Donald Trump to launch exploratory committee for a potenital 2016 run

Go Skins

1 hour ago, Enon Bengal said:

With the choices we have in this election, we've got both options covered..

bullshit.  Unless you're saying Drumf is both.  How in the Hell anyone with any firing synapses is voting for Drumf is mindboggeling to me.  

8 hours ago, kennethmw said:

bullshit.  Unless you're saying Drumf is both.  How in the Hell anyone with any firing synapses is voting for Drumf is mindboggeling to me.  

Naw he's right

unless your ok with a war mongering corporatist who's husband's crime bill is directly responsible for so much of the black youth being treated like shit

Just sad that the other option is an actual bigot 

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Naw he's right

unless your ok with a war mongering corporatist who's husband's crime bill is directly responsible for so much of the black youth being treated like shit

Just sad that the other option is an actual bigot 

He's not right.  You just happen to still be a disgruntled little berniebot.  

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/clint-eastwood-says-he’d-choose-donald-trump-over-hillary-clinton/ar-BBve1Qu?ocid=ansmsnnews11

Clint Eastwood says that he hasn’t endorsed any candidate for president, but given a choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, he’d choose the latter.

“That’s a tough one, isn’t it? I’d have to go for Trump … you know, ’cause she’s declared that she’s gonna follow in Obama’s footsteps,” Eastwood says in Esquire’s September issue. “There’s been just too much funny business on both sides of the aisle. She’s made a lot of dough out of being a politician. I gave up dough to be a politician. I’m sure that Ronald Reagan gave up dough to be a politician.”

Eastwood was clear that he hasn’t endorsed anyone — “I haven’t talked to Trump. I haven’t talked to anybody.” — but he was praiseworthy of the Republican nominee for being “onto something, because secretly everybody’s getting tired of political correctness, kissing up.”

getting tired of political correctness, kissing up = Getting tired of not being able to say racist/misogynistic/bigoted shit without being called out on it.

Some times the only option is to wait for people to die off.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/opinion/campaign-stops/i-ran-the-cia-now-im-endorsing-hillary-clinton.html?_r=0

I Ran the C.I.A. Now I’m Endorsing Hillary Clinton.

Photo

During a 33-year career at the Central Intelligence Agency, I served presidents of both parties — three Republicans and three Democrats. I was at President George W. Bush’s side when we were attacked on Sept. 11; as deputy director of the agency, I was with President Obama when we killed Osama bin Laden in 2011.

I am neither a registered Democrat nor a registered Republican. In my 40 years of voting, I have pulled the lever for candidates of both parties. As a government official, I have always been silent about my preference for president.

No longer. On Nov. 8, I will vote for Hillary Clinton. Between now and then, I will do everything I can to ensure that she is elected as our 45th president.

Two strongly held beliefs have brought me to this decision. First, Mrs. Clinton is highly qualified to be commander in chief. I trust she will deliver on the most important duty of a president — keeping our nation safe. Second, Donald J. Trump is not only unqualified for the job, but he may well pose a threat to our national security.

I spent four years working with Mrs. Clinton when she was secretary of state, most often in the White House Situation Room. In these critically important meetings, I found her to be prepared, detail-oriented, thoughtful, inquisitive and willing to change her mind if presented with a compelling argument.

I also saw the secretary’s commitment to our nation’s security; her belief that America is an exceptional nation that must lead in the world for the country to remain secure and prosperous; her understanding that diplomacy can be effective only if the country is perceived as willing and able to use force if necessary; and, most important, her capacity to make the most difficult decision of all — whether to put young American women and men in harm’s way.

Mrs. Clinton was an early advocate of the raid that brought Bin Laden to justice, in opposition to some of her most important colleagues on the National Security Council. During the early debates about how we should respond to the Syrian civil war, she was a strong proponent of a more aggressive approach, one that might have prevented the Islamic State from gaining a foothold in Syria.

I never saw her bring politics into the Situation Room. In fact, I saw the opposite. When some wanted to delay the Bin Laden raid by one day because the White House Correspondents Dinner might be disrupted, she said, “Screw the White House Correspondents Dinner.”

In sharp contrast to Mrs. Clinton, Mr. Trump has no experience on national security. Even more important, the character traits he has exhibited during the primary season suggest he would be a poor, even dangerous, commander in chief.

These traits include his obvious need for self-aggrandizement, his overreaction to perceived slights, his tendency to make decisions based on intuition, his refusal to change his views based on new information, his routine carelessness with the facts, his unwillingness to listen to others and his lack of respect for the rule of law.

The dangers that flow from Mr. Trump’s character are not just risks that would emerge if he became president. It is already damaging our national security.

President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia was a career intelligence officer, trained to identify vulnerabilities in an individual and to exploit them. That is exactly what he did early in the primaries. Mr. Putin played upon Mr. Trump’s vulnerabilities by complimenting him. He responded just as Mr. Putin had calculated.

Mr. Putin is a great leader, Mr. Trump says, ignoring that he has killed and jailed journalists and political opponents, has invaded two of his neighbors and is driving his economy to ruin. Mr. Trump has also taken policy positions consistent with Russian, not American, interests — endorsing Russian espionage against the United States, supporting Russia’s annexation of Crimea and giving a green light to a possible Russian invasion of the Baltic States.

In the intelligence business, we would say that Mr. Putin had recruited Mr. Trump as an unwitting agent of the Russian Federation.

Mr. Trump has also undermined security with his call for barring Muslims from entering the country. This position, which so clearly contradicts the foundational values of our nation, plays into the hands of the jihadist narrative that our fight against terrorism is a war between religions.

In fact, many Muslim Americans play critical roles in protecting our country, including the man, whom I cannot identify, who ran the C.I.A.’s Counterterrorism Center for nearly a decade and who I believe is most responsible for keeping America safe since the Sept. 11 attacks.

My training as an intelligence officer taught me to call it as I see it. This is what I did for the C.I.A. This is what I am doing now. Our nation will be much safer with Hillary Clinton as president.

http://www.nationalobserver.com/2016/08/01/analysis/whats-written-scars-hillary-clinton

What's written in the scars of Hillary Clinton
By Sandy Garossino in Analysis | August 1st 2016
#43 of 44 articles from the Special Report:
U.S. Presidential Election 2016

Admit it. Even if you support Hillary Clinton, some part of you secretly wishes some other woman *cough, Michelle Obama or Elizabeth Warren,* could be the first female president. You’re worried, because Clinton’s favourability numbers (38%) are in the cellar, and pollsters everywhere are saying she’s the least popular Democratic presidential candidate since anyone started counting.

The girls and young women we want to be inspired by this moment aren’t. They’ve flocked to Bernie Sanders, who’s much more trusted.

Let’s face it, we want girls and young women to look into the future and see a clear blue sky, and Hillary—well, Hillary just seems like damaged goods.

If we really want our girls and young women to aim high, we should tell them the truth. They’re in for a fight, and there won’t be anything fair about it.

Because we’re telling them the biggest fattest lie in the world if we let them believe that Hillary Clinton's main problem is Hillary Clinton. Her problem is her gender.

Any other woman stepping up for this role would be attacked just as viciously and effectively as Hillary Clinton has been. And other women won't necessarily stand up for her when she is.

Until she ran for president, Clinton was the most admired woman in the world

This might surprise you now, but according to Gallup, in 2015 Americans admired Hillary Clinton more than any other woman in the world. More than Michelle Obama, Malala Yousafzai or Oprah.

A lot more.

And Clinton didn’t just top the list in 2015, but she’s topped it each of the last 14 years, and 20 years overall. That’s the best record for any man or woman since Gallup began polling this question in 1948. And those numbers matched Clinton's extraordinarily high approval rating during her tenure as Secretary of State, when she reached a high of 66%. That’s far above anything Barack Obama achieved in his entire presidency, and it’s well above even Michelle Obama today.

So what the hell happened? The woman ran for president, that’s what. Who does she think she is?

Look no further than Clinton’s media coverage.

Negative media coverage flipped perception

Harvard Kennedy School's Shorenstein Center reports that in comparison with all other candidates, coverage of Hillary Clinton went overwhelmingly negative, with 84% of stories taking a negative slant. That compares with 43% negative reporting on Donald Trump and 17% on Bernie Sanders.

To put it another way, the most qualified presidential candidate in history got twice the negative media as a racist four-time bankrupt con artist who is manifestly unfit for public office.

And Trump won HUUGE on earned media, garnering an estimated $2 billion in free coverage for his campaign, just by February alone--more than twice the coverage accorded Hillary.

In media today, traffic drives profits which drive content. Once it became clear she was going to seek the presidency, hateful or negative stories about Hillary went viral. So the media kept it coming and never stopped. Just as birtherism reinforced Obama's "foreignness,” the internet became a closed circle of the collective subconscious and misogyny.

And it worked. Her approval ratings dropped like a rock.

Like every other male presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton has baggage, but hers draws a nearly hysterical public and media response.

Look at the ugliness of the Republican convention, where the delegates were blood-thirsty. Bernie’s supporters weren’t much better at the Democratic Convention. They swooned for Obama and Biden, who share her record, and screamed at Clinton. Even Susan Sarandon famously says that Hillary would be more dangerous than Donald Trump. What are these people smoking?

The frenzy of hatred Hillary Clinton inspires is not unique to her, because it’s not about her. It would happen to any woman, and our girls deserve to know this. Because what’s happened to Hillary mirrors the swarming harassment and misogyny that young women experience every day online.

Clinton objectively rated the most honest candidate, yet is perceived as dishonest

Objectively speaking, Clinton is not corrupt and dishonest and she didn’t rig the nomination.

She’s been rated by Politifact, the Pulitzer-prize-winning fact-checkers, as more honest than every other major candidate.

And despite being widely perceived as a puppet of Wall Street, her Senate voting record is rated mainstream progressive--more progressive than Joe Biden's or Barack Obama's.

Nate Silver ranks her record in liberal terms as comparable to Elizabeth Warren, and not at all distant from Bernie Sanders.

Jill Abramson, the former editor-in-chief of the New York Times who has covered Clinton for decades, should be required reading on the subject of Clinton's fundamental honesty.

Even on the explosive issue of her emails, Clinton was singled out for special condemnation. Both Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice followed a similar approach to Clinton’s. Yet after months of virtually non-stop negative coverage, in defiance of all independent assessments, it's almost an accepted fact that she's more dishonest than any of her colleagues or predecessors.

Hmmm, woman as liar. What an awfully familiar stereotype.

So, here we are, 98 days from the election.

The most qualified candidate in history could lose to the least

The most qualified presidential candidate in history is running against the least qualified, and it’s a close race!

Older women are sitting back nodding, because they’ve seen this movie before. For older women, this campaign is like a looping sing-along Sound of Music, and they know all the words.

Luckily, Hillary has been doing this backward and in high heels for decades.

If Hillary Clinton stands on the doorstep of history today, it’s because she aimed high and fought for it with fierce intelligence and fearless determination. It took steel and guts to get where she is, and fire too. It took wisdom, clear-eyed realism and the toughness to fail and get back up, over and over again. It took a cast-iron stomach and the skin of a rhino.

It took every quality a president needs.

Our girls can handle the truth, and they deserve to know it.

If there's a roadmap to becoming the first woman president of the United States, it's written in the scars on Hillary Rodham Clinton.

4 hours ago, Lucid said:

If you took a poll...probably the 4 things people trust less than Hillary Clinton would be U.S Congress, the CIA, the Washington Post and the New York Times in no particular order

26 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

If you took a poll...probably the 4 things people trust less than Hillary Clinton would be U.S Congress, the CIA, the Washington Post and the New York Times in no particular order

Give me a break.

16 hours ago, westside bengal said:

And that's because most people aren't smart enough to have their own thoughts, they are force fed their knowledge from their media sources.  And for conservatives, that's mostly Faux.

44 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

And that's because most people aren't smart enough to have their own thoughts, they are force fed their knowledge from their media sources.  And for conservatives, that's mostly Faux.

i dont disagree at all.  I remember when reporters actually just "reported" the news and left it up to us to form our own opinions.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

That moment when people who lived through the Old Jim Crow are voting for the people that brought us the new one.

The moment when you think your white privilege allows you to know the real struggle.  I bet you tell your friends "Assalamu Alaikum" cause you so down with the struggle.:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

The moment when you think your white privilege allows you to know the real struggle.  I bet you tell your friends "Assalamu Alaikum" cause you so down with the struggle.:rolleyes:

*sniff, sniff*

I smell something sour

Archived