Armageddon... around the World...

Numbers

I think the entire tone of the article is that this was the obvious result of the cops actions. Which I think is false. 

As Meghann Harris put it, "if I were a Douglas student that just got trapped in the middle of a minefield BY cops without any way to get home and completely in harm's way, I'd be ready to pop off, too."

On social media, eyewitnesses chronicled the dramatic police presence before the rioting began:

Just because someone is "ready to pop off" doesn't mean they would. I have used similar language before in my life, and to this day I have never done so. Hell I have even said things to the effect of "Of he did that to me I'd kill him!". Does that mean I am contemplating murder or that I would excuse someone from murdering in that situation? Hell no.

What you have there is just an expression to show some sympathy to someone in a situation. "If I were a kid in that situation I would be pissed off too!" There I said it. That doesn't mean I would riot, nor does that mean I excuse anyone who would. It's just saying that there was a reason for bad tempers. I used the word INFLAMED. Same thing. Actions were taken that made people angrier and made things worse.

Just because someone is "ready to pop off" doesn't mean they would. I have used similar language before in my life, and to this day I have never done so. Hell I have even said things to the effect of "Of he did that to me I'd kill him!". Does that mean I am contemplating murder or that I would excuse someone from murdering in that situation? Hell no.

What you have there is just an expression to show some sympathy to someone in a situation. "If I were a kid in that situation I would be pissed off too!" There I said it. That doesn't mean I would riot, nor does that mean I excuse anyone who would. It's just saying that there was a reason for bad tempers. I used the word INFLAMED. Same thing. Actions were taken that made people angrier and made things worse.

But they did riot. I am not sure what your point is here. So your not blaming the cops for causing the riot or are you? Because you seem to be blaming them for quite a bit here. There is a big jump for me from being frustrated to looting stores and attacking cops. 

But they did riot. I am not sure what your point is here. So your not blaming the cops for causing the riot or are you? Because you seem to be blaming them for quite a bit here. There is a big jump for me from being frustrated to looting stores and attacking cops. 

:facepalm:

Nevermind. My bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UTcJwYVHi6w

There is a great video of Geraldo trying to get the Crips and bloods to say they had a truce and were going to kill cops and they wouldnt say it and they made him look terrible. It's amazing when you are so corrupt that the Crips and bloods could sue you for slander. 

And I am going to paste this little snippet here from the article..

Since 2009, the troubled department has been involved in 47 shootings, 32 of which were fatal.  Chief Eden has stated that these numbers reflect a “systemic failure in our ability to track employee misconduct.”

In April of last year, the department was accused of using excessive force by the Justice Department after the frightening murder of the homeless James Boyd when he was approached for “illegally camping.”  Boyd was shot by an officer who had discussed his plans to shoot him in the penis, hours prior to his death.  Their own police chief openly admitted that he is stuck with officers who should not be on the force.

While the APD may have lost a desperately needed actual “good cop”, the violent duo accused of the assault are currently on paid leave.

“Based on our investigation, we have reasonable cause to believe that APD engages in a pattern or practice of use of excessive force, including deadly force, in violation of the Fourth Amendment and Section 14141. Our investigation included a comprehensive review of APD’s operations and the City’s oversight systems. We have determined that structural and systemic deficiencies—including insufficient oversight, inadequate training, and ineffective policies— contribute to the use of unreasonable force,” the Department of Justice wrote of the department.

I'm sure Weston will find a way to defend these guys.

just gonna put this here (good on this cadet)

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/apd-police-cadet-reports-fellow-officers-beating-homeless-man-resigns/

You know what really upsets me with this ? The accused is on PAID leave. Seems standard fare unfortunately.

The heinous part of this incident is IMHO... He was " shot by an officer who had discussed his plans to shoot him in the penis, hours prior to his death. "

You know what really upsets me with this ? The accused is on PAID leave. Seems standard fare unfortunately.

The heinous part of this incident is IMHO... He was " shot by an officer who had discussed his plans to shoot him in the penis, hours prior to his death. "

I think you have to put them on paid leave just due to the fact that it may not always be true.

Now what I would prefer is if the state can garnish the wages of any future job (if they arent incarcerated) for the time they were on that paid leave.

I think you have to put them on paid leave just due to the fact that it may not always be true.

Now what I would prefer is if the state can garnish the wages of any future job (if they arent incarcerated) for the time they were on that paid leave.

I think you have a great idea. However, simply to give them PAID leave with no entanglements is wrong.

Just a few words for what the United States is turning into...

Jade Helm 15

I always enjoy watching military exercises taking place in the civilian community...

Lest you think the US is not preparing for Urban Warfare, please view the overhead views of military bases. Lots of urban environment comparable to US and not middle east style of housing...

Note: these urban areas are being installed where there were formerly middle east style areas, all within the last few years.

This is just a precursor to martial law across the entire US. They're coming for your guns... :) 1/2 :ninja:

Did BengalBacker hack your account?

I don't care if you laugh at me Jamie. Common sense tells me there are a million things that could throw our society into chaos overnight, and common sense tells me the government is preparing for it. I wouldn't feel too comfortable if I were you.

I don't care if you laugh at me Jamie. Common sense tells me there are a million things that could throw our society into chaos overnight, and common sense tells me the government is preparing for it. I wouldn't feel too comfortable if I were you.

I don't know that I think paranoia is common sense

Archived