Who would you like to see win the Republican and Democratic nominations?

gatorclaws

He completely destroyed the education system here in Wisconsin. (Which shouldn't be surprising since he doesn't have one).
If you're a big corporation then vote for him, if you're not and value our teachers, education,police officers, and fire fighters
then he is not for you.  He is as shady as they come.

By the way I feel the Bern. 

Remember, Kasich tried to do this in Ohio and failed...

• 2 weeks later...

It has made the news you must not have been paying attention. Hell in 2012 alone he cut $1.2 billion (that's with a B ) 
to public education. $792 million of that was in direct State aid to kindergarten-through-12th grade schools. 

It was the largest cut in this State's history.

This past budget he just put out before announcing he was running for President had $250 million cut from 

University of Wisconsin system. 

All of this while he has actually increased this budget by 6.2% compared to his last budget.

Lucky for you I was bored. I should have just told you to google it. 

The cost of in state tuition at the University of Wisconsin has increased from $3290 in 2000 to $10,415 in 2015 far outpacing inflation and middle-class wage increases over the same period.  

Walker is cutting costs from an education system that is pifering federal money via the government student loan system  and thru the massive federal slush fund known as federal grants.  Big Education in this country is a license to print money.   The dorms at UK are more like staying at the Hilton and the amenities are pretty shocking.  No wonder the Millenials are such shitty employees in the real world.

The cost of in state tuition at the University of Wisconsin has increased from $3290 in 2000 to $10,415 in 2015 far outpacing inflation and middle-class wage increases over the same period.  

Walker is cutting costs from an education system that is pifering federal money via the government student loan system  and thru the massive federal slush fund known as federal grants.  Big Education in this country is a license to print money.   The dorms at UK are more like staying at the Hilton and the amenities are pretty shocking.  No wonder the Millenials are such shitty employees in the real world.

You're drunk, high, stupid or all 3.

You're drunk, high, stupid or all 3.

Nope, just able to look at things methodically and without the emotion of a menstruating 12 year old.  So did they already close the University of Wisconsin since it was, you know, destroyed?  Our education system is a bloated money pit run by elitists.  

Explain to me why it takes 8 to 10 years of higher education in this country to become a family doctor?  The answer is because the AMA has no oversight and the Medical Schools do what they want.

THANK YOU!!

It wasnt like Walker was saving the state money from "Big Education" (quotes on purpose) it was redirected to fund a basketball stadium. Either SF2 was ignorant to that or intellectually dishonest. Walker is a corporate croney just like everyone not named bernie sanders who is running.

Nope, just able to look at things methodically and without the emotion of a menstruating 12 year old.  So did the already close the University of Wisconsin since it was, you know, destroyed?  Our education system is a bloated money pit run by elitists.  

Explain to me why it takes 8 to 10 years of higher education in this country to become a family doctor?  The answer is because the AMA has no oversight and the Medical Schools do what they want.

Is that you Scott Walker? You're menstruating like a full grown bitch. 

He just made the cuts to UW. But even though the doors aren't closed they cut about 100 positions on their staff.

And he cut funds to PreK - 12th grade too. And with less than a month to go there are 2,000 teaching jobs waiting

to be filled. That's not good for a party that claims to be "job creators." There have been a ton of programs that

have been cut and jobs lost in Wisconsin's education system. All so his (your?) friends that are the true elitists can have more money.

Education is truly an investment in this Country's future. Giving the Koch's and his friend's more money is not.

But hey, the Milwaukee Sucks got a new basketball stadium.

Do you know how much a family doctor has to learn?

Weston, I believe you are right.  It also applies to Doctors of other various disciplines.  The real question is ; is it needed ?  That answer is way above me but can assume there are areas that could be ripped out of the curriculum and still get meaningful skills and knowledge.  IMHO...

Nope, just able to look at things methodically and without the emotion of a menstruating 12 year old.  So did the already close the University of Wisconsin since it was, you know, destroyed?  Our education system is a bloated money pit run by elitists.  

Really?  Maybe it's because unlike your friendly neighborhood trash collector, if that family doctor makes a mistake in his diagnosis, it can be truly tramatic!  SF2, I've always thought you were relatively intelligent, but statements like that make me wonder.

Let me ask this.

Do you want a Doc operating on you that hasn't gone through 8-10 years of higher education?

Yeah, because general practitioners dabble in surgery all the time... not.  8 years of college BEFORE you start your residency (where you actually learn how to be a doctor) is a massive cash cow for universities.    Yeah, brain and heart surgeons need a lot of training,  the majority of them don't need 10 years to learn their specialty if they have one. 

Is that you Scott Walker? You're menstruating like a full grown bitch. 

He just made the cuts to UW. But even though the doors aren't closed they cut about 100 positions on their staff.

And he cut funds to PreK - 12th grade too. And with less than a month to go there are 2,000 teaching jobs waiting

to be filled. That's not good for a party that claims to be "job creators." There have been a ton of programs that

have been cut and jobs lost in Wisconsin's education system. All so his (your?) friends that are the true elitists can have more money.

Education is truly an investment in this Country's future. Giving the Koch's and his friend's more money is not.

But hey, the Milwaukee Sucks got a new basketball stadium.

The University of Wisconsin has a $2.5 billion dollar endowment which is 1 billion more than they had in 2005.  Funny how these universities find in more important to GROW their endowments then to dip into them in a time of need.  I guess the 100 positions just didn't make the cut.  Gee, at $75,000 a year, the endowment would have needed to spend almost 0.24% of its balance to keep those CRITICAL staff positions open.

Sorry OLD, I have done WAY too much research on this topic to fall for the "but its for the children" bs.  Its all about money and power in the university system.

Its the same reason the Ohio State university should soon be renamed since the IN STATE acceptance rate for Ohio residents is dropping dramatically as the school rejects more and more OHIO STUDENTS for out of state and foreign students.  In 2009 almost 85% of the students were from Ohio.  That number is now around 72%. I wonder why the state university of Ohio would be rejecting so many applications from Ohio?  Probably has nothing to do with out of state tuition being 2x as much.  

Yeah, keep thinking the antiquated university system in this country does a great job of preparing the majority of their students for their future jobs...they don't.  The funniest statistic is the percentage of STEM college graduates that end up in a non STEM fields which is around 75%.  The two reason most cited is the students had no idea what a STEM job would actually be like and didn't like them and the other is there were few if any entry level jobs available.   A newly minted certified welder has a much better chance of finding a job today WELDING than a recent graduate with a Mechanical engineering degree does in that field.   It is WAY cheaper to import experienced engineers at a lower cost via the HB1 Visa route.

Most (not all)  Colleges do a SHIT JOB of matching the country's workforce needs with degrees.  In fact, there isn't even an attempt to do so.  Just as long as Justin and Chloe have a good time and pay their tuition...all is good. 

Do you know how much a family doctor has to learn?

No I don't but my closest friend who is an orthopedic surgeon does and he and his friends told me what is coming.   General practitioners are going the way of the do-do bird.   In their place will be nurses and certified physician assistants (PAs) who will take over that portion of the healthcare system.  You can already see this being done in all of the "minute clinics" that are popping up everywhere and is FULLY supported by ACA and the insurance companies. (way cheaper)

So the answer to your question is obviously they know too much according to our new healthcare law and can be easily replaced by less educated and trained individuals who are NOT doctors. 

CVS, Walgreens, Walmart  and the like see this as a BIG new revenue stream and are more than happy to support this. 

Oh and my Dad has a PHD, and all his PA students are at the Masters level. (6 years)

Same thing as a Nurse Practitioner (the only type of Nurse that can prescribe meds) ... you have to have a Masters degree.

And neither a PA or a NP can do any kind of surgery. That's reserved for those 8-10 year guys. ;)

Archived