Pete Rose has filed for reinstatement

Jamie_B

Unfortunately I always thought he won't make it in until he dies, and then there will be a swell of support that will carry him into the Hall. It would be nice for him to at least get reinstated before he does so he can live to see a little redemption.

I've thought the same, but you'd think he wouldnt even try to get this if he didnt think he had a chance at it.

Hope its not a case of new comish being a douche

Yeah, I would hope he has a chance at reinstatement, but something tells me the sportswriters are going to remain pricks until after he dies..

Yeah, I would hope he has a chance at reinstatement, but something tells me the sportswriters are going to remain pricks until after he dies..

I think a realistic scenario is something in the middle.  He gets allowed to be voted on for the Hall of Fame as a player, but he remains banned from holding any position related to baseball and limited to special appearances at GABP for the Reds.

I think a realistic scenario is something in the middle.  He gets allowed to be voted on for the Hall of Fame as a player, but he remains banned from holding any position related to baseball and limited to special appearances at GABP for the Reds.

I think that's the most fair solution honestly.

Like I said, I think there is a good chance the commish is going to reinstate him into baseball. That doesn't mean he will ever be allowed to manage again. But it will allow him to appear as his own likeness, appear in a Jersey and take part in Baseball events. This also allows him to be voted on into HOF's (Reds and MLB), but I just think the sportswriters aren't going to vote him in until after he dies. There is a pretty big sentiment from them that Pete is a dirt-bag.

Remember, that during the day he was kind of like Hines Ward (although a FAR better player for his sport). He was hated by all the teams that played us because of the way he played the game. There are many that will never forgive him for ending Ray Fosse's career by running him over at an All Star game. As loved as he is in Cinci, he is also vilified elsewhere.

I really hope I am wrong.

i dont think it will be after he dies, unless he dies young, as it will only take long enough for the old ass pricks to die before him, no one 40 and under is an stingy as the old bats who never vote guys in first ballet no matter what, etc...

baseball hof sports writers vote is a pathetic system of snobby twats...

IMO

Like I said, I think there is a good chance the commish is going to reinstate him into baseball. That doesn't mean he will ever be allowed to manage again. But it will allow him to appear as his own likeness, appear in a Jersey and take part in Baseball events. This also allows him to be voted on into HOF's (Reds and MLB), but I just think the sportswriters aren't going to vote him in until after he dies. There is a pretty big sentiment from them that Pete is a dirt-bag.

Remember, that during the day he was kind of like Hines Ward (although a FAR better player for his sport). He was hated by all the teams that played us because of the way he played the game. There are many that will never forgive him for ending Ray Fosse's career by running him over at an All Star game. As loved as he is in Cinci, he is also vilified elsewhere.

I really hope I am wrong.

That's because he is a dirt-bag. I know he isnt the only one, but the guy charges for his autograph, IIRC there was a time he was setting up shop outside and across the street of the HOF during the ceremonies charging for memorabilia. 

As a person Pete Rose is a giant douchebag.

As a player he deserves to be in the HOF.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived