Dear White Facebook Friends

Jamie_B

Okay, so after I post the video, I follow it up with the Strawman Logical fallacy.

Then what?

Actually it was you who introduced the Stawman with the whole "were all Africans if you go back far enough" in that this conversation has nothing to do with ancestral history, as that is not the argument. The argument has to do with African American issues in the United States.

Try again.

Actually it was you who introduced the Stawman with the whole "were all Africans if you go back far enough" in that this conversation has nothing to do with ancestral history, as that is not the argument. The argument has to do with African American issues in the United States.

Try again.

Then deny, deny, deny, and follow up with spin.

Is there more? Or that the end of it?

So you didn't introduce a strawman that had nothing to do with the topic at hand?

hmm maybe one of us (and it's not me) should go bone up on what a strawman is then.

Then a nonsequitor fallacy to distract from the strawman followed by the same spin move used previously.

Is there more?

When do you claim victory and go away?

I already had victory from your initial post, completely moving the goalpost with regard to the initial argument to begin with.

And I never go away, been here since the start of the board. You will have to get used to me. Or you can be the one to go away.

I already had victory from your initial post, completely moving the goalpost with regard to the initial argument to begin with.

And I never go away, been here since the start of the board. You will have to get used to me. Or you can be the one to go away.

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

Should I respond with a longer video that nobody will watch and call it my response?

I'm new here and am unfamiliar with how this game is played.

pretty much nailed it.

and if the video can go like 10-15 seconds before it rick rolls the watcher, you get extra rep points.

The OP letter seems intent on dividing the races and promoting placing blacks on a pedestal.

Right; when we didn't want them going to school with our kids that was totally OK, but when someone suggests POC are not always treated the same in society they're "being divisive".  Always the amusing argument, that.

We are all African if you go back far enough...

We were all mollusks if you go back far enough but somehow I'm still allergic to shellfish. 

Just thought I'd mention that while we're talking about things that aren't relevant.

Right; when we didn't want them going to school with our kids that was totally OK, but when someone suggests POC are not always treated the same in society they're "being divisive".  Always the amusing argument, that.

We were all mollusks if you go back far enough but somehow I'm still allergic to shellfish. 

Just thought I'd mention that while we're talking about things that aren't relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k

• 2 weeks later...

Archived