Spice up your Shit  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Browns new Uniforms ?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  2. 2. Are they better than the Bengals Unis?

• hahaha
    • ROFLcopter
    • Yes ... (btw, I'm a fucking idiot)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydGSZZr83tA[/media]

Like it or not, the Bengals will always be linked to their underachieving reconstituted JV squad to the North, that pathetic excuse for a franchise in one of America’s most hollowed out industrial wastelands and festering cesspools of a city. Despite the fact that the storied franchise of the Bengals’ father Paul Brown now happily resides in Baltimore, this bad rash of humanity just couldn’t accept their defeat and instead now inflicts the NFL world with 10+ unwatchable games a year, where their mediocrity is only surpassed by the epic suckage on the field and the repulsive gelatinous neck rolls of their front row fans.

Having said all that, the decaying ‘Mistake on the Lake’ did debut some new uniforms today via Nike, which the Bengals will have to view twice a year, so we might as well assess the work outfits of the Factory of Sadness ...  

List of the Changes:

HELMET

- The shade of orange has been tweaked on the helmet.

- The face mask was changed from gray to brown.

- The brown and white portions of the center helmet stripe are now equally proportioned and have a textured pattern.

JERSEYS

- The word “Cleveland” is now largely displayed above the numbers on the chest.

- The numbers now have block-shadowed numerals and are made of a textured material.

- The number of sleeve stripes has been cut from 5 to 3.

- The word “Dawg Pound” is now stitched on the inside back collar of the jersey (not visible when worn).

PANTS

- The word “Browns” is now featured in large letters running down the leg of the pants.

- Two different sock colors, brown-topped and orange-topped.

• With brown, orange and white jerseys and pants, they now have 9 available uniform combinations. 18 combinations if you count the two colors of socks.

nflsadbrownsfan.gif

My thoughts

For the life of me I have never understood why a team called the Browns, doesn’t have a brown helmet. It would seem logical, but then again, their fans live in Cleveland (aka God’s blind spot) and so feats of judgment are not likely their strong suit. I think the team should have used a helmet logo as well, perhaps a dawg, for their famed “dawg pound”, or the dog-fighting rings that many of their hobo fans hold to earn money for crack cocaine and Colt 45s.

It also seems that the Browns orange uniforms in particular and helmet with the “big center stripe” now too closely resemble the Bengals. :1018:  I understand why they would want to resemble the only team in Ohio who regularly makes the playoffs, but I would hope that the NFL would have rules on mandatory differentiation.

I actually like the “Browns” on the pants and even the writing on the chest is stylistically fine, the only problem there is that it says “Cleveland”, which is about two steps below writing “Calcutta” over the numbers.

Overall, I consider these uniforms an improvement, but mainly because the former ones were so epically stale and awful. Plus I think Nike usually does a good job (as shown with Seattle’s unis, the only other Pro one’s they’ve designed), but to me the weak point is still the lack of a logo itself, shown by the redundant fact that their blank helmet needs to be displayed to represent the team. Then again they have never answered what a “Brown” is, however acknowledgement of “Dawg Pound” in the jersey I believe means that they are at least related to a dog at this point, and not that creepy pedophilic elf their fans love so much.

Johnny Foot-tall is out of rehab too ...

so it's practically Christmas in Cleveland right now

uEKagZH.gif

The link below has a video from Nike on the design process ...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-players-react-to-the-new-uniforms-on-momentous-night/fbb73401-a87d-4494-a177-493d5efedb9c

Via ESPN ... :weaksauce:

The jerseys: The use of large "Cleveland" lettering on the chest of all three jerseys -- brown, white and orange -- feels forced and overdone, like something a college or even high school team would do. At the unveiling, a Nike designer boasted that this lettering constituted "the largest chest mark in the NFL," which isn't necessarily something to be proud of. It would work well on an alternate jersey (a "pride" design, as the industry currently likes to call them), but putting it on all three jerseys is too much.

the colored topstitching on all of the jersey seams looks like something you'd find in the "irregular" bin at a 99-cent store (especially on the brown jersey, where the orange topstitching looks particularly bad).

The pants: Embarrassing. Those big, honking "Browns" word marks down the sides are an arena league move.

Of course, some of the combinations of these elements will look better than others -- solid orange, for example, is something to avoid, while the white jersey paired with the orange or brown pants isn't bad (at least until the players turn sideways to reveal the lettering on the pant legs). Overall, though, this feels like a downgrade. Too bad.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/13123/breaking-down-the-new-uniforms-for-the-cleveland-browns

I think this should have been the new helmet ... :contract: 

sn_browns_cr_576x324.jpg

* Then eliminate the orange jersey and pants altogether, always wear brown pants,

add in striped socks instead, and finally I think they'd have one of the better Uni's in the league.

Why do we care what the Browns wear?

You can only mock draft so many times in the off-season ... :37:  Slow NFL news time right now awaiting April 30th.

It's not that I "care", I just like discussing NFL uniforms and bashing Cleveland (two of my favorite football pastimes).

Loved reading the rundown in the first post. Their unis were the worst in the league, so I understand their desire to change something, anything.

It makes sense that their owner would jump in bed with Nike. He seems more interested in marketing than football operations. Bash Mike all you want, he's still ten times better than Jimmy Haslam.

With brown, orange and white jerseys and pants, they now have 9 available uniform combinations. 18 combinations if you count the two colors of socks.

If they wore one sock of each color they could get the combos up to 36....  no fear of mis-matched socks making them look retarded, they're already there before anyone notices the hosiery.

I continue to be glad that the Bengals are in the only division in the NFL with three professional teams.

Fox is bashing the Brown's unis as well:

Linky: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/fashion-police-ranking-nfl-uniforms-32-to-1-102014?adbsc=social_20150415_43846086&adbid=10153799653344552&adbpl=fb&adbpr=112638779551#img_0

#32 Cleveland Browns

erh5lh.jpg

"As if you thought it couldn't get any worse in Cleveland, the worst jersey on our list (October 2014) got a makeover to something that is probably uglier than the original.  A new era (error?) in Cleveland has begun."

Uhh....OK....I'm going part with hate fest and admit that I like the new ones far more than their old ones. Not only that I like them better than the Bengals' except for the helmet, which I think is the coolest in the league...our stripiddy ones that is.

Uhh....OK....I'm going part with hate fest and admit that I like the new ones far more than their old ones. Not only that I like them better than the Bengals' except for the helmet, which I think is the coolest in the league...our stripiddy ones that is.

Blasphemy!!!

Turn in your fan card.

:ninja: ???

Fans at NBC Sports weigh in ... :read:

Those look horrendous.

This is getting so stupid. Every time I see one of these new uniforms, it looks like they were designed by FUBU.

I like that they have Browns running down the leg. It seems appropriate.

Nike should reconsider the orange uniforms; they aren’t orange or any shade of that color. They are red. Plain and simple; red. Just like a blushing tomato.

With that name across the chest, they look like high school uniforms…. Major fail – UGH!!

Hideous, but I guess, appropriate…

“Cleveland” across the front. “Browns” across the buttocks. -- Forrest Gump

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/14/browns-unveil-new-uniforms/

Archived