Texas A&M professor fails entire class for bad behavior

Go Skins

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/04/27/Texas-AM-professor-fails-entire-class-for-bad-behavior/8511430158211/

GALVESTON, Texas, April 27 (UPI) -- ATexas A&M at Galveston professor failed his entire class after losing his patience with their bad behavior and academic dishonesty.

Professor Irwin Horwitz sent the email to the students of his strategic management class, citing cheating, disrespect, lying, rudeness and rumor mongering.

Inside Higher Ed obtained the email sent to his students.

Since teaching this course, I have caught and seen cheating, been told to 'chill out,' 'get out of my space,' 'go back and teach,' [been] called a '[expletive] moron' to my face, [had] one student cheat by signing in for another, one student not showing up but claiming they did, listened to many hurtful and untrue rumors about myself and others, been caught between fights between students.... None of you, in my opinion, given the behavior in this class, deserve to pass, or graduate to become an Aggie, as you do not in any way embody the honor that the university holds graduates should have within their personal character. It is thus for these reasons why I am officially walking away from this course. I am frankly and completely disgusted. You all lack the honor and maturity to live up to the standards that Texas A&M holds, and the competence and/or desire to do the quality work necessary to pass the course just on a grade level.... I will no longer be teaching the course, and all are being awarded a failing grade.

Archived