2015 Season Thread

JC

Not as bad as the TV crew. They kept bringing up the 2012 playoffs debacle. Do other TV crews blow the other team this much?

Is it Thhhawwwm Brennaman? He's a whore.

Generally speaking though it depends on the market.  SF?  Full-on nutswinging.

So here's a question I'd like to pose:

Did the Reds fail Jay Bruce or did Jay Bruce fail the Reds?

2010 has a pretty incredible year.  Hits .281 (I'd be interested to see what his BABIP was in that year but too lazy to look it up ATM), 2011-2013 is pretty much rock solid and looks like he is going to be an upper echelon RF through his prime while being pretty good/decent out in RF defensively according to DWAR.  At times he would get on hot streaks and be probably a top 5 hitter in the game during those outbreaks which kind of had us all wondering if he would put it together, not it looks like he has completely fallen off a cliff and is pretty much a liability at the plate, but so do most of our other bats.  The guy is 28.  I have a hard time believing he has lost his bat speed.  What gives?

I think Bruce might be the most overrated guy on the roster.  At some point you've got to accept that his numbers are what they are.  Yeah he's had some great streaks there but that's all they were.  He's a decent enough player and seems like a good guy & teammate but the expectations for him seem way unrealistic at this point in his career. 

IOW I don't think anyone's failed anyone, I just think fans want him to be something more than what he is.

Is it Thhhawwwm Brennaman? He's a whore.

Generally speaking though it depends on the market.  SF?  Full-on nutswinging.

They are unbearable when the reds are playing the cardinals. Hell, they just talked about how great Molina is for 5 minutes and they're not even playing the cardinals.

They are unbearable when the reds are playing the cardinals. Hell, they just talked about how great Molina is for 5 minutes and they're not even playing the cardinals.

Yes HGH is truly a marvel of modern medicine.

Oh, is that not what they meant?

:whistle:

I have to eat crow.

I was happy when Walt took over the reigns and thought we were headed in the right direction.

I was terribly mistaken. He has driven us into a ditch, all for a couple one and done's in the playoffs.

I have to eat crow.

I was happy when Walt took over the reigns and thought we were headed in the right direction.

I was terribly mistaken. He has driven us into a ditch, all for a couple one and done's in the playoffs.

Yeah he had us going in the right direction, or at least I thought so, now I'm entirely disappointed.

Archived