one way or the other. There's a lot of similarities to Dez Bryant. For the most part, things have worked out well with Dez, but the Cowboys also paid a guy to basically follow him around and take care of him for the past 3 or 4 years after he got into a lot of off field stuff early on in Dallas. I can't see the Bengals doing something like that and who knows if he would handle all of the money and freedom of really being out on his own very well.

Off topic a bit, but I can't recommend highly enough the Shane Ray segment on Draft Academy. Just a crazy story. His dad was a star pass rusher at Mizzou and made the NFL for a few years. He left Shane and his mom when Shane was 1 and they grew up in a terrible neighborhood with no money. His dad would always claim he was going to show up to stuff but never did and eventually landed in jail. Shane went to Mizzou to make his dad happy/proud but his dad didn't even show up for his commitment ceremony and he was just devastated by it. So he had all of his dad's old Mizzou press clippings hanging on his wall (including the all-time Mizzou single season sack record) and he used them as his motivation to try to erase his dad's name from the Mizzou record books. He wanted to take his dad's achievements and legacy away as a big old fuck you to his piece of shit absentee dad. And he went out and did it, setting a new Mizzou single season sack record. I don't really think Ray is going to be a good pro, but I'm rooting for him. That's some serious daddy issues to deal with.

Dorial Green-Beckham taking pre-draft visit to Chiefs

By Mike Huguenin

College Football 24/7 writer

Published: April 21, 2015 

Wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham is visiting Tuesday with the Kansas City Chiefs -- a team that needs a wide receiver and could take one in the first round.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the news on Green-Beckham. He also reports that Green-Beckham met Monday with the Miami Dolphins, who also are in the market for a wide receiver.

Green-Beckham's story is well-known: He is one of the most athletically gifted receivers in this draft class -- he's 6-foot-5 and 237 pounds, has a 33.5-inch vertical jump and was clocked at 4.49 in the 40 at the combine -- but his off-field issues should give teams pause. He was kicked off Missouri's team after repeated transgressions and ended up at Oklahoma, where he did not play in 2014 because of transfer rules.

Kansas City -- which picks 18th -- certainly would be intrigued by Green-Beckham's skill set. The Chiefs signed free agent Jeremy Maclin last month, but the rest of their receiving corps is relatively nondescript, with guys such as Jason Avant. No Chiefs wide receiver caught a TD pass last season, an embarrassing stat in today's NFL. The Chiefs also will be on the lookout for help along the offensive and defensive lines.

Green-Beckham is from Springfield, Mo., which is about 160 miles from Kansas City.

Miami, meanwhile, also could snag a wide receiver in the first round. The Dolphins pick 14th, which seems too early for Green-Beckham.

The video at this link below has DGB being a good fit for the Bengals ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486787/article/rapoport-dorial-greenbeckham-meeting-with-kansas-city-chiefs

So far DGB has had visits with the ...

Vikings (11)

Dolphins (14)

49ers (15)

Chiefs (18)

Bengals (21)

:17:   I'm getting afraid he will be gone before the Bengals pick ... :12:

He'd be worth trading up for though imo ... him and Gregory are the only 2 players I believe that would be.

Thing is, this guy has a superstar in AJ to learn how to do this shit the right way. I mean, unless he's just a psycopath, his past year has to have humbled him some. Let AJ take him under his wing and they can help each other out.

Not even saying we should draft him though. Would AJ even wanna babysit this muhfucka. Would it even be worth it if Andy is still throwing the ball to him. Who knows man

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/4/21/8462349/the-resurrection-of-dorial-green-beckham

Long read. 5000 words apparently.  We see this kinds of articles all of the time, but after reading I'm sold. I'd be happy with him at 21.

I'd take him too. Albert Breer recently said he thinks he is going in the teens or early 20s of the draft, so I think it's becoming clear that he wouldn't be much of a reach. 

I also feel like the theory that the WR class is so deep you'll be able to get very good players later is starting to come unraveled a little bit. We're now talking about guys like Breshad Perriman and Nelson Agholor going in the mid-1st. Philip Dorsett late 1st. Devin Smith in the top 40. There's a very real possibility that we see a huge run on WRs in the first 50 picks (after seeing how big an impact rookie WRs made last year) such that if we decide to pass on WR at 21, there won't be any real instant impact options at 53 so the Bengals then either reach for a 3rd round talent at 53 or wait. And then by 85 the WR board could be thoroughly depleted and there's nothing left but projects. 

Anyway, DGB is fairly high on my board. Right alongside guys like Malcolm Brown, La'el Collins, Danny Shelton, etc. as one of the preferred options at 21.

This is Randy Moss all over again ... every scout knows deep down inside that DGB is the best of the class, yet because of off the field bullshit they are all going to look dumb in 5 years when he is an all-pro and everyone says "Can't believe my team passed on him!"

I wouldn't even be shocked if the Raiders took DGB at #4 ... the Draft gurus would wail and think "Same old Raiders obsessed with size/speed" but actually to me it would show very positively on them and that they are actually heading in the right direction.

Archived