~~> * The OFFICIAL {DAY 2} DRAFT THREAD * <~~

The even better one that Joey posted was:

1) Fisher

2) Dawson

3) Kroft

3b) Cedric

People would be doing backflips. 

(I would have lamented not grabbing Jarrett at 3b over our future franchise LT, but I'd still be happy knowing that he's still out there - and I'd hope we did everything under the sun to go grab him first thing tomorrow morning).  

If I was choosing the top 10 guys that I am most excited about (in order) regardless of projected round tomorrow, they'd be ...

Apocalypto-apocalypto-21708234-460-218.g

DAY 3 WISH LIST

1. WR  Darren Waller

2. MLB  Jeff Luc

3. DE/DT  David Irving

4. OLB  Kyle Emanuel

5. WR  Dezmin Lewis

6. TE  Jesse James

7. K  Tom Obarski

8.  TE  E.J. Bibbs

9.  OLB  Jake Ryan

10. MLB  Taiwan Jones

Had we drafted
21 fisher
53 Dawson
3a Cedric
3b Laura Kraft
That draft looks better. How much of this is about perspective.

It's a non conventional draft in a sense that it's goes against the public opinion of need. If you read individual players reviews and remove any bias they are landing good players.

Now the question remains is this functional? I don't see a whole lot of snaps for picks 1-3. Except maybe in the jumbo or something.

Are we going to cut/trade a vet tackle? If so, that doesn't make you better in the short term? In the future do we have two left tackles?

Upgrading the OLine, was the obvious intent here. Yes, they are planning for the future but several comments from Hue clearly indicate that he wasn't happy with the line's running or protection last year.

Now, finally, as Hue said, "we have a chance to be good." 

Archived