Who would you like to see win the Republican and Democratic nominations?

gatorclaws

11709658_10152809892206504_1868959567749

This is such a stupid argument.

The size of government does not matter, the argument isn't whether it's big or small, or it shouldn't be, it's whether it's doing it's job of working for the people and if so leave it alone and if not fix it where its not.

Sounds like something Obama said in 08 in Denver. Come up with something better.

He completely destroyed the education system here in Wisconsin. (Which shouldn't be surprising since he doesn't have one).

If you're a big corporation then vote for him, if you're not and value our teachers, education,police officers, and fire fighters

then he is not for you.  He is as shady as they come.

By the way I feel the Bern. 

Lame. They fire just fine thank you.

What was lame was your response, Barack Obama has nothing to do with my thoughts that you replied to. So try again. Big Government or Small Government is not an acceptable answer to Sanders platform.

He completely destroyed the education system here in Wisconsin. (Which shouldn't be surprising since he doesn't have one).

If you're a big corporation then vote for him, if you're not and value our teachers, education,police officers, and fire fighters

then he is not for you.  He is as shady as they come.

By the way I feel the Bern. 

I would be interested in learning how the education system in Wisconsin has been DESTROYED.   I would have thought that would have made the news.   

What was lame was your response, Barack Obama has nothing to do with my thoughts that you replied to. So try again. Big Government or Small Government is not an acceptable answer to Sanders platform.

I was hoping you would provide a more original thought. That is all. I've worked in government. It has multiple inefficiencies and tremendous waste. Sanders platform seems like more government to me.

I was hoping you would provide a more original thought. That is all. I've worked in government. It has multiple inefficiencies and tremendous waste. Sanders platform seems like more government to me.

LOL, I was hoping you would provide a more original thought that "big government" :lol:

I currently work in government and can say any inefficiencies or waste are things that can be fixed and that simply saying "big government" isnt an answer to that.

By the way I remember when I was told EPI was not a valid source because they were union funded, the study I provided by Pew Charitable Trusts, are they union funded too? Because one of the reasons they stated for the middle class getting hurt in WI is the union busting.

At some point you're going to have to admit the emperor has no clothes here when it comes to the policies you defend.

Kansas....Wisconsin.... how many examples do you need to see the direct failures of these policies?

I would be interested in learning how the education system in Wisconsin has been DESTROYED.   I would have thought that would have made the news.

It has made the news you must not have been paying attention. Hell in 2012 alone he cut $1.2 billion (that's with a B ) 
to public education. $792 million of that was in direct State aid to kindergarten-through-12th grade schools. 

It was the largest cut in this State's history.

This past budget he just put out before announcing he was running for President had $250 million cut from 

University of Wisconsin system. 

All of this while he has actually increased this budget by 6.2% compared to his last budget.

Lucky for you I was bored. I should have just told you to google it. 

By the way I remember when I was told EPI was not a valid source because they were union funded

Who in the world would say such a silly thing? I mean, it is true that EPI is tied to organized labor, but how does that invalidate their work? Two things about think tanks: they all have some kind of policy bias and even so, many of them do serious work worth considering. You just have to take orientation into consideration. The best way to defeat an idea with with a better idea. For example, Hoover and AEI are outfits that I generally disagree with but I still know that their work is serious and requires consideration.

Travelling the path to wisdom requires some lead in the butt and some thick skin.

Dr. Kershaw....is this you??

No, I'm Dr. HeeHaw, a knee-slappin', tabaccky-chewin' bumpkin in Kentucky. S'cuse me while I spit. "Ptooie." Now that that's out of the way, perhaps I can refer you to one of my favorite collegues, Dr. Feelgood. He'll encourage your habit. I once sent him a patient who feared that if he couldn't dance, some girl was gonna break his nose.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXPcjhGStSM[/media]

Oh, and Trumka's press release? Short and sweet: "Scott Walker is a national disgrace." Six words.

I am failing to understand this "big government" versus "small government" argument. That ship has sailed long, long ago. There is and never will be again such a thing as "small government" no matter the political aisle you prefer. Both sides have "big government" spending going on, and both sides will continue to spend an exorbitant amount of money on the military, which has become our lone "big stick" with which to coerce, invade or otherwise monopolize our "interests" across the globe and that isn't going to change EVER.

Who in the world would say such a silly thing? I mean, it is true that EPI is tied to organized labor, but how does that invalidate their work? Two things about think tanks: they all have some kind of policy bias and even so, many of them do serious work worth considering. You just have to take orientation into consideration. The best way to defeat an idea with with a better idea. For example, Hoover and AEI are outfits that I generally disagree with but I still know that their work is serious and requires consideration.

Travelling the path to wisdom requires some lead in the butt and some thick skin.

OHB himself so with this 2nd study I'm just reminding him. :)

I am failing to understand this "big government" versus "small government" argument. That ship has sailed long, long ago. There is and never will be again such a thing as "small government" no matter the political aisle you prefer. Both sides have "big government" spending going on, and both sides will continue to spend an exorbitant amount of money on the military, which has become our lone "big stick" with which to coerce, invade or otherwise monopolize our "interests" across the globe and that isn't going to change EVER.

That's because war is our only export any more.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived