Bengals Hosting WR Denarius Moore

Hate to be a pessimist here, but with how much the first four guys on the depth chart have been injured, I think its a good idea to not get caught with our pants down again this year.

Great signing IMO. 

At the end of last years playoff game i was saying this team badly needs one more decent wide out. Now their pretty solid four deep on the WR chart, could make it a solid five deep with the draft. 

You are correct, Catfish Bob, and with our TE's ability to quickly get open with his speed, Andy will be looking good.

Neither this signing nor Tate would prevent me from drafting Agholor, Dorsett, or Lockett though. But they no longer "have" to reach for one.

I'd throw Crowder in with that group also, he might go a little later than the rest but he's definitely on their radar IMO......#99 might be the spot. 

I'd throw Crowder in with that group also, he might go a little later than the rest but he's definitelyarrow-10x10.png on their radar IMO......#99 might be the spot. 

Crowder has good quickness and kick return ability, but I don't think he has the top end speed they want.

Best response ever?

No chance

He doesnt have to be perfect. He has a WR2 upside with literally a cut downside. Seems like a brilliant signing to me. Now go get Housler.

Good chance, but the haterade won't let you see it. You do tend to have compromised vision.

This. I'd be shocked if they don't take a WR on the 1st or 2nd day of the draft. But you're definitely right that it's no longer a situation where they absolutely have to take a WR or two to fill out a depth chart. 

Some may disagree, but I think as of today, the most likely breakdown of the WR depth chart is:

1. AJ Green-

2. Marvin Jones

3/4. Mohammed Sanu and 2nd or 3rd round rookie-

5. James Wright-

6. Moore or a rookie or Tate-

I agree they still need to draft one more on the first day.

1,AJ

2.Jones

3.Sanu

4.Moore

5.Rookie

6.Wright

Crowder has good quickness and kick return ability, but I don't think he has the top end speed they want.

lol they're looking for a slot receiver/kick returner, not a #1 WR.......not sure how "top end speed" really plays into it, especially when we're talking about a 3-4th rd pick. 

lol they're looking for a slot receiver/kick returner, not a #1 WR.......not sure how "top end speed" really plays into it, especially when we're talking about a 3-4th rd pick.

Hue has said specifically he is looking for speed. Someone to "take the top off the defense".

I am of the opinion that anything that improves the Bengals roster is a win.  Moore improves the roster.  I can't say he is a great WR2 but certainly is better than WR3 Tate, Sanzenbacher, or Wright.  He is surely faster than Sanu or Tate but can he catch?  I would take a healthy Jones over him but he does have some potential and experience at the NFL level.  Only a 1st round rookie WR would beat out this signing IMO and that is not likely to happen.

I salute the Bengals for using their relationships around the league and trying to better prepare for the draft this year.  I for one really appreciate the front office making an effort to get the key players we need to fill out the roster this off season.  Surprisingly good for the Bengals indeed.  For those that are complaining about everything..methinks you just like to do so or perhaps to hear yourself talk.  From my perspective, the coaches and staff have made a real effort and I appreciate it as a fan. 

Wright flashed in the extremely limited opportunities that he had last year.  So funny to see all of you football experts relegating him to the #6 spot or even the bench because of his draft slot.  Moore's obviously a different kind of receiver, but don't sleep on Wright.

my surprise late round guy is mario alford. didn't run real well at the combine (4.43), because he couldn't get his starts right, but followed it up with a 4.27 at his pro day. ran a 4.07 short shuttle, 6.64  3 cone. despite being a 5'8" 180 lb guy the dude is fearless, with a great set of hands. with all the attention kevin white received, alford was the "other guy" WVU consistently leaned on this year. he'd be an excellent addition on special teams as a returner and gunner, all the while saving some of the wear and tear on our earlier WR, who'll also likely be a small quick guy (yes, i expect 2 WRs). having multiple guys who can play returner is a good thing and little mario alford is a guy i really like.

Wright flashed in the extremely limited opportunities that he had last year.  So funny to see all of you football experts relegating him to the #6 spot or even the bench because of his draft slot.  Moore's obviously a different kind of receiver, but don't sleep on Wright.

wright is a guy who'll make the team. moore has a lot to prove before he can make that claim. mark it down.

Alford is probably the better valued Phillip Dorsett.  Both guys are blazing fast, small (alford much smaller, obviously), and are suprisingly not short area quickness guys - something I think we could really use.  That said, the profile on Alford suggests he can become a better route runner...

• 4 months later...

I'm surprised he didn't do more.  He was decent his first couple of years in Oakland under Hue amassing over 2,000 yards receiving in his first three years.  They didn't have much, but he flashed. No injury last year that could have really changed the way he played.  He did have a really bad target-to-catch ratio but he did have some awful quarterbacks throwing to him.

I think Greg Little with an off-season is a much better option.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see them grab someone from the WW or just go with 5 either. Kroft and Eifert are going to be on the field together a lot this year.

Archived