2015 Season Thread

JC

hah im assuming you are just joking around but this team is going nowhere. Need to start getting rid of some of our studs to get value for them. but my guess is not until the all star break.

Need to dump Jocketty first but I agree.  Blow it up and restock the farm system he gutted for some magic beans.

Not until we win the pennant first, boys.  5 of of 6 and 10 out of 11 coming soon.

THEN we can get rid of Walt's worthless ass.  Skip may or may not go with him.  

I'll always root for Chapman. Unless he's playing for the Cards, then fuck'm

Feel the same way about Cueto.  Someone break into Walt's office, scratch Homer's name off the contract & write in Cueto's.

100 million dollar impulse buy, there.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/06/reds-release-jason-marquis.html

The Reds have released pitcher Jason Marquis, according to the MLB.com transactions page.  Marquis was designated for assignment to make room for right-hander Jon Moscotearlier this month.

Marquis, 36, posted a 6.46 ERA in 47 1/3 innings with the Reds across nine starts.  Though his 7.0 K/9 rate and 2.7 BB/9 rate are both markedly better than his career numbers in those categories, Marquis was very homer-prone.  He’s also seen his typically excellent ground-ball rate dip back to about the league average, so the increase in the percentage of fly-balls against him that leave the yard has been magnified by the fact that he’s giving up fly-balls at a higher rate in previous years.

He's eligible for FA in 2018.  As much as I'd love to keep him for forever (by far my favorite player on the team), just makes sense to let the guy go to a winner and get some VERY good prospects since he is under control for cheap for 2.5 more years.  We won't be winning by that time anyways, just trying to shed some nasty contracts.

• 2 weeks later...

And Walt promptly shoots it down saying he won't trade Todd.  Keeping Todd makes 0 sense.  I think the guy is incredible, but his next big contract is coming on the wrong side of 30 and we aren't going to be winning by that point.

2015 Reds:

Ndv7eJx.gif

You're giving the Reds way too much credit.

This said in the wake of having to watch that piece of poop last night and being forced to stay through the whole thing so my son could watch the fireworks.

You're giving the Reds way too much credit.

This said in the wake of having to watch that piece of poop last night and being forced to stay through the whole thing so my son could watch the fireworks.

Good point, I mean at least that clip was sorta entertaining.

Hope the front office has put the word out and made it abundantly clear we are in full blown sell mode.

We're creeping up on last place and need to start moving some guys before the injury bug rares its head.

Off topic, but who checked out Mesoraco? The bengals docs? Give him $28M then find out he has a hip condition that could cause him to never catch again? Yikes.

The all-star game may be the worst thing to ever happen to this team. Seems like Castellini is so afraid of what the city will think even though the stadium will be full of fans from other teams..

The all-star game may be the worst thing to ever happen to this team. Seems like Castellini is so afraid of what the city will think even though the stadium will be full of fans from other teams..

Nobody outside Cincinnati cares about the Reds right now unless they're trying to raid our roster.

I can't believe they gave Homer 100 million.  How effing shortsighted was that?  Baffles me every time I see Johnny go out there and throw gem after gem.  Going to miss that guy.

Archived