2015 Season Thread

JC

Price is part of the problem, sorry but he is. Dusty at least had those guys being competitive.

Dusty had a better 25 man roster. A very strong bullpen, 2 veteran SPs in Harang and Arroyo which helps teams a lot, Cueto as an ace, Phillips was in his prime and not coming to an end. Add in the 1 year they looked really good they had Choo.

Price is a good coach and is important to have for the young pitching. A manager in MLB is one of the most overrated positions on earth. Where Price can help is he knows how to work with and develop young pitchers. They don't want to lose that right now while they have a ton of young, up and coming arms.

It would help if for once in my adulthood our GM had the brain power to understand you need consistent, clutch hitters to win. Not a guy (like Bruce) who gets his #'s from various streaks throughout the season and a bunch of guys who cannot hit with RISP or with 2 outs.

I'm not a big Price guy.  As strictly a pitching coach, I think he did a fantastic job.  Am I pissed that he's sticking around and has a chance to work with all these guys, no way.  Do I think he makes some absolutely mind-numbing decisions?  Absolutely.  Chapman is good enough that you can use him for more than 3 outs, especially in a close intra-division game like we saw at the start of the year.  I'd love to see more of an analytic/sabremetrics guy instead of a players manager.  I'd also love to see Walt's ass kicked to the curb.

Also from what I've read on the internet (I know, I know...), it sounds like Brandon is an absolute cancer in the clubhouse.  I tend to believe it.  I'd love to see us get rid of him and Bruce this off-season.  Chapman needs to go as well.  This farm needs some bats.

Also from what I've read on the internet (I know, I know...), it sounds like Brandon is an absolute cancer in the clubhouse.  I tend to believe it.  I'd love to see us get rid of him and Bruce this off-season.  Chapman needs to go as well.  This farm needs some bats.

Maybe you're right but they're quickly running out of players worth paying to watch.

I'm not a big Price guy.  As strictly a pitching coach, I think he did a fantastic job.  Am I pissed that he's sticking around and has a chance to work with all these guys, no way.  Do I think he makes some absolutely mind-numbing decisions?  Absolutely.  Chapman is good enough that you can use him for more than 3 outs, especially in a close intra-division game like we saw at the start of the year.  I'd love to see more of an analytic/sabremetrics guy instead of a players manager.  I'd also love to see Walt's ass kicked to the curb.

Walt Jocketty should have been shot in the face for turning down the offers they got for Chapman and Bruce. Both need to go for this team to have a future and they will never get as high of offers as they received during the year this year.

The only problem I've ever heard with Phillips is that Votto doesn't like him because he makes Votto look bad due to Phillips busting ass a lot (not always heh) and also being so fan friendly which Votto couldn't be further from. If Votto doesn't like you...oh well in my book. He's a great player and a really bad leader and supposedly questionable as a teammate. Though he at least showed a little more emotion this year.

The only problem I've ever heard with Phillips is that Votto doesn't like him because he makes Votto look bad due to Phillips busting ass a lot (not always heh) and also being so fan friendly which Votto couldn't be further from. If Votto doesn't like you...oh well in my book. He's a great player and a really bad leader and supposedly questionable as a teammate. Though he at least showed a little more emotion this year.

Votto seems like an uptight prick who takes himself WAY too seriously, not that I know the man, but I find that easy to believe considering BP has been the heart of this team as well as an all-star @ 2nd.  

Votto seems like an uptight prick who takes himself WAY too seriously, not that I know the man, but I find that easy to believe considering BP has been the heart of this team as well as an all-star @ 2nd.  

Felt the same way, though I felt he has improved a little but that isn't much considering where Votto started.

Archived