Avengers 2

Go Skins

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/27/german-movie-theaters-boycott-ultron?hootPostID=6e17d4915f50815dd71c8eb5f4ea36da

You’re going to have to look hard to find the Avengers assembling in Germany. As reported by Variety, independent movie theaters are boycotting the popular Marvel film, citing massive raises in rental fees from Disney.

According to Germany’s international broadcasterDeutsche Wellefees are being raised from 47.7 percent to 53 percent of ticket sales. Disney has also chosen to cut back on advertising, and will reportedly not any provide advances for 3-D glasses. Theater owners in over 100 small towns have claimed that the rise in cost may put them out of business.

Speaking on behalf of theater owners in Northern Germany, Karl-Heinz Meier, a spokesperson for I.G. Nord, explained why the situation is so dire. “When prices go up, then we have a serious problem that could force movie theaters to close,” Meier said. Currently, the film is being kept from over 600 theaters.

Avengers: Age of Ultron debuted overseas this weekend to a massive opening, grossing $201.2 million and $9.3 at the German box office alone. The film opens in U.S. theaters May 1.

I saw a rumor that the original cut of this movie was 3 1/2 hours. 

Whedon said the original cut was 3:15.  Said there will be a fair amount of cut scenes on the DVD

Namely Thor's side story, and a few other nuggets.

Saw it this morning.  Awesome Sauce.

I just re-watched Captain America: the Winter Soldier for kicks.  Here are a few observations:

1) the makeup/hairdressing department tried their damnedest to make Scarlett Johansson unattractive but they failed. (greasy, flat hair is apparently a turn-off for me) 

2) the music at the beginning of the end credits features the French horn, which from now on will be known as the Freedom horn. 

3) yes, I might have knocked back a few; for fuck's sake, we took to OTs and a TE on days 1 and 2. 

I just re-watched Captain America: the Winter Soldier for kicks.  Here are a few observations:

1) the makeup/hairdressing department tried their damnedest to make Scarlett Johansson unattractive but they failed. (greasy, flat hair is apparently a turn-off for me) 

2) the music at the beginning of the end credits features the French horn, which from now on will be known as the Freedom horn. 

3) yes, I might have knocked back a few; for fuck's sake, we took to OTs and a TE on days 1 and 2. 

4) :lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived